More practiced needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More practiced needed

I know this is a carving site, but I'm always interested in a way to enhance my carvings.

More practice with the electric etching & experimenting with chain pull paint. OBT & Borax used in the electric etching. Got to do more work with the chain pull painting, found out I wasn't mixing the paint right
    Attached Files
    . . .JoeB

You sure come up with some interesting effects, Joe!
    Arthur

Comment

Sometimes it is just jomo, thanks for looking
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Never heard of chain pull painting and looked it up, Joe. Many youtube videos and it is an amazing technique and see limitless applications/uses. Your piece is very creative...please do some more. Thanks for posting it.
        Bill
        Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Like woodburner, I'd never heard of chain pull painting and had to go to YouTube to check it out. Very interesting but I'm not a painter although you JP, seem to have a knack for finding unusual things to try out. Very interesting piece you've got there. Always enjoy learning something new. Thanks.

Tinwood

Comment

Interesting Joe, I'd like to see more.
            Herb

Comment

Hi Joe , don't know how you did it but turned out Very interesting Merle

Comment

Tinwood, Thank you, If something catches my eye, I got to try it

Herb, Thank you, you will, in the process of rebuilding my eclectic etching set up, got three transformers now, and want to got to just three leads to cut down on the clutter. & I found the formula for the correct way of mixing the paint for the chain pull painting

Merle, Thank you, for the cordial comment.

Just a side note, once a carver always a carver, just trying to add to my projects
                . . .JoeB

Comment

and you got me interested also and i had to look it up on youtube. so interesting. thanks for the topic. a good way to use up leftover puddles of oilpaint after a painting .
                  keep it up Joe !
                  Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X