I've got the carver's withdrawal shakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got the carver's withdrawal shakes

We left home on the 27th of June to go to Eugene, Oregon to visit two of our married kids came home on 2nd of July, the kid for Dundee, Mi, came in on the 3rd of July & left this morning. What great time the last two weeks have been.

I have touched a piece of wood to do any carving and I've got to make some chips today, even it is just to go grab a limb and frail away on it.∙∙∙∙∙got to go
    . . .JoeB

Easy does it Joe. Just a few chips and you'll be OK again.
    Joe

Comment

It was a good afternoon
      . . .JoeB

Comment

I was carving in public when a lady approached, watched and finally asked, "Is woodcarving your hobby?" My answer, "No Ma'am, it's my addiction". Glad you are back with your addiction My Frien's.

Comment

you will recover after making a few chips Joe. I generally take a knife and some wood with me when I leave home to avoid withdrawal problems
          Herb

Comment

Sad but true, carving is like eating potato chips. You can't do just one! I understand Joe. I had to trade my shop apron for a nurse’s hat about 3 weeks ago while my wife recovered from so surgery. It has gone well thank god. But I will be glad to get back in the shop.

Comment

Hope all goes well with your wife Randy. Speedy recovery. JP....well, there is just no hope for you my friend. You've got termite fever and there is no cure. Cut some wood and you should be on the road to normalcy.....whatever the heck that's supposed to be!

Tinwood

Comment

It is working guys, can write my name now so that you can read it, just could seem to find time with the kids being around. Randy good to hear that your wife is doing better.
                . . .JoeB

Comment

You'll get over it soon, Joe. I know the feeling - you feel guilty sneaking off for a half hour of carving after they traveled all that way to see you... I felt the same way when granddaughter and her husband met us for a week at a timeshare.

Clude
                  My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Congrats on your recovery.
                    Terry

Comment

I feel it JPB - was doing ok - gearing up and practicing when I lost my sister that was so dear to me. Got there in time and afterwards with family there got food poisoning. Almost bought the farm as I was genetically attacked. Lost 40+ pounds in 3 days. Got home on a prayer. Now I feel almost as good or better at times as before. I haven't carved a bit. I'm pushing my self into catching up so much work on this 7 acres of grass and trees. Looks like I'll split the AM outside, afternoon carving, night photo shots of the 'stars' with a 4k camera. Awaiting this hurricane to vacate the region. Black sky now. Hope all in the path know of the water coming your way. To much. My corn patch is up and ready for more rain and the grass doesn't need any more. Wild flowers are about seen their year to seed out so those parts of the 'yard' will be mowed. Martin E

Comment

Glad to hear
                        . . .JoeB

Comment

Hopeful I can get back to carving soon also....major house issues, bone issues, and visitors kept me out of the studio.....including the rat nightmare in the woodpile. Got a cobra snake to carve in a longboard surfboard hopefully get it done this coming week....just praying nothing else happens so I can get it done. My life is comparable to Martins the last months....and the pros saying we are going to have a really bad hurricane season this year in the pacific....yiks!!!.... preparedness for major storms is not fun. I feel for you ....yea I got an addiction to art....it is a major stress relief agent.

Comment

Might keep the carving of the cobra around for a while, might chase the rats away. I hope you're able to get back to your art. Thankfully, my interruptions were all enjoyable, not health-related
                            . . .JoeB

Comment

Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
                              Might keep the carving of the cobra around for a while, might chase the rats away. I hope you're able to get back to your art. Thankfully, my interruptions were all enjoyable, not health-related
                              As I have learned fast ....in Hawaii we have no snakes....so the animals do not what one looks like, therefore not scared of them. I remember we had a bird issue in one of the large trees that I worked at.....they bought rubber snakes to hang in the trees to scare the birds...next day all the birds where on the snakes sitting.....then they get another idea....put fake owls in the trees that did not work either....they tried all kinds of things.....needless to say I told them in the mainland they take rifles and scare them out....they were not to happy about that suggestion. In end they cut down that tree.....sadly. ....but I had a good laugh about the rubber snakes..... if you do not know it will eat you, go sit on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X