Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 mass shootings in about 12 hours. El Paso and Dayton.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 mass shootings in about 12 hours. El Paso and Dayton.

Yesterday at breakfast my friend and I were discussing this very topic. My wife and I were on our way to a flea market later in the day, and I commented that in the old days we wouldn't have given a second thought to being shot there. Now a days the thought is there before I go, but quickly disappeared as I enjoyed my time hunting for old pocket knives.

Seems to me that we are witnessing the effect of taking God out of society. Now we have too many people who consider themselves as god almighy and get to decide who lives and who dies. It's disgusting.

Every day too many people are gunned down in this country. I'm no anti-gun zealot, but sometimes I wish something would be done to help prevent this. Don't know what tho. Except to call people back to the Lord from their youth I don't know what stops it.

I guess I'm just expressing sorrow for 29 killed and dozens injured because of 2 evil people. Thank God for the police and first responders who put their lives on the line every day.
    U.S.
    Carving since 2017

Unclescott, I believe it begins with family values and how we raise our children right from birth. Prayer, Allegiance to the flag, respect, morals and family values have all been lost in this country. Parents today don;t raise their children the way we were brought up. If today's parents would raise their children the same way our parents raised us in due time I'm sure a lot of these problems would start to disappear.
    Keep On Carvin'
    Bob K.

My Etsy page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/rwkwoodcarving

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

I agree with Unclescott and Bob K, but some people are just plain nuts regardless of other factors...I don't know how we keep the crackpots away from guns, bombs, etc., but the more mass killings we see, the more the nuts follow the example, whereas they probably wouldn't even think of it on their own. Sad cycle of violence.
      Arthur

Comment

Actually, our laws need to change. Many people are mentally ill, very capable of killing other people yet....most police dept knows who these people are. In the old days, people like this ran out of town or shot. Today they have human rights and until they kill nothing is done about them. When I was out there ...I watched people go from some kind of humanity of integrity and morals...today that is almost gone. Schools are given rights to all people...criminal and otherwise... When I was in school these people were not allowed in school because of disruption....today it is no child left behind....thus we have school shooting. It is ok to do crimes ..tons of them and yet has more rights than the average person. Violence on tv is about 80 percent of the shows...when you show the masses violence you get violence on the streets. One person kills a bunch of people and people are like sheep ...next thing you know it has become so normal today that many shootings are not even in the media today....they rather talk about the latest bad thing that Trump has said. Where are the priorities? I say it is not the kids being raised wrong it is the whole country that has no idea that what they watch, say.....ends up with things like this. They have trashed the good and replaced it with hiding in games, hiding behind their phones, no one knows how to communicate. I remember one saying came from the terrorist organization....We do not have to worry about the Americans they will kill each other, we do not have to anything. Death by cop is a big thing, ....suicide might as well take out some of the population as you kill yourself....is a normal thing. Our culture has been shredded to pieces by I hate this.... groups and people....someone gave them a voice and they won. What is on the media today...is a mass attack on us as people....but people listen to the nonstop lies, hate....and this is where it has taken us. There are people out there that have no souls, they are walking time bombs....you know who they are,... because the hairs on your arms and neck will raise up, I have even see children like this....and body says to run but you do not because we been trained that everyone is as good as next.....there are no monsters. It is a lie. Monsters are real and they kill others...been doing it since the bible days....when millions get there heads out of sand perhaps change will come.

Comment

I lived in Dayton, ....when I lived there....I lived in fear. Homicide in Dayton was 3rd in the nation. Of course, that was criminals crawling around the robbery of the house with weapons was a normal deal. ....no shock at all that they have gone to the mass shooting. When I a kid...they would find dead bodies in the field, had a few classmates in fact that found bodies. Left 37 years ago....the islands were somewhat safe....but not any more.....issues and world crime lay in our cities. The world started to change when we had the Xerox shooting here....today people are gating their homes.

Comment

Made this today, in memorial and honor. Redwood, walnut, and basswood with crimson stain.
            Carving since 2017

Comment

What a great testament
              . . .JoeB

Comment

I will gladly donate this if there is an artist's fund raiser for the victim's families. If you hear of one, please lmk. Thx.
                Carving since 2017

Comment

Sad day here in Dayton.

Comment

Sending my prayers to the victim, I just read an article a while ago that one of the victims is the sister of the gunman.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob K. View Post
                      Unclescott, I believe it begins with family values and how we raise our children right from birth. Prayer, Allegiance to the flag, respect, morals and family values have all been lost in this country. Parents today don;t raise their children the way we were brought up. If today's parents would raise their children the same way our parents raised us in due time I'm sure a lot of these problems would start to disappear.
                      Exactly! Unfortunately, you can't legislate against the evil in someone's heart. I teach gun safety, give shooting instruction and teach hunter safety...with that said, our family was not immune to this kind of violence. My brother in law murdered my wife's sister, and then took his own life. My wife and I raised our 4 nephews after that, and I was always sensitive to their potential issues with firearms as they grew older. All of them grew up loving the outdoors and turned into good sportsmen and hunters despite what happened to their mom...they knew it was an evil person, (their stepfather), that did this and not an inanimate object.

I do feel sad for everyone involved in the Ohio, California and Texas incidents.

Comment

I grew up in El Paso (del Norte) [ The pass to the North] from 2nd grade through 10th. I went through fisticuffs to knives to chains and knives to guns in 54-63 ish. I was also overseas in 63-65. But guns were for bandits and robbers. I also worked in California from 87 to 99. Yea back to Texas. California disbanded the State Hospitals for the insane. They put many of them on the street. Then sold the property for big money. The State went through a downsizing with concerned Governors but grew and spent like there was an ocean of money for their use when it went very liberal. Stole state insurance money (The Earth Quake money) and got into bed with insurance companies charging 100% matching gross pay for liability insurance for each employee in the state and that caused the melt down of Si Valley. Double your employee cost numbers over night. Now there are people living on the streets with no place to go or ways to get there. They trapped the poor and mental patents just like they do to create terrorists overseas. Send jobs overseas and then import workers to further deplete the decreased job market. Those coming can't replace all jobs and giving away insurance and benefits to them and not our own first is a crime. Off my soap Box - looks like nice wood to carve on!

Comment

Ok for my 2ยข. I think lots of this can be traced by to upbringing. & I shudder to think about this generation's children. I know I'm 80 years old, I just hope things change on the home front. โˆ™โˆ™โˆ™
                          . . .JoeB

Comment

Back in the Fleet I was advised by an Officer, that there are three things that are not discussed in the wardroom; SEX...POLITICS....and RELIGION. These days another has probably been added....GUN RIGHTS AND GUN CONTROL. Over the years and especially of late I've learned that this is an excellent policy to follow so as to keep friends and not make enemies.

Comment

We should look to WCI as an "affinity group" about woodcarving. If you want to discuss other matters find a another group.

Comment

Working...
                              X