X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian T
    started a topic Your Weather Today

Your Weather Today

38C/98F with a smokey orange sun and no breeze. Visibility maybe 1 mile in smoke, the mountains are gone.
    Local wild fires are blowing up very fast, the local fire ban even stops welders.
    I can see fire ash on my brand new balcony railing = frizzled black bits of pine and spruce needles.

Let me try to show you a clear day:

• rjrsky
    replied
    We missed this in middle Tennessee. In west Tennessee they got 4-6 inches of snow. It is 37 today. Low will be 26.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    Originally posted by Tinwood View Post

So.... "winner, winner, chicken dinner"??

Tinwood
    More like the fresh catch of day at McDonalds and its free.

Leave a comment:

• Tinwood
    replied
    Originally posted by Dileon View Post
    55f214061700009a01569ec0.jpegtakes them up to McDonalds parking lot with lots of chickens, people feed them french fries......and lets the dog get the chicken and then he goes home
    So.... "winner, winner, chicken dinner"??

Tinwood

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    55f214061700009a01569ec0.jpegonly thing flying is these darn things.....they start making noise at 2 AM.....all up in the trees. Against the law to shoot feral chickens..... unless they are in your yard. I do know this one guy has some bird dogs....takes them up to McDonalds parking lot with lots of chickens, people feed them french fries......and lets the dog get the chicken and then he goes home...... 73 degrees and sunny.....love this cool weather!
    Last edited by Dileon; 11-13-2018, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    Go get 'em, tbox! If it flies, it dies. I so look forward to bird season even after many, many decades.

Might have been 6" on the ground up top, snowshoes would have been a bother. Too much climbing.
    The Ptarmigan are so white, all you can see is a pair of little black beady eyes.
    Today is BIG S wind and intermittent power failures, just 2 at my place.

Leave a comment:

• tbox61
    replied
    Originally posted by Robson Valley View Post
    The End. We got up top for a bit of a shoot roday = Ruffed grouse and ptarmigan in -5C, S wind, sunny.
    Great supper and a fine end to the bird season.
    Very cool! Our upland bird season, (pheasants and quail), in Kansas just opened on Saturday.

In the last 3 weeks, we have already had more snow here that we have had in the last two years! Makes the bird hunting wonderful

Cold and clear here today...5F this morning, and we are heading to a high of 33F by this afternoon!

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Yesterday the high was (76) and we had 2 3/4 inches of rain at the house. We have had our high for today ( 53 ) and 20 mph winds with cold rain, dropping to mid 40's by early afternoon. It will be a 30 swing in a day. That is hard on old bones !!!!!! I have seen it change 30 degrees in a few hours when I live in the Texas panhandle But I was much younger then.

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    The End. We got up top for a bit of a shoot roday = Ruffed grouse and ptarmigan in -5C, S wind, sunny.
    Great supper and a fine end to the bird season.

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    Wet snow (heavy stuff) most of yesterday and last night, maybe 8" deep.
    Just warmed up enopugh this morning to slowly melt. Good hunting day = all tracks are fresh.

I've had some very large spring puddles before the drains thaw but nothing like Dileon's mess.
    Why do people keep driving into that, deeper and deeper, until their car dies and they are stranded?

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    It is raining hard, but the wood studio is dry, due the massive cleaning of drainage areas and making a few new ones last flooding early this year. Inside the house it is like camping out in a massive rain storm...the humidity must be in the middle 90 percent. I do have two areas inside the house that are leaking due to the heavy rain....which I call pouring buckets. I never leave the house when its raining like this because I know I am trapped due to the roads flash flooding, that four areas go under water. This time it was so heavy .... People got trap in their cars and needed rescue. As the young woman reported...."The water was coming up to the windshield and the car started stiffening up and my brakes didn't work, steering wheel didn't work and the car eventually gave out so I was just floating in the water," Brooke Hall said. "At one point I started floating backward and I got stuck with a log behind the wheel and then the fire department came and rescued. ."The highway was shut down in both directions because of the flooding. Honolulu firefighters say three cars were trapped and destroyed..... because of the rapid rush of water.

Due to the ocean heating up, the direction of storms that normally miss us by passing south of us,.... are now heading direct into us. Making us a target for major storms and hurricanes as we saw this year. Top that off with the volcano worries of blowing up....yes it has been a really bad, bad year. Floods twice with over 51 inches....both major records....looks like we really need to up the security of our homes and prepare for a new normal? This means beefing up my storm shelter. More honey do list, with no honey....LOL

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied
    Trouble in paradise...seems you have had more than a fair share of Mother Nature's ire this year, Di!

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    It is flash flooding the roads are closed again,.....this is becoming the new normal lately.....And get this one....my neighbor the drug addict is outside weed wacking his yard in this mess. What a world!14222441_BG2.jpg
    Last edited by Dileon; 11-09-2018, 02:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    Carving day here. -2C BIg S wind and BIG snow. Highways "compact and slippery" for hundreds of miles in every direction.
    Oh well. Hi - Ho, Hi - Ho, it's 4 x 4 we go.

Leave a comment:

• Gypsy31
    replied
    Great Spring type weather in Chula Vista Southern California, last
    two weeks and today weather has been 80 and 70 .
    Oscar

Leave a comment:

Working...
X