Have a great day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a great day

Hope everyone is staying safe and that you all have a great day! This #19 is getting old!!!

Sad to say I am getting used to the mask.....
    Buffalo Bif
    www.bflobif.com

Comment

And it doesn't appear that we'll be able to shed the masks anytime in the future. But with that said I'm and old Asiatic sailor and witnessed folks wearing masks in Japan and China way back in the 60's. No one ordered them to. It was all done voluntarily as a courtesy to those around them So when my wife and I joined the immune compromised club back in our 60's we started wearing masks as a routine every cold and flu season. I figure that my rights stop just short of my civic responsibilities.

Comment

Could be worst....we got a hurricane coming, plus the NOAA radio blasted enough to wake the dead that a tsunami coming in from Alaska,...later said canceled. Hurricane coming straight for us, appears it will fizzle just before hitting us????

This is turning out to be a whopper year.....no matter what comes...be ready for the ride of your life. I like to see how they are going do the crappy shelters we have with the social distance thing and no volunteers as they are all hunkering down safe in their homes for the pandemic. Still praying for hurricane floodwaters to flush the meth freaks criminals out the valley, they have a hard time behaving themselves these days. Do not know which is worst them or the pandemic. One thing that I am happy to say... I am ready for aliens to drop out of the sky ...I have my tin foil hat ready also...LOL

Still somewhat sane sitting in my homestead In the middle of Hawaii mountainside rainforest....chasing doves and extra-large bufo toads out of the cat food with my new trusty slingshot. Life is interesting, to say the least, these days, do not have to worry about getting bored.

Comment

What is worst than a pandemic today...these darn things are carriers of rat lungworm....which is on the islands. What is rat lungworm, it is a worm that gets in your brain and makes you super sick. They are a major population explosion here. Climate change as cause of population growth?? AS I carry my daily chorox/soap bucket and tongs to drown themOJNdsIcvmRlFACB-800x450-noPad.jpg, normal day collection about 50. ....like I said life is interesting these days.

Comment

So far so good here in Nova Scotia,... at present the authorities say that there is only one active case in the province. We had a very bad situation here a couple of months ago when the virus got into an extended care facility and took the lives of over 50 residents there. Masks are now mandatory for all public transit systems and it looks as though they are about to become mandatory for most businesses that are open to the public. But if that's what it takes, then I guess that's a small price to pay for public safety. Some people are not happy with being told to wear masks,.... they use the excuse that "their rights are being taken away ". Well these same people buckle up every time they get in their car because it's the law here in Nova Scotia and they don't seem to complain about that so I'm sure they will get used the " new normal ".
            I think it will be easier to get used to wearing a mask than it would be to get used to dealing with a 15 lb.. snail that is a carrier of rat lungworm..... .. just saying
            Last edited by Soggy; 07-22-2020, 01:54 PM.
            If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Soggy View Post
              So far so good here in Nova Scotia,... at present the authorities say that there is only one active case in the province. We had a very bad situation here a couple of months ago when the virus got into an extended care facility and took the lives of over 50 residents there. Masks are now mandatory for all public transit systems and it looks as though they are about to become mandatory for most businesses that are open to the public. But if that's what it takes, then I guess that's a small price to pay for public safety. Some people are not happy with being told to wear masks,.... they use the excuse that "their rights are being taken away ". Well these same people buckle up every time they get in their car because it's the law here in Nova Scotia and they don't seem to complain about that so I'm sure they will get used the " new normal ".
              I think it will be easier to get used to wearing a mask than it would be to get used to dealing with a 15 lb.. snail that is a carrier of rat lungworm..... .. just saying
              Actually we have stupid here also...some people eat these snails...or slugs even though the warning is out there, they actually believe it is not the real thing ...rat lungworm and then they wonder why they are in the hospital screaming in pain???? I do not get it at all these snails eat rat poop which carries the disease...and I guess rat poop diet snails... taste good???..... The same thing with the pandemic...US a lot of people are really stupid about the pandemic. My mouth hits the floor often these days about things people are doing these days.

Comment

Well, I have a supply of carvable wood, more knives than I need, and I am still healthy. Things could be worse. But I don't believe in tempting fate.

Take care, everyone.
                HonketyHank toot toot

Comment

We are alive and agoraphobic recluses, so we just watch the world go by. When we do have to go out every week or two we put on our face shields and nitrile gloves. Hate it, but it is the right thing to do. I do wonder if we will ever go back to the previous COVID days. We have never returned to pre 9-11, so figure the same now.

A good supply of wood and have plenty of sharp chisels, so an incentive to just carve away.

Everyone be safe and use this as an excuse to carve.
                  Bill
                  Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

As Bill says... We've locked ourselves in, and the world out! I venture out for groceries once a week, wearing mask and nitrile gloves and avoiding as many people as possible. Have plenty of wood and tools. This week, the temp has been lower, so I'm actually able to spend a bit of time at my workbench in the garage. I've been taking an on-line carving class from Dave Stetson on carving the female face. Wow! I've learned a lot - last session is tomorrow. If you get a chance, it's well worth the cost. Dave is doing another class on carving Santa in the October/November time frame, if you are interested.

Claude
                    My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

I hope once they have a viable vaccine it will change. I am not sure which is the biggest threat to America COVID 19 or those who would disassemble the Constitution both are deadly.

Comment

Working...
                      X