Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woodburner807
    replied
    I had cataracts and they were removed though some surgical process. Major difference in eye sight and I got it done. Well worth it and would suggest folks have it done...especially the "old" people.

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Originally posted by Randy View Post
    Cataract surgery is my next dance with the doctors. I have put it off about as long I can. I have a few things I need to finish in the shop before I am side lined for a few weeks.
    Randy: I had to wear a plastic patch on my eye for 24 hours, then just at night for 2 weeks. After the first day, I could see just fine anything over 3 feet away. I could even use the computer by leaning back in my chair and changing the browser minimum size font a couple notches bigger. I was unable to read much, such as a book, or my phone, until my wife suggested I try a pair of her old reading glasses from the pharmacy. I think 2.25 diopter... Amazing - I could read again!! Now just waiting for my fancy paint...

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    My brother had to get his eyes "done." His response was: "I have not been able to see like this since I was 15."

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied
    Originally posted by Randy View Post
    Cataract surgery is my next dance with the doctors. I have put it off about as long I can. I have a few things I need to finish in the shop before I am side lined for a few weeks.
    Randy, the laser surgery is really just an inconvenience, and well worth the trouble. Go for it!

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Originally posted by Arthur C. View Post

Doc said I just needed "dime store" readers. I think that term dated us both, him for using it and me for understanding him!
    LOL - I'm well acquainted with the term "dime store". We had the 5&10 cent store in the small town where I grew up. My new glasses on order are the kind I don't have to take off - Progressive curvature lenses, UV protected, Photo-Grey, etc. Cost a bunch, but they work for me. Have had this kind for last 40 years, and don't want to be without...

Claude

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied
    Originally posted by Claude View Post
    Thanks for all the info. I just had my second cataract surgery a couple weeks ago, and have not received my new glasses yet. I can see great to drive without glasses, but need them to read. My wife suggested I try a pair of her cheapo reading glasses (2.25, I think she said) and they work great! I can once again read while I wait for my new glasses to be finished.

Claude
    Claude, I had both of my eyes "refurbished" and have about eight pairs of 2.50s around the house in every conceivable place...then they seem to end up in bunches as I tend to walk around with a pair perched on the end of my nose and take them off and lay them down. I also have a folding pair in a case that I keep in my car for emergency use.

Doc said I just needed "dime store" readers. I think that term dated us both, him for using it and me for understanding him!

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Thanks for all the info. I just had my second cataract surgery a couple weeks ago, and have not received my new glasses yet. I can see great to drive without glasses, but need them to read. My wife suggested I try a pair of her cheapo reading glasses (2.25, I think she said) and they work great! I can once again read while I wait for my new glasses to be finished.

Claude

Leave a comment:

• Woodeneye
    replied
    Just an update. I received the glasses I referred to above from Amazon. They are progressive lenses. I can watch a YouTube video or have a book open and do close up work on the carving without changing my glasses. Two pair for $16.00. They were just what I was looking for and work great ( takes little while to get used to them.) I think they'll work for what I needed.

Leave a comment:

• tbox61
    replied
    I need readers when I wear my contacts...don't need them when I don't. I recently picked up these at Cabelas:

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cars...2fc7fc8b0e31be

I bought them for fly fishing, but they work very well for carving as well! I got the 2.25X model...I couldn't go wrong for $10.00.

Leave a comment:

• Woodeneye
    replied
    Thanks all. I think these will work for me.

https://www.amazon.com/JOSCHOO-Progr...382213&sr=8-30

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    Try: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo Bif
    replied
    foster grant sells progressives based on a formula they think most of us want. Not sure of the numbers. google them

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Try https://www.readingglasses.com/

Leave a comment:

• Woodeneye
    replied
    Woodburner, Thanks for responding.
    I've searched Amazon without much success. Do you remember what you searched for ? We're they similar to my description?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X