Happy life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy life

Happy wife. I have been reassigned from shop projects to household duty once again. Mantle, new bathroom sink and vanity, new shelves and numerous other chores she thinks of as “ just a little things while your doing those”! I may not see a carving project tell Halloween. With luck and good weather. While it will Really just be a week or two it will seem longer! The things we do for love!!

We have to take care of the honeydews. (and I don't mean melons.)

Comment

Wishing luck
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Randy ,those are things you will never Regret you did . The Rewards will worth it . Merle

Comment

Oh!,....... while we're doing this, we might as well do...........and while you're at it maybe we should just add a.......and a new....... would look good , and that old trim will have to go.........
          See ya after Halloween Randy...
          If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

No honeydews here....I got a list a mile long of things to do. But they are major keeping me from carving this year....get one done and three more pop up. One thing about the pandemic I am sure getting a heck of a lot done this year as far as the house goes.

Comment

Good luck Randy and maybe if you did some messy work she might not give you more to do. Seriously, looking forward to your work and posts in 2021.

Bill
              Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Originally posted by woodburner807 View Post
                Good luck Randy and maybe if you did some messy work she might not give you more to do. Seriously, looking forward to your work and posts in 2021.

Hey Bill great idea, i may have to try that, ill let you know how that goes, although i already have a very good idea.
                Mark N. Akers
                My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Originally posted by woodburner807 View Post

Does not work Bill! I tried that and she just made me do it right. She says a she found the secret to a happy marriage. She lets me have her way!! I have spent 32 years trying to train her. I think she has my about we’re she wants my now. The best part is we laugh a lot!

Comment

Careful Mark, that approach could be a hazard to your head. Let that technique only be used by us "professionals."

Bill

Comment

Laugh a lot is a good thing to do, Randy.

Bill

Comment

Randy.... I'd switch places with you in a heart beat. I do so miss the days when I was able to do all of our renovation, remodeling, and repairs. Now a days I'm about as useful as a fart. If I can't sit and work a a bench or table the chose gets farmed out. Tried (barely succeeded) to install sweep molding on our front door a couple of weeks ago. Got down on my knees to work and not only did I need help getting back but almost passed out from the dizziness!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy-Smiles View Post
                          Randy.... I'd switch places with you in a heart beat. I do so miss the days when I was able to do all of our renovation, remodeling, and repairs. Now a days I'm about as useful as a fart. If I can't sit and work a a bench or table the chose gets farmed out. Tried (barely succeeded) to install sweep molding on our front door a couple of weeks ago. Got down on my knees to work and not only did I need help getting back but almost passed out from the dizziness!
                          I do know what your saying Eddy. I can not do about 80% of what I once could. Glad I can still cut a board and do some things. I really hate having to pay someone to do what I could do most of my life. And much of the time they can’t do it as well as I would have. Accepting limitations has never come easy but they do come and reality is a pain, but it is still real!

Comment

Amazing Randy, I am in the same boat and it all started with a leaky faucet that I just couldn't ignore.

Comment

And while all this is going on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Wife and I have sold our house here in the Portland OR. area to move a bit closer to our sons in central Washington state. We had remodeled this one so much that I had to get to carving .. nah. But this move will involve a lot of "new kitchen," and stuff like that. But a big plus is a good shop for me to get back to the Small Things.. I just hope my bones hold up. It will be awhile so All you have been a lot of energy for me and do be safe in your ventures. Chuck
                              Chuck
                              Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://mewe.com/profile/5d6f213642db757a5dfb3223

Comment

Working...
                              X