Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One hail of a storm!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • One hail of a storm!

    A big storms over night. 3in of rain and just south of us on the gulf the got baseball size hail. Hotel and condo parking lots were full with the spring breakers cars. Hundreds of vehicles were damaged, window out and bodies look like some one went at them with a ball-pean hammer. I have not seen that kind of hail storm sense I lived in the Texas panhandle. Not sure how often that happens on the beach.
    We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
    https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

  • #2
    That hail can kill a lot of wildlife, too. Ducks and geese in particular.
    Do you get a lot of thunder and lightning with those hail storms?
    Brian T

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm assuming you're OK. I remember when I in the very corner of WE Colo. We got a hail one afternoon, it wasn't ball-shaped but just a jagged piece of ice, it kill cattle in the fields & just obliterated roofs. They were always having serve weather there.
      . . .JoeB

      Comment


      • #4
        Hope that is not a sign of things to come this year, weather seems to be more radical last few years, especially in your area.

        Comment


        • #5
          We were lucky here, Randy - lots of rain, high winds, and lightning that looked like the flickering at a rock concert. Continuous roll of thunder from about 0200 to after 0800 - very little sleep...

          Claude
          My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
          My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
          My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
          My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dileon View Post
            Hope that is not a sign of things to come this year, weather seems to be more radical last few years, especially in your area.
            Sadly the current forecast are calling for another above average hurricane season this year too. Not good news. We are to old for for all that stuf!
            We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
            https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
              I'm assuming you're OK. I remember when I in the very corner of WE Colo. We got a hail one afternoon, it wasn't ball-shaped but just a jagged piece of ice, it kill cattle in the fields & just obliterated roofs. They were always having serve weather there.
              Luckily the hail was south of us, they were jagged ball here too.
              We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
              https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Randy View Post

                Sadly the current forecast are calling for another above average hurricane season this year too. Not good news. We are to old for for all that stuf!
                Darn not good news, we do not get the pacific report until a month before hurricane season. Although should get ready now instead of later while it is still cool outside. Yea my old bones complain a lot this year making it harder. I do notice a very hot sun already. Right now ripping out old trellis and walls that will fly, hard work at a turtle pace...it is the kind of work you put off for years until you can not let it stand. Right now we are supposed to have a thunderstorm come through with possible hail today..., never seen hail here in the islands but who knows, the weather is not normal last few years.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Wow, Randy, never saw anything like that and the worst I've seen was some hail just under pea size that drilled holes through the ripe garden tomatoes. Be safe!
                  Bill
                  Living among knives and fire.

                  http://www.westernwoodartist.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Glad to hear you are okay. Terrible thing to be hit with a damaging storm. I lost a car before Floyd and a basement full of mementos you can’t replace. Stay safe!
                    My Website: www.carvingjunkies.com
                    Instagram
                    : https://www.instagram.com/carvingjunkies/
                    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carvingjunkies/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by woodburner807 View Post
                      Wow, Randy, never saw anything like that and the worst I've seen was some hail just under pea size that drilled holes through the ripe garden tomatoes. Be safe!
                      picture of two. The will bring you a headache.
                      BE1D8DB7-9189-437C-86FF-C6988553DEA6.jpeg
                      Attached Files
                      We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
                      https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X