Your Weather Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Weather Today

38C/98F with a smokey orange sun and no breeze. Visibility maybe 1 mile in smoke, the mountains are gone.
    Local wild fires are blowing up very fast, the local fire ban even stops welders.
    I can see fire ash on my brand new balcony railing = frizzled black bits of pine and spruce needles.

Let me try to show you a clear day:

Brian T

103° Smoke still in an unhealthy range. No matter which way the wind blows there is a good size fire burning
    . . .JoeB

Comment

Wet hot and humid in the deep south. You wear the air. Dew point near 80, humidity upper 90's, temp in the 90's and rain.
      Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

Amazingly wet here in the Ozarks. In the last week we have had several inches of rain here in the Hollow. But, it comes in violent thunderstorms and may not rain a mile away. We have a frame up and rebar in place for a patio. Wondering when we can pour concrete.

Comment

Smokey bad air is all I can say about this morning. Dark orange sun, no mountains.
          Wildfire situation at least as bad as last summer.
          Brian T

Comment

Central coastal Florida was 97 yesterday with air sucking humidity! Makes it a bugger to breathe for those of us with lung problems. But thank God due to recent statewide rains we haven't had the bad wild fires as we've had some years in the past. I really feel bad for all those who have lost homes and summer cabins in the west. Material things are just things that can be replaced but I wouldn't cherish the thought of having to start all over at my age.

Comment

Rain, humidity and about 90 degrees all summer long. Cat 4 Hurricane went pass without any effects....but too near for comfort. The weather sure has brought out the ants this year....been a major war. Wildfires in the mountains still on the big island...rains do not seem to affect them much...due to the 30 mph winds. Volcano time clock still ticking ....people are major praying that disaster is major gone? We will wait for that one. Election time and we have fights broke out....tons of really angry people about the nuke incident and too many kinds of disaster relief went bad. If my hair does not fall out from the nonstop disasters this year I will totally amazed!!!!!

Comment

Hey Di, what is happening with the eruptions?
                . . .JoeB

Comment

Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
                  Hey Di, what is happening with the eruptions?
                  The volcano is quiet last five days....somewhat major shut down of massive earthquakes. Fissure eight flow channel is dry of lava. Although it is still pouring into the ocean via lava tubes that also has major slow down. The sky has been clean of massive vog....and etc. What we do not know is if the volcano is stopping or waiting for the next blast....everyone is just holding their breath. She could still have a major explosion or what? Unknown..... 1955 eruption the volcano went quiet and woke up 16 days later... But yesterday there was a lot of gases pouring out of cracks in the earth so concern that this may be starting all over again???....basically everyone is praying and hoping this whole mess is over and everyone can move on. For me, the tsunami siren is back on ...SO FAR...no more daily tsunami warning sirens.

Comment

We are supposed to be in for a couple of days of thunderstorms. More lightning is just what we need.
                    If the predicted rain happens, so much the better.
                    I can't see clouds for smoke but the light goes from really bright to very gloomy. Must be clouds up there, somewhere.
                    Brian T

Comment

We have sunshine and trade winds!!!! By Wednesday we are getting leftover from Cyclone Kristy ...which mean thunderstorms, and lots of rain and super muggy again. I posted about the volcano in the volcano post for those following that information along with pictures of some of our new black sand beaches which were made because of hurricane Hector.

Comment

Remember, the crew in the Space Station are only 100 miles away approx.
                        They say that British Columbia looks like an ash tray with the smoke.
                        If the breeze picks up, all we get is old smoke or new smoke.

Dileon: I would have liked to see the lava flow at full speed.
                        Very hard for me to imagine the sizes of volcanic things.
                        Brian T

Comment

Originally posted by Robson Valley View Post
                          Remember, the crew in the Space Station are only 100 miles away approx.
                          They say that British Columbia looks like an ash tray with the smoke.
                          If the breeze picks up, all we get is old smoke or new smoke.

Dileon: I would have liked to see the lava flow at full speed.
                          Very hard for me to imagine the sizes of volcanic things.
                          On the Volcano thread.....two videos one on page 10 post #145 and then on page 12 post #172 shows a lava channel with USGS collecting sample. or would you like to see one from the air?

Comment

I would like to be on the ground and watch it all happen, right in front of me. The video that you show is amazing.
                            However, cruising around in a boat with lava bomb explosions is out of my league.
                            Brian T

Comment

Had some showers today in NW Oregon. Quite welcome. I don't know if they slowed down any of the fires but for now the air is a lot fresher. A little relief from the high temps, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X