Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squbrigg
    replied
    Maybe he wants to learn to carve Paul! Checking out the carving shop was my first hint!!! LOL Hope he behaves.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• jimp
    replied
    That would be neat to see!
    I have seen bears here on our farm, but I have never been fortunate enough to get a decent picture.
    Thanks for sharing that one.

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied
    That is quite a big bear!

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    What's mine is mine. What's yours is also mine. What ever is lying around is also mine.
    I'm looking at the thighs on the back legs. I agree = big bear.

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    Wow ...thanks for the pic!

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    started a topic Hoopin Holler Visitor

Hoopin Holler Visitor

For WCI.JPG Sunnie called at 8:45 to tell me that we had a visitor wandering along the edge of the woods north and west of the house. She managed to get a few pics as I ran for the window.

I have seen quite a few bear in my Ranger career. The visitor was among the largest black bears I have seen. Judging from the height of the bear in relation to the power pole says he was somewhere around 4+' at the shoulder.

He wandered along the edge of the woods and up to my carving shop ~ about 15 yards from the house. I had camera ready hoping he would go along the back of my shop and I could get a photo as he exited. He walked around back and apparently went up into the woods. Sunnie did get this photo with her Iphone. At this point the bear is about 100 yards from her home.

We know that a large sow lives up at the end of the Hollow and that she has a couple of cubs each year. But, the size of this bear, ~ the fact that it was alone, ~ that he was wandering in the open, ~ that it was so close to the houses, ~ leads me to believe that it's a boar wandering cross country. He carefully examined my carving shop door. I think, had there been food smell, I would be putting new doors on there.

Working...
X