how to best use pressure washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to best use pressure washer

I'm moving on from my previously posted garage floor 'what to do' conversation. Today I found pops old power washer / pressure washer that has not been used in years.. since he passed. However the fact that it was stored with no gas in it had me optimistic it would work and sure enough it started and worked.

I hosed out my garage earlier today with it. The reality is I need to buy some kind of cleaner ..clean it then etch and seal it.

Upon using the power / pressure washer I noticed it left lines in places. see picture. I guess I'm wondering is there an attachment or a proper way to use this tool or are you supposed to put down some kind of chemical and let it loosen before I washing.

I am not so much concerned with the way the floor looks I really just want it cleaned and . But seeing these marks on my floor sort of tells me I must be using a pressure washer incorrectly ....so before I buy some kind of cleaning solution and give it another go any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

Are we being gouged?
    Brian T

Comment

There are probably better places to inquire a woodcarving site.
      Arthur

Comment

(Albert is a member of this forum, and he did put this in off topic.) I don't see a picture, but I am thinking you are doing it correctly. Might take a floor brush some water and TSP to it then spray again. Hopefully, you are building a wood carving spot in your garage.

Comment

Albert, mine has 5 different nozzles to use on it. I use the second smallest to clean concrete. The smallest got my attention because it damaged some wood trim on the house, I think if I held it in one spot, it might cut the wood in two pieces. My second smallest takes off about 4" wide strip of crud. I am thinking what I used to clean the house was called Crud Cutter and you're right, soak a bit and go for it.

Comment

I tried mine on a carving i don't remember why but the results were not satisfactory
            Herb

Comment

thank you very much. you helped me a lot and I'm sorry if that's not the point

Comment

Interesting question. You can use different nozzles, different detergents, and different power levels. The smaller the holes in the nozzle, the more concentrated the flow, the more it clears, BUT be careful, a strong flow can damage the material. Use chemistry according to the instructions for a specific surface. For example, I often clean my wooden fence with a high-pressure washer. So keep your deck looking like new.
                Last edited by arko12; 10-16-2020, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Albert you can rent a floor scrubber that will hook up with a power washer. I think some Sherman Willams stores rent them and mabe Home Depot. My grandson did my driveway and front walk with one this summer. No streaks like you get with a nozzle and it looked like new. It was amazing.
                  We live in the land of the free because of the brave!

https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

I use acid on cement to clean it, careful not to let it splash. And clean up with water mild running water. It cleans it to a perfectly white and will get rid of hard stains, and then you can coat if you want.

https://cleaning.tips.net/T012538_Sa..._Driveway.html

Comment

Working...
                    X