• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont like the weather?

just wait a minute.

I got to ride my bicycle for a bit last Thursday. Today its snowing
    Buffalo Bif
    www.bflobif.com

Sounds like Buffalo. We had sunshine here for a change. Hoping it's the end of snow. Saw my first robin in the yard last Saturday.
    Terry

Comment

Weather is dry finally, mostly in the 70s.....time to get ready for summer hurricanes...try to get things done before the season starts in June. It is beautifully clear outside....it is wonderful to have no volcano ash in the air...first time in 40 years.....the vog in the air looks just like smog. Can tell spring is in the air....monarch butterflies are major in the flowers this year. Main issue is the darn feral rooster are flying into the yard this year....had a great strawberry patch.....had was the word. Looks like I am going have to get out the ninja stars and do some target practice.....Darn cats will not mess with the roosters which are bigger than they are..... Right now I am blasting them out the yard with rocks and the water hose...which has little effect.
      . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Originally posted by Dileon View Post
        Weather is dry finally, mostly in the 70s.....time to get ready for summer hurricanes...try to get things done before the season starts in June. It is beautifully clear outside....it is wonderful to have no volcano ash in the air...first time in 40 years.....the vog in the air looks just like smog. Can tell spring is in the air....monarch butterflies are major in the flowers this year. Main issue is the darn feral rooster are flying into the yard this year....had a great strawberry patch.....had was the word. Looks like I am going have to get out the ninja stars and do some target practice.....Darn cats will not mess with the roosters which are bigger than they are..... Right now I am blasting them out the yard with rocks and the water hose...which has little effect.
        Feral Rooster ,,Hmmnn? Might taste great out of a roaster? ANd those darn things do and will chase ya too..
        C
        Chuck
        Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

Originally posted by NoDNA View Post

Feral Rooster ,,Hmmnn? Might taste great out of a roaster? ANd those darn things do and will chase ya too..
          C
          You should see me.....yelling and throwing bricks...darn crazy lady trying to kill the chickens...LOL I have yet to be chased.....we have the illegal chicken fights for gambling over here...I know they can be nasty if attacked,....I was thinking about the big one ....he may turn on me if I get to near. Di can not shoot the side of barn, but used to be a mean martial arts instructor in my younger years....I was really good with the stars and other weapons.....if I could run I use the machete. Darn arthritis....can barely walk....LOL
          . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Originally posted by Dileon View Post

You should see me.....yelling and throwing bricks...darn crazy lady trying to kill the chickens...LOL I have yet to be chased.....we have the illegal chicken fights for gambling over here...I know they can be nasty if attacked,....I was thinking about the big one ....he may turn on me if I get to near. Di can not shoot the side of barn, but used to be a mean martial arts instructor in my younger years....I was really good with the stars and other weapons.....if I could run I use the machete. Darn arthritis....can barely walk....LOL
            We had an old guy after death weighed 18 pounds. But our oldest son would go out to feed the pigs and chickens, That mean old thing would attack with vigor, spurs and all. One time I even hit it with a 1x2 and knocked the heck out it, told son go get a pan of hot water ,, HA that sucker was up like a shot. We let him go for a spell hoping he would die,, so son decided to go out with a big box with holes for head and arms,, well that rooster hit the box knocked him down and proceed to peck the heck out of son. ..That my friend was the end of rooster. Son came in the house got his 22 promptly went out and shot that thing..We had 3 very happy people in the family, Wife elder son and younger son..Hens???
            Chuck
            Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

Dirty windows, hard to see for the rock dust. Too late for any serious snow in the village. Time to watch for avalanches up top.
              There's a tremendous cornice that build up across the valley. House sized pieces break off.
              There is no clearer sign of spring than a little "instability" up top.
              49342380_2025559227533838_7053061393590779904_n.jpg
              Brian T

Comment

In Louisiana we have mid 80s, blue skies, just a beautiful spring day! Tomatoes are forming on the bushes, so will soon have to put nets over the plants to keep the birds off. Everything that hasn't bloomed is in full flower. azaleas, roses, lilies, new green everywhere, a lovely time of year here before the furnace of summertime.
                Arthur

Comment

Pretty picture Brian but those days for us are over. When we were in Alaska it was gorgeous but eventually, the cold got to us...same for Wyoming. Age has a way of doing that. Thanks for the great picture and nice to see...but.......
                  Bill
                  Living among knives and fire.

Comment

February here was brutal cold. I did get out to shop a few times but that was all.
                    Extra electric heater in my shop, radio on, sit and carve until the cat bugs me for tuna-time.

That picture was "before spring."
                    This picture is "after-spring."
                    My house in the village is behind the right hand bushes.
                    Our water comes off that ridge in the distance (SW)
                    Karen Pic.jpg
                    Brian T

Comment

Stunning view and location, Brian. Sure would be a great inspiration for landscape painting and a relaxing atmosphere for carving. We have longed to go back to Alaska but times have changed and now way too many people. We went down the ALCAN (1400 miles dirt) in June of 72 and it was a tough decision. I was going to UoA in Fairbanks but the pipeline worker influx just drove us out...couldn't afford it.

Your picture is sure a reminder of the beauty we saw on our way down and you are certainly very lucky and fortunate.
                      Bill
                      Living among knives and fire.

Comment

Yeah, places like this really and truely exist. End of September, early October and my grape crop ought to be ready to pick.
                        Brian T

Comment

Working...
                        X