Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are the covid shoots doing in your area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are the covid shoots doing in your area?

I am in Mobile, We are over 75 my wife and I got our first shot yesterday. Things are slow here but seem to be picking up. The logistics to get the vaccine distributed and administered is mind bogling. If you have 10,000,000 people and can do 25000 shoots a day thats 400 day. After 21 days they have to have 50000 doses a day for first and second shoots. Thats going 7 days a week and the staff to make that work. It will take some time.
    We live in the land of the free because of the brave!

https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

In the USA we have about 330,000,000 people, so on a national level it's even more amazing. They say we'll get our first shots within a week (over 75, not in nursing home).

Comment

Our state is using the trickle out process currently. We know a few folks who have received the vaccine. A relative in a nursing home, a friend who volunteered at the hospital, our pastors who received leftover doses from local pharmacy. We are one of the states who still have not given even near half of the vaccines we received. A friend of mine is a CFO at a hospital in Kansas say only 60% of their healthcare workers choose to get vaccinated so he got to get a shot.

Right now three people we know are ill but still at home, two hospitalized and two recovering in long term care facilities. All are people who traveled because they just had to see the grandkids.

We are guessing late February or early March in the meantime we will continue with our self isolation.

Stay Safe Guys, Gals and Theys
      Ed
      Living in a pile of chips.
      https://www.etsy.com/shop/HiddenInWood
      https://m.facebook.com/pg/CentralNeb...ernal&mt_nav=0

Comment

in plain language Florida's distribution method sucks! We've got a Governor who has left it up to each individual county to figure it out on their own. We understand that he's been offered Federal assistance with the process but basically has told them to go pound sand. All he wants is the allotment increased but as of the other day Florida hasn't used half of it's original allotment. In those counties that have totally failed he's made arrangements with Publix, a large southern grocery and Pharmacy chain to start giving them out but it's not universal and the rest of us are left to either stand in line on a first come, first serve basis, or spend hours on the phone attempting to get through to make an appointment only to be told that registration is closed. The other problem that I see is that elderly people that live at home by themselves or are not computer savvy or possibly don't even own a smartphone are left out on the line to dry. And if it's a husband and wife combination it's almost impossible to get the vaccinations together so that they have to go through the frustrating and more often than not unsuccessful process, twice. Personally, I see no need to get the shot until my wife gets it. I have medical problems that keep me from going out very often except for medical purposes and my wife is taking immune suppressing drugs. She performs all the errands and her exposure is far, far, greater than mine. When we can get her vaccinated then I'll take steps to get mine. After 59-years together I would have no purpose in sticking around in the event that she caught the bug and didn't survive.

Comment

I am in Middle Tennessee. horrible so far. But, I may get at the VA. Got email that 65 and older soon. I am 70. VA maybe my best bet rest look like maybe march.

Rob

Comment

I got nothing but bull-carp when I asked when the 75+ up here will get #1 shots.
            Enough bureaucratic baffle-gab to gag a maggot. I told them so.
            Senior military genius is in charge.
            The military have always been trained to spread happiness and good health with tanks, guns, bombs and rockets.

Should have had the ice cream people in charge.
            If there is any gang capable of delivering a frozen product, they have the skill.
            Brian T

Comment

My mom is in an assisted living facility so she got hers here in NJ. Most facilities are first on the list. The rest of us will be isolating for quite some time I fear. I’m guesstimating early spring for vaccine.
              Always covered in chips.

Comment

Dang! Every time I go past the title of this thread, I am thinking "Corvid Shoots".
                Of course to mean a bunch of people out on a crow shoot in a corn field.
                Brian T

Comment

Not sure if I'll take the shot, but in Oregon it is screwed up usual. Don't know anyone who got the shot and I'm relying o the VA.
                  Bill
                  Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

In NC it seems to depend on the county. Our Governor has also left it up to the counties to distribute. My carving club as a few folks 75+ who have already received theirs, they are in the next county over where they've set up sites at the local community college. In my county you have to go to the hospital. My wife is a teacher and is on the list. I am at the end of the line I haven't even gotten into yet.
                    https://www.triadwoodcarvers.com/

Comment

I received my first shot the other day and the second is scheduled. Went through my local pharmacy since the Clinic I use has yet to receive their supply. ????

Comment

New York state is out of doses and scrambling for more. Been cancelling appointments because they have nothing left to inject.
                        I'm 61, work at home, had COVID in March and recovered- dont go out- dont care if I dont get mine til summer.

Brian T, laughed my butt off at your ice cream vendor idea. Pure Genius.
                        Buffalo Bif
                        www.bflobif.com

Comment

Pfizer Inc. pharmaceutical corporation is the vaccine here and there are a shortage and logistical issues for the people who do want it. Pfizer and I have a hate relationship which already means two of the drugs that I have taken of theirs.... have caused serious damage and yet deemed as safe nor matter how many lawsuits against them. Along with hundreds of thousands of other people, today....I know the name of the game is called give me your money and we will use you as our next guinea pig and we do not give poo who dies or damaged from it. I am not taking the vaccine until I know and see that it is safe, does not have long term damage, and the works. I would prefer the Oxford vaccine but it is not here in the states yet. So I will sit watch and listen until I know if the vaccine even works and what is the effectiveness of it. Almost everything wrong with me was caused by bad medicine or bad doctors so I am not a happy camper when it comes to the bs of the medical world. meanwhile I will be out shooting crows.

Comment

Wife and I got the first shot, second scheduled for February 10th. There was a brief pause in the shots the day after we got ours when the amount of vaccine promised by the feds didn't materialize. Back on schedule now, seems to be moving smoothly in Louisiana. We have a good governor in charge, but the crackpot legislators are doing their best to undercut his powers to act in an emergency...some thing are universal and eternal it seems.
                            Arthur

Comment

Johnson and Johnson is coming out with a one time shot for the virus. Might wait for that one...need to watch it for about 6 months until we decide. Just skeptical of this whole Covid stuff.
                              Bill
                              Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Working...
                              X