No announcement yet.

Your Weather Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon is a shore. Not any real damage in my home. Winds up and down highest here was 29.mph. About 3 inches of rain so far. More rain with the back side of the storm tomorrow. We have lost power a couple of times but only for an hour or so. A lot of leaves to clean up but that is the worst of it here. We will not know about surge where my wife’s office is in down town Mobile until morning. But it does not sound like it was high enough to be an issue yet but surge may continue for a few more hours.
    Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

Keep yer head down Randy. Be nice if it blows over without any issues.

Tinwood

Comment

The storm missed us completely here in SE LA. From the looks of the map, Mobile and Pensacola got the worst of the rain.

Claude
        My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

I guess we will sit back and wait to see were it goes in the next few days,always hope for the best.
          Bruce

Comment

Never a break! Hurricane Norman is passing to the west of us right now and we are told watch it in case it turns and hits us....anything is possible. Hurricane Oliva is tracked to hit us on Wednesday, the thing is if Oliva hits it will my side of the island....but it is a wait and see the game. After watching the videos of Hurricane Jebi cat 2 hit Japan and flipping over those semi trucks, ....I am not so sure of cat 2 hurricanes. I have not had any time to carve since preparedness from Hurricane Lane which was a major disaster as far as flooding but glad the mess missed this island. Too many things happening that need major attention. But I got my kava kava tea for nerves and a bunch of DVD movies ready and all my junk food....ready for the next hit....they were right when they reported the hurricanes would be tracked toward the islands this year. The east coast US is going to get hit by hurricane and Guam is getting ready for a possible cat 5, FEMA is heading there tomorrow the weird thing all these hurricanes are supposed to hit about the same time. So lots of people are sitting and waiting to see what happens.

hurricane Jebi...great footage from Youtube
            Last edited by Dileon; 09-07-2018, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Scattered thunderstorms today. Mental and physical. My truck delivery of my observatory broke down and didn't make it today. Now Monday. There goes the weekend again. The observatory is for my large telescopes. Another hobby. I have a meeting Monday night and such is life. One thing after another.

Comment

Some days are diamonds, some days are dirt.

Open fire ban has been lifted in my district which is bigger than the whole of the UK, the whole of Japan or the whole of New Zealand.
                Just 1/4 or so of BC.

Our wildfire season has slowed down. Huge tracts of the province have been shut down, voluntarily, to moose hunting.
                Biggest burn in recorded history and 2017 is still #2. Unlike last summer, minimal property loss this summer.
                Brian T

Comment

Calm before the hurricane. But for those Navy and Airforce service men and women in Guam, the hurricane is going to be a major one it will hit tomorrow. The East coast is going to get hit by a Cat 4 hurricane.....good luck to all of you. We are looking at major rains again....Hurricane Oliva is going to hit us as it is tracked straight toward us. ....although it should be a tropical storm and not a hurricane...although they do remark that means nothing about damage and intensity. They are chanting remember Hurricane Jebi and cat one flipping over cars.....could happen to us. In the wonderful world of volcanos and hurricanes. Me I am going to take a stupid pill and hit the chocolate again.....then get ready for more flooding.

Comment

Dileon: your storms must be lined up in a row! They sure make a mess of your place.

Wednesday for us, high of 36F, low of 20F and 80% chance of snow.

I'm nearly ready. Need snow tires on. Got lots of food and fuel for heat and solar for light if I need it.
                    A couple of big frosts ought to bring the grapes on, glad I won't be a part of the picking crew.

We didn't get up to 65F this afternoon in a stiff breeze then it started to piddle rain.
                    I sent the gardener off for groceries, he was happy to be indoors!
                    Brian T

Comment

• Take care out there - poured last time and now a direct hit! Hope it goes over or north of you. If it goes south of you - heading to the straits or the big island the storm will send strong punching right fist counter-clockwise. We lost an acre of hardwood to one storm like that. We have two gunning for us in Texas. One in Mexico heading north and another coming from south of Cuba. I have family - four houses - in N.C. where the current hit is coming. Right time of the year. Our grass and weeds are getting high.

Comment

• Cold Front sliding south over us today. Wet snow by 8:30 AM and maybe -6C/20F tonight.
                        My central heating system in this house has an oil-fired furnace. Yesterday, it died.
                        Repair guy here this morning. Wait and see.
                        Brian T

Comment

• Well Olivia is now a tropical storm. Which means still a cyclone but lower wind. About four hours before impact.....Maui and Molokai will get the center of the storm. We are on the worst side of the cyclone...Northern....which means we will get hit just like Maui. Yes we have a had a train of hurricanes this year....one after another.....one behind Olivia is Paul which will fizzle out. The only thing bad is one that my side we never get cyclones from the East....so this may be a new experience. I am just storm-weary....next few days massive rains. Perhaps after clean up..... then I can go to the shop and carve??? I really feel for the people on the East coast...flat land and major storm surge. We will get waves up to 20 feet but the beaches normally can handle super high waves here.

Comment

• I think Fall with cooler temperatures has arrived in NV
                            . . .JoeB

Comment

• We are getting a lot of tropical rain and looks like more is to come. Storms are entering Mexico and will transverse the desert and mountains there, maybe make the coast and build again. Rain is always wanted until it starts to become a bore. It is in that mode now.

Comment

• Cold 4C but I'm not freezing yet. Furnace oil fuel theft of near 250 imperial gallons = 1,150 liters.
                                Theft loss = $1,440.00 or more. I'll be using 5 pounds of sugar if I find them.
                                Brian T

Comment

Working...
                                X