Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoDNA
    replied
    Randy, bless you for being able again. When I got my first one done, I bout fell over. THEN having to wait for the next one. . But it was worth it. now reading most w/o glasses and carving is great!.
    Chuck

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Originally posted by Claude View Post
    It's a great improvement, Randy! I had my second one done a couple of months ago. I had to wait one month before I could get my new glasses prescription. My wife suggested I try a pair of her old drug store reading glasses as I was unable to read. Wow! Able to read again while waiting for the month to end... These were 2.25, she said.

Claude
    Hi Claude, I have to wait 3 weeks for check up on this one then it will be another 3 weeks before the Dr can do my other eye. So it may be about 8 to 9 weeks before I get new glasses. But it will be worth the wait.

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    It's a great improvement, Randy! I had my second one done a couple of months ago. I had to wait one month before I could get my new glasses prescription. My wife suggested I try a pair of her old drug store reading glasses as I was unable to read. Wow! Able to read again while waiting for the month to end... These were 2.25, she said.

Claude

Leave a comment:

• JerseyGirl
    replied
    That’s great, Randy. Glad there was such a big improvement.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Randy , Good move on your part , will only get better when you get the other Eye done . Had mine done years ago . Merle

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    Glad all went well Randy and I have had both eyes done...sure a major change in vision. Be careful with sharp tools.

Leave a comment:

• Nebraska
    replied
    Boy Randy, that’s got to feel good real happy for you.

Leave a comment:

• wasserretter
    replied
    You can be very lucky that the situation with your eye is better now.
    I hope the other eye will be as good as the one you already had the surgery.
    Last edited by wasserretter; 04-14-2021, 04:02 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Glad to hear that your improvement after the surgery! What about your nighttime vision, reduce the stars? Boy I can just imagine the bright colored carving we are going to see coming off your bench

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    started a topic New view on the work

New view on the work

Just had cataract surgery on one one side. Amazing! I did not appreciate how much my vision had change over time. Especially the affect cataracts had on color. I was really surprised by how much brighter vivid all colors were after the surgery. Can’t wait to have the other one done! I will still need glasses. But detail shadows and color are going to be so much better and grains are more visible with that fog gone.
Working...
X