Our tax dollars at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our tax dollars at work

Found this news article today: Scientists discover that flying squirrels glow bright pink under UV light

So happy we spent money on that.
    Buffalo Bif
    www.bflobif.com

The National Institute of Health funded studies looking at the drinking habits of college students for more than a decade. Helping young adults maintain healthy drinking habits is important, but the researchers drew some not-so-shocking conclusions: Greek life-affiliated students drink more than their peers, and college students, in general, drink more on game days Cost to the tax public....5 million. They love to throw away money.......some of the most ridiculous include study of duck genitals...... .

Comment

How about the tiny underwater treadmill to study the travel habits of shrimp...look that up...taxpayers spent almost $500,000 on that little gem of a study

Comment

I think the squirrel incident has nothing to do with taxes. The federal taxes you pay are used by the government to invest in technology and education and to provide goods and services for the benefit of the American people. From what I read, Social Security is the single most oversized mandatory spending item, taking up 38% or nearly $1,050 billion of the $2,736 billion total. The following most significant expenditures are Medicare and Income Security, with the remaining Medicaid, Veterans Benefits, and other programs.
        Last edited by Claude; 07-17-2021, 10:47 AM. Reason: removed non-woodcarving link

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bif View Post
          Found this news article today: Scientists discover that flying squirrels glow bright pink under UV light

So happy we spent money on that.
          I don't see where that article said it was sponsored or paid for with our, or any, tax dollars. It actually says it was discovered by accident.
          Last edited by jjmg; 07-13-2021, 09:23 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

Working...
          X