Forest Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forest Dog

Well the forum heading said off-topic, … so I’m sitting out on the deck, reading the forums, trying to come up with an idea for what I should carve next. Out of the forest comes one of my boys, Rebel, and drops this nice “stick” next to me. Interesting looking but I think it’s Black Locust. Too hard for me to do anything with. He’ll enjoy carving on it for the next week.
    785E26F6-954B-4010-8F75-8A8CBCC48006.jpeg
    Attached Files

Nice looking dog, Mike, and an attractive stick...please post his final creation. Probably better than some of mine.
    Bill
    Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

He looks real happy for bringing that to you. We used to have a Black lab, when she would bring us a good stick, we would have to hid it. SHE ate everything.. had to have slivers picked out her mouth/gums all the time.. Good looking pooch too.
      Chuck
      Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://mewe.com/profile/5d6f213642db757a5dfb3223

Comment

Fine furniture makers have bench dogs. That's a carving dog?
        Will be humbling to see whay he can do with no thumbs.
        Brian T

Comment

Originally posted by Mike WNC View Post
          Well the forum heading said off-topic, … so I’m sitting out on the deck, reading the forums, trying to come up with an idea for what I should carve next. Out of the forest comes one of my boys, Rebel, and drops this nice “stick” next to me. Interesting looking but I think it’s Black Locust. Too hard for me to do anything with. He’ll enjoy carving on it for the next week.
          785E26F6-954B-4010-8F75-8A8CBCC48006.jpeg
          Beautiful friend you've got there. You can just see the love for you that he has in his eyes!

Comment

Hi Bill, I'll give him a couple of days and we'll see what he comes up with,

Chuck, I had a yellow lab, he was a chewer too. I used to take him to work with me, I was a carpenter, and he'd find a scrap of 2x4 in morning and by quitting time it was a pile of toothpicks. Great dog, miss him.

Brian, No thumbs but a mouthful of carving knives!

Thanks Eddy, His brother, Ruger, is around here somewhere. Ruger likes to bring pine cones to the deck and then chew them into a hundred pcs so I have something to sweep up daily. Good boys!

Comment

What's not to like? Great friend, whittling material, fall weather, sunshine, peaceful deck area to carve on. Good life eh?

Tinwood

Comment

XX2 on missing the pooch. We moved to the city after losing "Candy" And vowed not to get another. As we travel to various areas and it would be not a good thing in a lot of places as we volunteer in state and federal parks. BUT we do enjoy the heck out of OP's (other people's) pets. And I carve pooches and fox. Cheers and keep up that carving .. IMG_0180.JPG
                Chuck
                Last edited by NoDNA; 10-10-2019, 01:13 PM.
                Chuck
                Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://mewe.com/profile/5d6f213642db757a5dfb3223

Comment

Yes Tinwood, it is a good life, I appreciate the reminder!

Chuck, love that pooch carving! Yes, it’s always tough losing a friend. If I didn’t have all this space for my boys to run around in I doubt I’d of gotten another dog, or two as it worked out, Cheers!

Comment

Sometimes Mike we need a gentle nudge to remind us how lucky we really are. Our busy lives sometimes make us feel like we just can't get ahead or realize what gifts we have been given. Glad you took the hint to heart. Chuck, that's a great looking little carving. Someone will cherish that for a long time.

Tinwood

Comment

Wise words Tinwood. Thanks again!
                      Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X