Another use for basswood...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another use for basswood...

I am a frustrated guitar player...I started playing when I was in 5th grade, and ended up with a private teacher that couldn't teach at my level, we both got frustrated and I quit. Mom sold my guitar, and I have always yearned to learn to play.

My lovely wife surprised me with a late Christmas present last weekend. A new Fender Concert size Acoustic/Electric guitar, with...wait for it...a BASSWOOD body! It is really a nice instrument, and I can't wait to start learning again.

One of my bank customers gives lessons, and I am going to start next week. He says he can have me playing a song in a week! I figured that just because I am 57 years old, it is never too late to learn something if you really want to!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tbox61; 01-09-2019, 04:13 PM.

Hi Tim
    If your new guitar sounds as nice as it looks you will be playing before you know it, I want your first CD
    Bruce

Comment

Very nice Tbox. You already have a moustache so you should be able to carve a face to fill out the rest of the guitar. Then it will really be something.

Tom
      If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Go get em' Tbox!

Comment

Originally posted by tbox61 View Post
          I am a frustrated guitar player...I started playing when I was in 5th grade, and ended up with a private teacher that couldn't teach at my level, we both got frustrated and I quit. Mom sold my guitar, and I have always yearned to learn to play.

My lovely wife surprised me with a late Christmas present last weekend. A new Fender Concert size Acoustic/Electric guitar, with...wait for it...a BASSWOOD body! It is really a nice instrument, and I can't wait to start learning again.

One of my bank customers gives lessons, and I am going to start next week. He says he can have me playing a song in a week! I figured that just because I am 57 years old, it is never too late to learn something if you really want to!
          Excuse me! We are the same age and I am 57 years young. Now I am starting to learn how to carve.

Comment

Heck, it looks like it is begging for some pyrography. Enjoy it!
            Bill
            Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

OH, don't touch that Fender with anything but a pick. Good thing your getting started before the finger go stiff on you
              . . .JoeB

Comment

Go for it, tbox! I'm 77 and I love learning new things. You're never too old if you have the spirit...well, assuming arthritic joints cooperate.
                Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Ellis View Post
                  Very nice Tbox. You already have a moustache so you should be able to carve a face to fill out the rest of the guitar. Then it will really be something.

Tom
                  That's funny! I never noticed it looked like a moustache!

Comment

Originally posted by David H View Post

Excuse me! We are the same age and I am 57 years young. Now I am starting to learn how to carve.
                    You are correct...57 years young!

Comment

If I'm not mistaken Tim, I think they call it a moustache bridge. Learn well, and have fun with it. Then you can play us all a little tune.
                      If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

I'm 86 and my problem is not learning but Remembering what I learned. Merle

Comment

Working...
                        X