Bad news...sorry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news...sorry.

I was not going to say anything, as people do not want to hear it. Been working with people in hospital safety during this pandemic in a matter of more heads together the better.

This is not about carving but I feel I want to keep people safe and in the KNOW. Today I got news from various hospitals across the mainland USA, that is super bad news. No one wants to hear that this,... the pandemic is starting to spin out of control, to the point hospitals are starting what is called disaster mass causality protocol. Which we did not have in March surge.

I just want everyone ...heads up and that it is time to up and review your self-safety....please follow safety guidelines for the next three months. I am not going to sit here and tell the whole of it, other than as one doctor quoted....it SARS CoV 2 right now is a nightmare on elm street.

Please please do not let your guard down. This pandemic is just starting. I live in a state with no deaths last few days...but I know one thing time to prepare for a third lockdown, it is only a matter of time. People are going to do what they are going do.....but major heads up as I believe that we are heading into the darkest of times. If I am wrong shoot me later. Stay safe. Carve on..... because I care.
    . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Thanks, Di, for the reminder. It has gone on so long we may become complacent.

Comment

I just looked at our county COVID information dashboard and it shows the observed mask wearing obedience has been at or above 98% since July, the COVID infection rate has been all over the map but reasonably low until about a month and a half ago when testing became more available around the community. I come away with a sense that masks are largely ineffective and it was the increase in testing that resulted in an increase in positive rates, more testing is bound to produce more positive results. As an aside, we know three people who were told they tested positive but were never tested at all! Thankfully the hospitalization rate is fairly low, we are only at 6% bed capacity and the death rate is quite low, almost normal for flu season. Rather than panic I intend to continue doing what I feel is prudent having lived through many deadly epidemics in my 76 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Squid-61 View Post
        I just looked at our county COVID information dashboard and it shows the observed mask wearing obedience has been at or above 98% since July, the COVID infection rate has been all over the map but reasonably low until about a month and a half ago when testing became more available around the community. I come away with a sense that masks are largely ineffective and it was the increase in testing that resulted in an increase in positive rates, more testing is bound to produce more positive results. As an aside, we know three people who were told they tested positive but were never tested at all! Thankfully the hospitalization rate is fairly low, we are only at 6% bed capacity and the death rate is quite low, almost normal for flu season. Rather than panic I intend to continue doing what I feel is prudent having lived through many deadly epidemics in my 76 years.
        I went to the grocery store, woman masked going into the store, only it does not fit her face and baggy around her eyes and ears...she pushes the cart and she starts messing with the mask with her dirty hands, next she takes out the cellphone is talking into it, her face is itchy she scatches her face under her mask. Plus she did not wash it from the last time wearing it. Infection control: she gets a failure in all ways to protect herself from the virus...she got a mask on? yes....did she protect herself??? no,... major cross-contamination so far six different ways. Hands are also a major failure, did not wash the fingertips, thumbs, and back of hands according to latest studies are the things people do not do....yea she washed her hands but failed to do it right, so she still able to fully infect herself. I know because we had to train doctors and nurses on regular basis not to do these things....this is how people in medicine get infected. It is not the PPE it is improper usage of it. Also, an increase in testing does not make hospitals overflow with patients...great you are low, but reports this surge does not have an epicenter this time which is reporting to be breaking out all over. I know a lot of people who are dead, and they were at low risk. I have family and friends that work in pandemic areas hospitals in various parts of the US... also...., there is no panic, just safety measures.
        . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

I talked to a freind that is a critical care nurse in our area. Sadly the 18 to 35 year olds seem to be the main contributors of the spread. I have trouble understanding the total disreadgard for what are simple safety messures washing hands wearing a mask and avoiding large group gatherings. I see this all the time around the collage near me and down at the beach. But there are those my age saying they will not ware a mask, as some kind of ego trip. But the same people will reach for a mask when working with wood or in the yard for allergies. Mask are not the answer to the sickness but it is not much of a inconvenients for a degree of safety for them and others.
          We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
          https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
            I talked to a friend that is a critical care nurse in our area. Sadly the 18 to 35 year olds seem to be the main contributors of the spread. I have trouble understanding the total disregard for what are simple safety measures washing hands wearing a mask and avoiding large group gatherings. I see this all the time around the collage near me and down at the beach. But there are those my age saying they will not ware a mask, as some kind of ego trip. But the same people will reach for a mask when working with wood or in the yard for allergies. Mask are not the answer to the sickness but it is not much of a inconvenience for a degree of safety for them and others.
            Same here in Louisiana, science deniers who believe the nonsense being blathered from the White House.
            Arthur

Comment

I have no plans of dying. Not quite yet.

Mask it or casket.
              Brian T

Comment

Me and my wife have been self isolators since we returned home from Baton Rouge in mid March. Haven’t been to church or to see friends or family. When we visit it is with zoom. Grocery stores offer online ordering and curbside pick up and we’ve been using it. UPS just dropped off our new snow shovels from Target. It is amazing what you can do these days without leaving your house. I was talking to one of our club members the other day. His college age granddaughter had the covid. She “RECOVERED” two months ago. He tells it damaged her lungs and she still can’t go up a flight of stairs without being out of breath. Another guy tells me he’s lost six friend’s already.

Take care guys and gals.

Comment

We are lucky so far in New Zealand with minor infection rates but I have to agree that if we aren't careful it could easily spin out of control.

Some people are just plain stupid and there is no cure for that and that is where the danger waits to spring.

All we can do is try to protect ourselves.

You guys take care, this thing has a LONG way to go yet.
                  Last edited by Glenn Jennings; 11-12-2020, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian T View Post
                    I have no plans of dying. Not quite yet.

Mask it or casket.
                    You'n me both. Love the bumpersticker!

I'm still kicking. And I have a few projects going. Stay safe. I look forward to seeing everybody smiling (safely) some day when masks are a mere memory. Maybe we can have Covid Class of 2020 class photo.
                    HonketyHank toot toot

Comment

I learned about the value of wearing masks 50-years ago while stationed in Japan. A mask is part of the Japanese culture. In a large close living society it's both a courtesy and an obligation to wear a mask to protect yourself and others. This kind of mentality would never work in the United States. Everything here becomes political whether it's for your own good or not. My wife and I have been wearing masks when we go out during the cold and flu season for a number of years now, especially as we both have compromised immune systems.

Japan has avoided Covid-19 disaster and people here accept masks – making the debate in the UK even more bewildering

Comment

It's simple: Stay home. Wear a mask when you can't. Wash your hands when you go out. Wash your hands when you come home. Wash your mask. Stay home. Rinse and repeat.

BobL

Comment

Working...
                        X