Got a request today~need some input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a request today~need some input

Our daughter from MI asked me today if I would make Christmas Mantle hang up for the grandkids, with their names on them. I would like to come up with something other than big red socks. I'll keep the search for ideas, but hoping with the great minds here to come up with something really special. . . Than ks in advance
    Last edited by Claude; 12-24-2019, 09:29 PM. Reason: typo
    . . .JoeB

Joe did you mean Mantle? If so are we talking something to hang stockings from?
    Last edited by Nebraska; 12-24-2019, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Yes, & excuse my creative spelling
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Joe, I think Ed is asking if you're to carve a mantle itself, or something to hang from a mantle.

How about a series of angels, each holding a banner with a child's name? Or elves holding a ribbon with names?
        Arthur

Comment

I'd probably try for something specific to each of the kids. Do they have a favorite pet, book, cartoon character? Hobbies (like piano or guitar), sports that they play or like (football, basketball, soccer, etc). Heck, even a food they're crazy about (meaning I need to carve myself a rack of ribs out of hickory).

I've always found people (no matter the age) enjoy things that are personalized for them.

And then, like Arthur suggested, add their names and Christmasy touches.

Comment

Thanks, Arthur & Ron, I've sent your suggestion to the daughter so SHE can make the choices, Shas so far just sent me six initials.
            . . .JoeB

Comment

Gee, Joe I have more questions than answers. However, I figure you will be wood burning the names or carving I guess. Objects that come to mind are Holly, candy canes, candles, icicles, etc. The wife suggested sports they like; football, basketball, ice skating, etc.

Basically similar to what others have mentioned. Please post what she decides...
              Bill
              Living among knives and fire.

Comment

Joe are are you talking a bout a hole mantle or are the hang ups to hang from a mantle? Eather way a Christmas slay on each side with their names could be a idea.
                We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
                https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

NO, it is just the hangers
                  . . .JoeB

Comment

Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
                    NO, it is just the hangers
                    Joe I took a picture of this last year. Thought I would cut one out but did not get it done. Thought it could a idea as type of hanger.
                    IMG_0436.JPG
                    We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
                    https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Thanks, Randy, This is neat, got a question, I can't really tell, but is the six-pointed star on the side of the sled made from pipe cleaners?
                      . . .JoeB

Comment

We just sent out 15 Reindeer, wife painted them after I cut and made them "look" like deer. She now has another 10-15 for next year. Randy I doooo like that one too.
                        Chuck
                        Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

Working...
                        X