Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferry80
    replied
    I hope your recover fast. Fingers crossed, that you Will not get an infection.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Thanks, Bob, I got my TomZ out this afternoon and spent the rest of the day harping, will also tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied
    Geez Joe Paul, that's a bad gash. Good job your tools are sharp or it would have been worse, messier. Heal fast my friend, so you can get back to work.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Merle, OH it takes a strong mule to keep me down, just got to stop bumping into things with my left hand

Randy, mine was definitely in the wrong place

JerseyGirl, I've got plenty of hands protection, but who needs it when just sharping∙∙∙∙Joe

PHolder, Funny how you get those feelings, guess it was ben the use of several band-aids.

It is just a good time to work on drawing muscle memory

Leave a comment:

• PHolder
    replied
    Ouch!! I did something similar a few years ago with a new Kershaw my son gave me for Christmas (It was sharp). Helping him open a box and thinking to my self 'self you should move your hand'.

Glad you only needed stitches. Heel quickly and completely.

Leave a comment:

• JerseyGirl
    replied
    Yikes that’s some cut. So glad you are feeling better. After slipping a few times I invested in a great Kevlar/leather glove from the carving guy. I use duct tape too. A bit bulky but I’m used to it.

F853927E-B12C-4752-B77A-2A1035430E9E.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    That’s a bad one Joe! Hope you heal up fast. I did one about 8 years ago, the finger works but I do not have much feeling in the top of it. I severed the nerves. I just tried to take a short cut not securing the work. Had my hand in front of the cutting edge of a 5/8” #8 palm tool. It was the second of the only two bad cuts I have had in all these years and both were me having my left hand in the wrong place. And I knew it. Just got in a hurry.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Joe , sounds like you are in God Spirits, glad the Pain is easing up . Merle

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    First, of all it is feeling a lot better today, the dull pain is gone.

Herb, Thank you

Ed, Thank you, I've got one, but prefer to hold my work when carving, I use a leather glove on my right hand and a thumb guard on my right thumb∙∙∙∙I wasn't carving, I was sharpen

Soggy, Thank you, The worst part of the whole ordeal was the deadening shot, by the time the Doc. got around to stitching me up, it was deader than a doornail.

Wasserretter, Thank you, I know, I have two pairs of carving gloves, but like I told Ed. This is the first time in probably 76 years of sharpening knives, I cut myself.

Merle, Thank you,~ If you're going to do a job do it your best. The first thing I did after cutting the finger through the side of the finger at the big knuckle was to see if could bend my finger, I could & was greeted with a squirt of blood to the glasses.

Eddie
    , Thank you

Claude, Thank you

Paul, Thank you, Yes

Right now, I think everything will be OK, but man am I have fun typing

Leave a comment:

• pallin
    replied
    That's a very vivid lesson to all of us.
    Question: Was this hand holding the honing block?
    Last edited by pallin; 04-28-2021, 12:36 PM. Reason: added question

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    That's a bad one, Joe. Hope it heals well.

Claude

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied
    Ouch! I feel your pain! Literally!

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Joe , WOW! you sure did a God Job on that Finger . Hope you don't loose the use of the Finger . I lost the use of my same Finger, got it tangled up in a Gear . Hope you Heal Quickly . Merle

Leave a comment:

• wasserretter
    replied
    First of all I would like to express my sympathy and wish you a quick and residue-free healing.

I had a similar accident some time ago so I decided to buy a pair of gloves. I searched for a long time and found some that are resistant to cuts and also to stings. I use them often and every now and then I was very happy that they protected my hands.
    These gloves have a very tight fit and do not affect my sense of touch.
    My gloves have the standard EN 388 4X34F
    Last edited by wasserretter; 04-28-2021, 03:13 AM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied
    ouch!!!..... looks like your dr. is pretty good at doing needle point .
    Hope you heal up quickly.
    Wayne

Leave a comment:

Working...
X