No announcement yet.

Your Weather Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you going to win the bet on rainfall total?
    I had a nice a/v visit with the kids on Maui.
    They never mentioned the weather and I forgot to ask.
    Their wedding is tomorrow @ 4:30 PM, your time.
    The video link is working really well but lip-synch is bad.

Cold, damp and mostly clear here today. Some smoke haze but no smell.
    Slows the fires down but most won't quit until deep winter.

We might have frost at my place by week's end. My grapes are coloring up fast.
    Was snowing like Hello on the east slope out from Banff National Park yesterday.
    I'm drying a load of Roma tomato, the whole house smells wonderful!
    Brian T

Comment

Looks like the Northern Gulf Coast is next for a bad storm. I live right about where the "L" is in "New Orleans" on the map...

Claude
      My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Better hold on to your Santa hat Claude. She'll be a might breezy!

Tinwood

Comment

Expecting much rain with the wind, Claude?

10C/50F damp and chilly day again. Another good rain in the night, my spruce trees were dripping this morning.
          Supposed to rain again later but maybe dry up for a few cool days this week.
          Brian T

Comment

94F with heat index of 103F in middle Tennessee.

Comment

Just a shame that we can't even things out a bit. I like 75F.
              Brian T

Comment

Dang! it must be your and Di magnetic personality That attract these guys, hope all goes well
                . . .JoeB

Comment

There was worry that the wedding on Maui would be drowned out by Hurricane Lane.
                  Was so hot and sunny that the video feed camera was destroyed by the heat.
                  Brian T

Comment

Our turn on the gulf. Looks like tropical storm Gordon will be hurricane Gordon in a few hours. The eye will come in just west of Mobile they think. Being on the right side of the storm will bring us the much of the wind rain. Estimated 6 to 8 inches tomorrow night. Storm Surge up to 6ft on the coast and up to 4ft at the top of Mobile Bay. That will not change much unless it slows down. Biggest threat to us will be wind and rain, a lot of big old oaks in our part of town. We will most likely lose power do to a down tree or two. Most of the time there is not a lot of real bad damage with a category one where we are. But those on the coast and Dauphin Island could have some Issues. We have rolled out our storm supply kit put up about 10 gallons of water checked all the radios and flashlights. I will tie down the yard stuff in the morning. You always hope it is a waste of time but better to be ready than not. It is moving very fast so it will be here and gone by Wed. night.
                    Last edited by Randy; 09-03-2018, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Yup. Under the best of circumstances, preparation is a waste of time and money, just like insurance.
                      Reads like you are ready to ride this on out Randy. I wish all the best for you and your family.
                      I sure don't have anything to complain about these days. Maybe first frost tonight, no real surprise.
                      Brian T

Comment

Originally posted by Robson Valley View Post
                        Yup. Under the best of circumstances, preparation is a waste of time and money, just like insurance.
                        Reads like you are ready to ride this on out Randy. I wish all the best for you and your family.
                        I sure don't have anything to complain about these days. Maybe first frost tonight, no real surprise.
                        Thanks for the good wishes Brian. These things come and go down here. Some are bad, some not so bad but all a pain in the wallet or that area.

Comment

Latest reports show that Gordon's expected path has veered very slightly to the East of predictions from a couple of days ago - just enough to put us out of the worst of it... Biloxi looks to get hit by the "eye". Like Randy, we've got extra food, water, gas for the generator, etc. Heavy rain started about an hour ago here.

Claude
                          My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Claude: How long is this thing supposed to last? Hope it turns into a breeze to whiff the flies away.
                            Brian T

Comment

You fellows hunker down and don't take any chances. I know you both are experienced with this type of yearly weather, but nevertheless don't take Mother Nature for granted (she can turn nasty in the blink of an eye)
                              Wayne
                              If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Claude View Post
                                Looks like the Northern Gulf Coast is next for a bad storm. I live right about where the "L" is in "New Orleans" on the map...

Claude
                                I live west of Alexandria in Texas - just past the second large lake. Looks like it will give us rain but little wind. Bad wind is on the East side. Like a right handed uppercut. We had a storm pass to the west through central Texas and it laid down stands of trees. I lost about an acre of woods. Take care and store things out of water zone. I had a friend that lived down there with a machine shop in his basement. He was able to go home when the water dropped and it was a pile of rust.

Comment

Working...
                                X