No announcement yet.

Your Weather Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great weather days here right now. Lows in the 50’s and low 60’s with highs in the upper 70’s. It is still a bit humid but not a steam bath. I think fall has finely come to stay for a while. Should be done with the room remolding in the next few days and I will be able to get back to carving.
    Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

• Odd that it didn't freeze last night. 7C/45F this morning. Usually warms up before it rains/snows.
      Ordered a bunch of things to grow bean & veg sprouts to eat. Everything has arrived.
      Will spend today figuring out where I have hidden everything.
      Good Morning everyone!
      Brian T

Comment

• Cool and light rain in Abilene, Texas. This October just keeps on setting new records for rainfall.

Comment

• Rain and more rain....it is that time of year....but it is cooler...thank goodness! Finally..... I am not a sweating pig right now.

Comment

• Beautiful fall weather here in Kansas. Cloudy and chance of rain today, but the forecast will be 60's and low humidity for the next 10 days! Kansas in the fall is wonderful!
            Last edited by tbox61; 10-24-2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Dry, Dry, Dry here in Nevada
              . . .JoeB

Comment

• ("Don't look Ethel!) but our first real cold front is pushing across the Gulf of Mexico. I may even be able to go to the dog park this weekend and whittle while my dog whittles!

Comment

• At least a week of cold wetness as of today. Spit rain yesterday then snowed in the night.
                  That melted, S wind picked up and misty cold showers this AM. Gloomy!
                  Good carving weather, methinks.
                  Brian T

Comment

• Looks like the tropical storms might be over as well. YEA!

Comment

• Good Morning! A week of snow is holding off still. May your whole week be storm-free.
                      Going shopping at the cedar mill later this morning.
                      Maybe some posts for story poles and some bark to prep for weaving (no idea what I'm doing.)
                      Brian T

Comment

• flash-flood (1).jpg

Weather conditions can change drastically on the islands.....within a matter of minutes. While it may be dry, hot and windy on the other side of the island..., it could easily be pouring and snowing on the top of Haleakala. On my side of the island.....it is pouring a lot harder than this....the next few days. This is one thing that can kill you. The tiny freshwater streams, waterfalls, natural pools and rivers, we make sure to heed warnings of flash floods which are super normal for us..... They will start suddenly with no warning depending on the conditions upstream, so ignoring the forecasts and it could mean not getting back home if you are in Honolulu. Trust me, that's one water slide that I am too darn old to get on.

Comment

• It is pouring buckets, we are flash flooding, the highway is closed down...so far today 5 inches and it supposed to continue all day, .....rain like this sure leaves you lazy. As long as the rain does not come into my shop ....like the flood early this year. I am happy.

Comment

• Send it our way on the Pineapple Express, please
                            . . .JoeB

Comment

• If it's any consolation, it's nice to know that most carving wood floats. No chance of your WIPs getting lost.
                              Gimme another 6-8 weeks and I'll need a shovel to find my wood piles.
                              Brian T

Comment

• We are moving out of hurricane season and starting severe thunder storm season. As the cold fronts come down from the north west and mixes with the warmer gulf air we deal with the boomers. Christmas day 2014 we had a F2 tornado take out a large area of midtown. Big storms in the area on Thursday they say.
                                Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

Working...
                                X