No announcement yet.

Your Weather Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See also the typical tornado damage = houses side-by-side, now one has disappeared.
    Brian T

Comment

• That is how the Mississippi coast looked after hurricane Katrina hit. 28 foot storm surge in the Biloxi area. Total devastation. That is a risk we take when we choose to live on the gulf coast. It is always a matter of when it will come not if. We helped load a truck with food and cleaning supplies last night. It is on its way today along with our prayers for those lost and for those facing the recovery process. We have family who live on St Goerge Island,They evacuated we think but have not been able to reach them.
      Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

• All we ever get is the major snow melt in late June. Our "surge" might be a flood of 6 - 8' more water in the rivers.
        Not a flash flood as it goes on for a few weeks. A few riverside pastures become lakes for a while, the ducks & geese move to higher ground.
        Even waterfalls disappear when the Holmes River fills up doing 40 miles an hour!
        Brian T

Comment

• Wow! A big change this morning. It is 55, low humidity with very light breeze and I am having my coffee on the porch. I love it !!
          Randy

Comment

• Predicted snow is a very cold and windy rain instead. The freezing level can't be far above me.
            Brian T

Comment

• I am happy first cool night since the beginning of summer.....winter is coming fast....only a few trees loose leaves here. And they are gone in the last week. By winter I mean the low 70s.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dileon View Post
                . By winter I mean the low 70s.....
                Low 70's......wow! , that's a hot day in mid summer up here on the east coast of Canada....
                Wayne

If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

• I can't hardly imagine low 70's for winter. Out my kitchen windows, the snow line is coming down and down and down.
                  What a world for Dileon to carve in.
                  Brian T

Comment

• Originally posted by Robson Valley View Post
                    I can't hardly imagine low 70's for winter. Out my kitchen windows, the snow line is coming down and down and down.
                    What a world for Dileon to carve in.
                    You should see me....zero toleration for weather change.... wearing my heavy duty jacket and fuzzy warm hat in our winter weather....people think you nuts. But when you live in environment with no weather change your body does not tolerate any temp. change. Think I would die in the snow now, even though I grew up in it.

Comment

• My old circulation is bad. I think there's less tolerance for big heat (90F+) and serious cold (-20).
                      14F = -10C. Outdoors, I can still do a lot of that but not by choice to leap around in.

Adze and big gouge & mallet work is good at 65F. Fine work and making edges needs 75F for me.

I'll agree = a down jacket at 75F does look a little out of place.
                      Brian T

Comment

• We ended up with 1" of snow and 27 degrees this morning...first snow of the season here in Kansas, and I think the first measurable snow this early that I can ever remember.

Comment

• Climate is changing. I notice from all sorts of sources are people saying they experience stuff that hasn't ever happened in that day and time before.
                          We are about to get 7-10 days or warmer and dry! Not too unusual but I can rain the frozen garden hoses!

What do you all think of this year's fruit crops? Everything? I was supposed to make some apple pies. Not.
                          Was gifted a big bag of HoneyCrisp for the pies and it is my intention to eat them all. 3 left.
                          My grapes ripened at least a week early. My cherries were the best ever.
                          Brian T

Comment

• Hot and humid has stretched into late October. Not unheard of but unusual. The weatherman says fall will stay starting next week. But on the Gulf coast you just never know. Highs can range from the mid 50’s to 100 this time of year.
                            Randy

Comment

• We had a nasty F6 come down Interstate 35 and north of larger towns - Waco, Temple, Austin - it turn a bit and sucked the slabs up off the ground and every, every thing in the path leaving a deep path. The slabs were found miles away in clumps of chunks. The town lives today being rebuilt. The ranchers and farmers that made the town a town lived through the storm and needed food stores and gas stores and places to have briskets and gravy for breakfast (after chores) and awaiting stores to open. I stopped there many times over the years before and always stopped at the place that was covered the parking in pickups. Knew good food was to be found. Some of the tornadoes are small like a stick and others one or two houses wide and then those that take several blocks of a city wide. As a kid living in the high desert of El Paso, we had dust devils that were at most 6' wide and sandpapering everything inside or out in range. Pouring sand out the top. Nasty on a playground or housing area.

Comment

• Originally posted by lionslair View Post
                                We had a nasty F6 come down Interstate 35 and north of larger towns - Waco, Temple, Austin - it turn a bit and sucked the slabs up off the ground and every, every thing in the path leaving a deep path. The slabs were found miles away in clumps of chunks. The town lives today being rebuilt. The ranchers and farmers that made the town a town lived through the storm and needed food stores and gas stores and places to have briskets and gravy for breakfast (after chores) and awaiting stores to open. I stopped there many times over the years before and always stopped at the place that was covered the parking in pickups. Knew good food was to be found. Some of the tornadoes are small like a stick and others one or two houses wide and then those that take several blocks of a city wide. As a kid living in the high desert of El Paso, we had dust devils that were at most 6' wide and sandpapering everything inside or out in range. Pouring sand out the top. Nasty on a playground or housing area.
                                We had a F5 in Xenia Ohio....I was walking to school missed the school bus...lucky some farmer pulled me out of the ditch I was hiding in. But never forget that sky was black as black. It hit Xenia and the pictures look just like the one that hit Farrel Texas....nothing no grass, no trees, no debris. Things you never forget. Like the sandstorm in Eygpt when I was in my 30s......when visiting one of tombs,....I was lucky as I was wearing the full middle eastern cover up for women...as it was hard to breath even with my face covered...scary it was. Looking at the hurricane Michael damage reminded me of those times when nature comes down and you lucky your in the right place at the right time, you will survive ....where others will not.

Comment

Working...
                                X