Completed the task.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completed the task.

Will I have done it. For months I have talked about cleaning out the shop and would start and then get side tracked to some other project or honey do. Saturday I told the family I will do nothing more until tell the shop is done. Today it almost looks like it did when I first set it up. Everything is organized and clean. With luck it will look this good for the rest of the week. That is because I will not be back in it until Friday. It has been bit like Christmas, finding some of those things I have been asking myself.( what in the H---I did with that) for most of the year. Sold a two pieces of equipment I did not use which gave me bit more space and the funds for some new tools I want. A productive 4 days.
    BEST WISHES TO ALL ON THANKSGIVING!!
    Randy
    We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
    https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

I'm cleaning and rearranging my workshop (non-carving), too. Not only am I finding stuff I haven't seen in years, but I'm discovering things that I don't even remember having, some brand new, and stuff I've bought replacements for and now have in duplicate! Is it ever nice to need something and actually be able to go right to it! I kinda like it, may keep it organized in spite of my tendency to throw stuff on the workbench intending to put it away later.
    Arthur

Comment

I hope you will be able to find everything!
      Oscar

Comment

My main bench is 32" x 96". It is now covered with 1/2 baked and 1/2 finished carvings and blade work.
        I have a long list. Almost discouraging.
        But my intention for this winter is to knock those off, one at a time to make some bench space for more of the same!
        Brian T

Comment

Originally posted by Robson Valley View Post
          My main bench is 32" x 96". It is now covered with 1/2 baked and 1/2 finished carvings and blade work.
          I have a long list. Almost discouraging.
          But my intention for this winter is to knock those off, one at a time to make some bench space for more of the same!
          Know what you mean, Brian! I have a To Do List, a Secondary To Do List, and a Want to Do list...and their priority is in that order. No chance of running out of things to do in retirement; my wife thinks up stuff for me to do/fix/make faster than I can whip them out (at my leisurely pace).

By the way, just what are 1/2 baked carvings? Sort of like my half baked ideas?
          Arthur

Comment

1/2 baked are the results of 5 lb lumps of clay. I bought 2 sets of clay carving tools from an estate.
            Then I had this cosmic idea that I'd buy some clay to go with them.. . . . . . but I didn't see anything too clearly in the clay.
            No kiln for the other half of the baking.

Just like the pieces (40 lbs and 25 lbs) of Brazilian soapstone sitting outside my basement door!
            The plan (?) is to carve some Inuit "kudlik" = soapstone lamp/cookers.
            But first, I have to rig up some sort of a miter box to slab the stone lumps.
            Handsaw will do, I could carve with a screwdriver.
            Brian T

Comment

I adopted a 5 year policy this last winter- If we haven't touched i in the last five years, out it goes. Sold, donated, dumped. I managed to apply it to the Man cave in the garage and more recently to the man cave in the basement too. I've started seeing floor I haven't seen in a decade. I can actually swing my arms in both areas and not bugger my knuckle on something. Its a good feeling.
              Buffalo Bif
              www.bflobif.com

Comment

You Guys have a lot of Ambition and use a lot of Energy to clean up your Shops , but me I save my Energy and clean my shop 1 or 2 times a year. I open the Windows and put on my Face Mask , turn on my Compressor and Blow out the Saw Dust. Oh! did I mention nothing gets Rusty in my shop. Ha,Ha. I do like to Vacuum before I do any Painting. Have a Great Thanksgiving Guys. Merle

Comment

Pam made sure that I at least get all the dust cleaned out of my room before thanksgiving guest showed up. Didn't do much rearranging, like of like muscle memory, things have been in the same place for so long it is easy to find what I'm looking for.....most of the time
                  . . .JoeB

Comment

I'm trying to talk my self in doing the same. My shop is 30x30. A lot of Mil Spec stuff and wood and metal machines. Selling (hope) my Plasma table and stuff. I have a table to go in it's place. And it is wood working near some of my other machines. Shop clean out is in order, After I had it full for my wants and needs and had room - moved two 17' U-hauls of My Dads shop into it. Now it is stuffed. hard to work there. Mostly working near my office in a work room. And one thing we decided to do is to make a booklet (metal bindings) of where our stuff for Christmas and all of the other times we have to move out and move in 'Foo Foo' as I teas her from time to time. She and I are completing some of the lists and updating our data bases. So much to do.

Comment

Later reply ....cause I know I have to major clean the shop for the next project....and choosing not to look at it now!!!!LOL I am trying but no go yet..... think I got rats in one wood stack that also have to be restacked. YUK I hate rats....
                      . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Working...
                      X