Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painted mailboxes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Painted mailboxes

    Been painting mailboxes for a few neighbors.... a new experience. 53754235_10213765091670402_8995427050030366720_n.jpg
    . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

  • #2
    54525665_10213765157192040_7380050271881134080_n.jpgA neighbor child displays the sea turtles on the other side.
    . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

    Comment


    • #3
      Next project I am going to make a monkey pod table for the front patio.
      . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi Di, those are Beautiful . Something for the Mailman to enjoy. Probably wouldn't last around here , someone would walk off with it. Sure would dress up the Neighborhood . Another example of your many Talents. Merle

        Comment


        • #5
          What a fantasy. I'd like a big lunch box painted like that. Oh. I don't go to work any more. Darn, I forgot.
          Brian T

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi Dileon
            You sure make a mail box look great , In my neck of the woods you would have to paint the mail boxes with some snow on them
            Thanks for sharing
            Bruce

            Comment


            • #7
              Those are really neat, Di! this reminds me of my mother, who was an artist. In the 1950s there was a big fad of men wearing hand painted neckties, and she painted many personalized ties by commission. I think most people really like a unique piece made especially for them.
              Arthur

              Comment


              • #8
                They are really nice. In Florida they do the same thing.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Very nice paintings and an excellent idea...oils?
                  Bill
                  Living among knives and fire.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
                    Hi Di, those are Beautiful . Something for the Mailman to enjoy. Probably wouldn't last around here, someone would walk off with it. Sure would dress up the Neighborhood . Another example of your many Talents. Merle
                    I am waiting, here in the islands, if it is not cemented in, it will get stolen. Here is a very large statue in Kauai.....they stole his fishing sword over a ton in weight....how in the heck they got it

                    and took it down...no one knows how do to the weight of it.........stole Neptune's trident (which is still missing). . princeville.jpg
                    . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by woodburner807 View Post
                      Very nice paintings and an excellent idea...oils?
                      No it was sprayed with a matt Rust prevention primer and then acrylics which a new spray sealer that has UV protection on top. Oils take a good six months to dry, before sealing plus the cost of the paint is getting outrageous.....do to this being experimental....figure I do it cheap if she started popping paint....due to the outrageous sun here. We will see...how it goes.
                      . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Dileon View Post

                        No it was sprayed with a matt Rust prevention primer and then acrylics which a new spray sealer that has UV protection on top. Oils take a good six months to dry, before sealing plus the cost of the paint is getting outrageous.....do to this being experimental....figure I do it cheap if she started popping paint....due to the outrageous sun here. We will see...how it goes.
                        Very nice painting for using the acrylics. I do oil painting on canvas and found the blending was easier for me than acrylics. Yeah, takes forever to cure but not a problem for me, although getting old enough I might have to switch to acrylics. I don't buy green bananas either.
                        Bill
                        Living among knives and fire.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by woodburner807 View Post

                          Very nice painting for using the acrylics. I do oil painting on canvas and found the blending was easier for me than acrylics. Yeah, takes forever to cure but not a problem for me, although getting old enough I might have to switch to acrylics. I don't buy green bananas either.
                          I learned oils in college, in fact it was my major in art. I love them the way they blend, the outrageous great color and etc.....Acrylics you can dry super fast using a blow dryer and put on the next layer...but they are a different animal when it comes to apply the paint. I grow my own bananas....LOL....got three different kinds in the garden.....
                          . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            That is beautiful Di, Looks like you missed an opportunity for a little face painting to go with it. Tom
                            If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

                            www.spokanecarvers.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Tom Ellis View Post
                              That is beautiful Di, Looks like you missed an opportunity for a little face painting to go with it. Tom
                              The drawing had crabs running down the beach and boobie birds in the sky....owner wanted only nature no animals.... which ruined my composition plans..... I kept asking you sure no animals??? Yes, yes...no animals.... Would have look ten times better with the crabs and birds....oh well.....what ever...LOL
                              . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X