No carving, some fun stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No carving, some fun stuff

We went to the kids for Thanksgiving, took Mike his Birthday present, but Didn't feel right not taking something for the hostess, So I whipped on this wine bottle holder. Wood= carpenter cut-off, colored with water-based inks, electric etch, sealed with wipe on poly.

Oh I forgot, we don't drink wine so I borrowed one of Pam beer bottle

C&C welcomed and appreciated
    Last edited by joepaulbutler; 11-29-2019, 07:15 PM.
    . . .JoeB

Another nice "burning" project, Joe. Really love the pattern and effects of it...very nice.
    Bill
    Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Sounds like a great time Joe! I like your burnings also. I am going to look in to that process. I think a walking stick staff would look great with those burns down it.

Comment

Love your etching Joe, almost looks like bushes growing up on this project.
        If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
          Sounds like a great time Joe! I like your burnings also. I am going to look in to that process. I think a walking stick staff would look great with those burns down it.
          Remember Randy, that stuff can bite you. Safety first!

Tinwood

Comment

Hi Joe , you sure have Mastered the Art of Etching . Nice effect , kind of reminds me of my Legs , HaHa. Not Really . Merle

Comment

Originally posted by Tinwood View Post

Remember Randy, that stuff can bite you. Safety first!

Tinwood
              Amen! On safety first.

Comment

Bill~Thank You, It is fun and relaxing to watch the electricity do it run
                Randy~Thank You, Added a picture of one that I did
                Tom~Thank You, The burns and be deep or light, I like the light one for the detail
                Timwood~Thank You, exactly you got to keep your head in the game
                Merle~Thank You, Please but not satisfied, still discovering technics to use, how it doesn't make your legs ache
                . . .JoeB

Comment

Working...
                X