Where Do You Live?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Do You Live?

I can't remember if I ever posted a picture of my village. The freezing level is about 1/2 way down, today.
    That's the Fraser River = biggest salmon river on earth.
    My house is in the right edge (north), behind the bushes and trees!
    Karen Pic.jpg
    Brian T

Hi Brian
    That is a beautiful photo of your neck of the woods, I will have to show it to my neighbor he worked at a sawmill in Mcbride in mid 70's, do you still have Scotiabank there LOL
    Bruce

Comment

I like it here because there's just about every service needed and the really excellent carving wood is almost free.
      First rule here is never to forget to look up and the scenery (if it isn't cloudy!) My grape vines are doing well.
      Yes, Highway 16 has been paved.

ScotiaBank is still at Main St & 3rd Ave = 1.5 blocks S of my house.
      The Bank of Montreal is gone, so is the Esso and the Chevron.
      Brian T

Comment

wow, that is a spectacular view for anytime of day. what town is that there? i think i will google map it .
        Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

That's the village of McBride, BC. @ 53N where I live. You're looking south west across the valley to the cold side.
          Still lots of glaciers hanging up there. Stuff like that. That range cuts about an hour off the day length in the afternoons at my house.
          There's a few peaks north and behind me that might go 9,000'. Mt Robson is an hour east , about 12,900+'
          Brian T

Comment

mt robson, ha, i keep forgetting that your name isnt robson.... one of those days.
            absolutely beautiful scenery there . gorgeous.
            Denny

Comment

google maps does a pretty good job of touring there.
              Denny

Comment

I live in Ontario Canada . Here are some pictures
                Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 12-17-2018, 04:18 PM.

Comment

For some reason I couldn’t comment on my pictures nor will they all show up. There’s one picture of me skating on a 2 kilometre skating path through the woods and one of a sunset I took last night. We live near menninites so I have a few pictures of them with their horse and buggies.
                  Canada is awesome !

Comment

I like Ontario autumn pictures. Hard to believe the tree leaf color.
                    You have all kinds of lakes, here just a muddy river bank or a swamp.
                    Here, they go yellow then they are dead brown.
                    I live in the ICH so all the conifers (cedar/spruce/pine/hemlock/etc) stay grass-green all winter.

I tried over and over again to erase my old name and use Brian T instead.
                    I've been able to do that in other forums but not here. Must have the bolts done up too tight in WCI.
                    Brian T

Comment

I am not sure how you can use one picture to represent Mobile Al area. There are great parks and gardens and the sun rises and sun sets across Mobile Bay. There are the gaiter filled waters of the Mobile Delta and the Oak covered street with old southern homes. There are the ships coming and going from the port of Mobile to ports all over the world, along with large ship building docks. We enjoy the gulf coast beaches just to our south with thousands of acres of agriculture surrounding the county. There is would class fresh and salt water fishing. Much more could be added to the list. I had never really put it all together tell I started weighting this. I’m impressed. The summer heat and Hurricanes and it dulls the bite picture I was painting but still not a bad place to be.
                      Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!.... thanks, did not know you thought so much of the Canadian Military
                        ~ Dwight
                        "Hello, I am the Friggin' Happiness Fairy and I just sprinkled happy dust on you, so smile damit' this crap is expensive."

Comment

Dwight: how is the Canadian Military connected to this?
                          Show us a picture of where you live. CFB Moose Jaw?
                          Brian T

Comment

These are great pictures, especially if you grew in SE CO. I don't have any pictures of where we live now, but it is nice, not as nice as yours.
                            . . .JoeB

Comment

When I was in grade school a Canadian Air Force Col lived across the street for 3-4 years as he and his group went through Missile and Radar school. I have his brass buckle and leather belt that was old and given to me for my tool belt at the time. The family and his were friends. Then every war we were involved the Canadians were there. Even without war the Canadian Embassy saved many American Embassy members when IRAN fell into the hands that are there now. I know the South East Pacific brothers in arms also. As a teen, those 'down under' would come and play games in the big ocean with ships and planes. Our island was the mid Pacific refueling station. They have Boxing day on our Thanksgiving. Such is life. Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X