No announcement yet.

Your Weather Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caution is needed - you are in Hawaii and they 'roast' pigs in pits! Don't let it slip out in public.

Comment

• You gotta do a Luau with pulled pork, cooked in a ground pit.
      There's a gritty earthiness to the meat that will last you for a week.
      I'll settle for good chew in a 'Q. for now.

My district right now boasts every possible shade of leaf yellow that you can imagine. Some shrubs are purple and red.
      The leaves are already off the cottonwoods but the birch and aspens are in full dress. A week of freezing nights and cool days
      since I was in the city. Quite a sight. The pickers have stripped the grape vines so that's done for the year.

Next step is to find the keys for the gun locks. Dig out a couple of shotguns and go blast some chickens.
      That means grouse hunting for Franklin's, Ruffed and Dusky, up top. 2 kinds of Ptarmigan as well.
      Brian T

Comment

• We have been watching the horrid tsunami that hit the Indonesian islands.... after their earthquake. Those videos are a horror....with 1200 dead, and tons more coming, reports say major bodies litter the beaches. the real horror is the tsunami warning was canceled due to the fact that slip earthquakes do not cause tsunamis said the professionals. Of course, tons of blame and shame has been drowning out facts... I have hopes this event major changes our tsunami warnings and become proactive. The weather here is outrageous soggy muggy weather and still hot with no or little wind. I am soaking wet all the time...yuk. We have another hurricane getting ready to turn into a 5 cat hanging outside the islands but this one is supposed to miss us. I will be happy when the cold weather comes in...it has been a horrid summer. As someone told me ...this humidity is killing me...I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by lionslair View Post
          Caution is needed - you are in Hawaii and they 'roast' pigs in pits! Don't let it slip out in public.
          LOL ...agree ...I wont say a word.....

Comment

• More and more gloomy all day from a sunny morning. You guessed it = started wet snow at 4PM now nearly 5PM PST. Piling up in my spruce trees.
            Brian T

Comment

• Looks like the monsoon is over - I have ground that I sink into. My tractor is up to it's hubs. Got the front out, but the back is still seated. I was mowing the wet grass when a storm was expected to last for days. Gone for the week before and playing catch-up. Grass tall enough to see it and not the standing water. I moved over a row and the 56" mower behind dove into the dirt, jerked me backwards before I could take my foot off the forward and slide the mower up into the air - the four wheels with farm/ranch wheels dug holes. Front is out and the mower is off. Waiting to dry out a bit more - takes days - Then try to drive out. Have the front end up on 16" wide oak boards and 4x4's to walk up on. Where is the "Sky Hook" when I need one. Might have to call a big tractor in. Rats. A spot that never gave me trouble before. Now I have to look into the drainage again. Work done putting in a slab of cement brought more water in their tire tracks of a skip loader and cement truck. At least fall is coming and it will be cooler to work outside. Taking wood time away from me!

Comment

• For the first time in my memory here, we have black bears crapping on lawns and busting fences the last 48 hours.
                No useful denning sites here >>> move along. I worry about the village little kids.
                40 miles up the Holmes River valley is almost into the next province of Alberta. Nice place to drop them off.

Partner in the city had a sow with 2 cubs in her back yard until the dog went out for a pee.
                Then the good Mrs Hyde suddenly became Dr Jeckyll.
                The bears could hardly climb the fence fast enough to get away.
                Alice, the dog, has zero tolerance for intruders of any size.
                Brian T

Comment

• October and it is still hot and humid summer down here. Bears are on the move everywhere. We have black bears that come out of the Mobile-Tensaw Delta in to nearby towns. Someone got this picture of one swimming the top of Mobile Bay.

images.jpg
                  Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

• Must be day-length that really sets them all off = independent of precip and temps.

Started snowing at 4PM yesterday and quit some time in the night.
                    Further east in the Rockies, Jasper took a big hit, all the way south to Banff and 6" in Calgary.

The greater discouragement is that the bushes still have most of their leaves.
                    Brian T

Comment

• great-white-shark-bought-dreamstime2.jpg

We do not have bears here.....just sharks that kill people. I have been told that they like white meat better than dark meat....so I only go into water where I can see the bottom,
                      Last edited by Dileon; 10-02-2018, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• My brother has been a scuba diver for half a century. His greatest worry are the aggressive Moray Eels.
                        I like to eat shark. Was called "flake" in Melbourne. Do people in wet suits look like seals?
                        Brian T

Comment

• Originally posted by lionslair View Post
                          Caution is needed - you are in Hawaii and they 'roast' pigs in pits! Don't let it slip out in public.
                          And don't say a word about "two fingered poi"...
                          Arthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Robson Valley View Post
                            My brother has been a scuba diver for half a century. His greatest worry are the aggressive Moray Eels.
                            I like to eat shark. Was called "flake" in Melbourne. Do people in wet suits look like seals?
                            Actually, they like people on surfboards
                            ...they say it is because they look like turtles on the surface of the water.

Comment

• Ugh! Gawd! I can't imagine that trying to take a bite out of a big sea turtle is a gourmet shark supper.

On a surf board, people in wet suits would look still look like gigantic seals = what a feast! Soft on the outside and crunchy in the middle.
                              Bears up here have the same train of thought.

Weather: was out for groceries today, man, but was it breezy chilly. East of the Rockies really got hammered with snow. Like a foot+.
                              All kinds of crops yet in the fields and buried.

I used to hunt Canada geese in snow covered pea fields. Felt sorry for the farmer & family.
                              Gave him my bag limit and claimed I had more.
                              Brian T

Comment

• I used to do a great amount of skin diving towing a car wheel inter-tube with a board inside tied through holes. Lunch and drinks inside. Orange helped clean the mouth out. We always swam with sharks but they were well fed. Tigers and Whites kill for fun. They are dangerous. Never had either kind on Kwajalein. The various eels were always tricky and barracuda. The eels often under coral heads and in 'holes'. barracuda under the pier. due to plenty of food around there from fishermen and lunch boxes. (no fisherlady's)! The best Big Sea Turtle story was the Hawaiians and Philippines workers for the construction company got together and got 3/4" nylon line 1/2" steel chain leader and a 1/2" shank diameter hook and went fishing. They got the Turtle, but it almost got the Jeep! The jeep was sliding until it hit a concrete curb. They ate Turtle every weekend for a long time. More than 50 years ago. Glad I don't have Bears, just bobcats, deer and people.

Comment

Working...
                                X