No announcement yet.

Where Do You Live?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hoping to see what's around you. Pictures. Orchards, Industries, deserts water, all those things.

This is my playground. Been up here a hundred times and I'm not bragging.
    Might be 30 minutes from the house. Less if you don't care about the potholes in the logging road.

HolmesI.jpg

Brian T

Comment

Here are a couple of pictures of my front yard from about the middle of the front to the gate-way from the long driveway from the highway. We have 5+ acres (US) 2+ Hectares
      These are 10 years old - found them in our 'flower' pictures. These are storm pictures. First is a light snow storm in November of 08, the other two were after a summer storm when we lost
      our Catalpa (good carving and fishing 'worm' tree. Tent type) and others way in the back. The road is my driveway and flooded over in several places with limbs and leaves everywhere.
      The large tree on the right in the first lawn pictures is now a short stump. It fell in another storm. The sister to it across the yard fell the day we drove in - night before the big truck came. I had chain saws and gas in the Uhaul I drove in with much of my tools and other stuff the Van would not carry. The 17' was nearly full and the 80' was stuffed. The back has changed a lot since we move here as has the side yard to the right of the pictures and I suppose the left yard as well. Martin

Comment

Thanks Martin. Very easy on the eyes, damage and all.
        Brian T

Comment

I live along the Miramichi River, in the city of Miramichi. It has a nice climate, four seasons and a quite place to live and raise kids. It is located in the North East region of New Brunswick, here in Canada, and no better place to live exists. Shopping could be better, but we are only an hour and a half from a good size city that has everything you could ask for. Good fishing, hunting, boating, and scenery.

Bob
          Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

The images below are from my town. The falls are a block and a half south from me. The lake is 2 blocks wesr and the cliffs are 11/2 blocks south east. I live in an area called the Kawartha Lakes in a town that is part of the Trent Severn Waterway.

Yes I served member of RCR SSF, Airborne, United Nations, Ace Mobile Force, UNCYP, CPSM
            Last edited by Dwight; 12-18-2018, 09:03 AM.
            ~ Dwight
            "Hello, I am the Friggin' Happiness Fairy and I just sprinkled happy dust on you, so smile damit' this crap is expensive."

Comment

Originally posted by Robson Valley View Post
              I like Ontario autumn pictures. Hard to believe the tree leaf color.
              You have all kinds of lakes, here just a muddy river bank or a swamp.
              Here, they go yellow then they are dead brown.
              I live in the ICH so all the conifers (cedar/spruce/pine/hemlock/etc) stay grass-green all winter.

I tried over and over again to erase my old name and use Brian T instead.
              I've been able to do that in other forums but not here. Must have the bolts done up too tight in WCI.
              Yes we get so many beautiful colours. The pics I got this autumn were really nice.
              We live close to Lake Simcoe but also not far from Lake Ontario, Lake Huron ( Georgian Bay ) and some other smaller lakes. We live in what is referred to as vacation land . There are plenty of small lakes and rivers for fishing & swimming. Plenty of great hiking trails to explore cause I love walking and walk all the time.

Your area looks really picturesque. I’ve been out that way a few times and really love it. The mountainous scenery is majestic and beautifully inspiring.

Its good to love where you live.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
                The images below are from my town. The falls are a block and a half south from me. The lake is 2 blocks wesr and the cliffs are 11/2 blocks south east. I live in an area called the Kawartha Lakes in a town that is part of the Trent Severn Waterway.

Yes I served member of RCR SSF, United Nations, Ace Mobile Force, UNCYP, PKSM
                You’re not that far from us. That’s a beautiful part of Ontario also. My husband served in the Canadian Military for 7 years.

Comment

I live in Whooping Hollow, near Dog Branch, in the Ozarks of NW Arkansas, across Table Rock Lake from Branson, Missouri. The Hollow is horseshoe shaped with the only two entrances controlled by us. The so called "County Road" is really more of a dirt track and ends in our front yard. We are a mile off of Hwy 412, and 18 miles from the nearest shopping (Harrison, Arkansas). The house is on the side of a mountain and no civilization is in view Porch View 2.jpg as we look over the Hollow and about 6 miles to the east. The road enters from the north and the nearest neighbor is a quarter mile through the woods. isolation'.JPG

Site 4.jpg The house took the Contractor and I four years to build.

The kitchen-Dining-Living Room is over haff of the house. Carving Station overview.JPGIMG_0153.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritwolfe View Post

Yes we get so many beautiful colours. The pics I got this autumn were really nice.
                    We live close to Lake Simcoe but also not far from Lake Ontario, Lake Huron ( Georgian Bay ) and some other smaller lakes. We live in what is referred to as vacation land . There are plenty of small lakes and rivers for fishing & swimming. Plenty of great hiking trails to explore cause I love walking and walk all the time.

Your area looks really picturesque. I’ve been out that way a few times and really love it. The mountainous scenery is majestic and beautifully inspiring.

Its good to love where you live.
                    Nikki, you must be very close to me. Your description of where you are could describe where I am.

Comment

I live in Blackfoot, ID, a high planes desert with the Snake River snaking it's way through. I have no pictures. We have lava rock and sage brush around a lot of farms. Barley for the two malt plants north of us, and the famous Idaho potatoes. We are in driving range of mountains, being part of the Rocky Mountains, close to ski areas and great fishing. 25 miles either way is more shopping than the average person ever needs.

Comment

I live in Central Kansas...Great Bend to be exact. This is 35 miles from where I grew up which was Russell, Kansas, home of Bob Dole and Arlen Specter. If you threw a dart at Kansas and it hit the exact middle, that's where we would be...5 1/2 hours from Kansas City, and 6 hours from Denver.

I love the area where Robson lives, mountains and trees! Kansas is an acquired taste. Major business in our area is oil and agriculture. Almost any crop you see on the Board of Trade is grown here, including cotton...lots of cattle and cattle feeding operations, too.

I also envy Paul's territory, as trees are at kind of a premium here. We were in Branson in early November, and the colors were spectacular!

We are also an outdoorsman's paradise...lots of hunting and fishing opportunities within a short drive!

Comment

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Brian you live in Wonderland! Before
                          we moved back to world of cars and people in Chula Vista,California, we used
                          to live in a similar area in Oregon, thank all of you tha shared your 'wonderland'!
                          Oscar

Comment

Just what I hoped for = all these places are so different. They all look so easy on the eyes.
                            Sappy: I can do lava and sage brush. On down HWY 97 to Ashcroft & Cache Creek.
                            The Okanagan valley is the northern-most extension of the great American SW desert systems.
                            Keep it coming.
                            Brian T

Comment

Thirty minutes from one of the seven wonders. We don't get there as often as we should.

Comment

Home for me is Beaverton, Oregon, USA, just west of Portland. We orrig-onions tend to brag too much about our state's natural beauty, so I won't bore you with photos. But our braggadoccio is justified -- perhaps we can be forgiven.

Comment

Working...
                                X