Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First gulf storm of the season .

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • First gulf storm of the season .

    Well just read a forecast for invest 92L now in the Bay of Campeche. It said those of us from Louisiana to the Florida panhandle may want to pre pair for the first topical storm of 21. They think it will be a TS by Thur or Fri. Coming ashore some where on the central gulf on the weekend. Forecast from Crown Weather. They were right on last years. Not fun.
    We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
    https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

  • #2
    I've got plenty of wood thank you. Lets hope it fizzles.

    Comment


    • #3
      Although it's pretty early in the season, the Gulf, at least off the west coast of Florida has really heated up. I think that I'd prepare for a Cat 3 and hope that the weather guesstimaters are right about the TS. If I remember right we had to put up our storm shutters sometime in July last year. Of course we left them up until the end of October. Too much darn work to continuously put up and take down.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Eddy-Smiles View Post
        Although it's pretty early in the season, the Gulf, at least off the west coast of Florida has really heated up. I think that I'd prepare for a Cat 3 and hope that the weather guesstimaters are right about the TS. If I remember right we had to put up our storm shutters sometime in July last year. Of course we left them up until the end of October. Too much darn work to continuously put up and take down.
        Its ramping up early this year Eddy. Looks like Louisiana could end up with what is now 92L. And a newbie coming off Africa to soon to guess on it. The TD of the east coast will be a fish storm. But thats 3 start ups in the middle of June. Not a promising way to start.
        We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
        https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

        Comment


        • #5
          The only thing I would worry about is heavy rain on this one, ....but meteorologists are saying it is a messy system unknown at this time what it will do. Tropical storms I do not worry too much about including Cat one hurricanes....it is the big stuff that I watch. It is going to be a long summer again with these cyclones....time to get ready is now...then no worries. One place I watch is tropical tidbits...last year he right on about all of it. Plus the national hurricane center and Windy TY.....and when the active season comes normally August for us...I watch the spaghetti hurricane trackers. And beyond that I watch the top hurricane chasers see where they are running to fly into...getting braver each year....as last year they were going into cat 5 hurricanes. ....One of my favorites is Josh Morgerman
          @iCyclone Hardcore hurricane chaser. Southern Californian. (Part-time Mississippian.) Star of #HurricaneMan. There is another one can not think of his name...he was in Haiyan hurricane awesome video.
          Last edited by Dileon; 06-14-2021, 02:11 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dileon View Post
            The only thing I would worry about is heavy rain on this one, ....but meteorologists are saying it is a messy system unknown at this time what it will do. Tropical storms I do not worry too much about including Cat one hurricanes....it is the big stuff that I watch. It is going to be a long summer again with these cyclones....time to get ready is now...then no worries. One place I watch is tropical tidbits...last year he right on about all of it. Plus the national hurricane center and Windy TY.....and when the active season comes normally August for us...I watch the spaghetti hurricane trackers. And beyond that I watch the top hurricane chasers see where they are running to fly into...getting braver each year....as last year they were going into cat 5 hurricanes. ....One of my favorites is Josh Morgerman
            @iCyclone Hardcore hurricane chaser. Southern Californian. (Part-time Mississippian.) Star of #HurricaneMan. There is another one can not think of his name...he was in Haiyan hurricane awesome video.
            They are getting better each year with forcasting. Technology is improving all the time. Rain and spin off tornados are the big threats with TS and Cat1's in the 90's we had a cat 1 that sat over Mobile Bay for 3 days and dropped 30 to 40"s of rain, depending on the neighborhood you were in. Every thing is down hill from our location flooding is not a issue for our house but wind damage is a issue do to all the many large oak and other trees in the area. Once the soil is good an saturated It does not take real high winds to take them down.
            We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
            https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Randy View Post

              They are getting better each year with forcasting. Technology is improving all the time. Rain and spin off tornados are the big threats with TS and Cat1's in the 90's we had a cat 1 that sat over Mobile Bay for 3 days and dropped 30 to 40"s of rain, depending on the neighborhood you were in. Every thing is down hill from our location flooding is not a issue for our house but wind damage is a issue do to all the many large oak and other trees in the area. Once the soil is good an saturated It does not take real high winds to take them down.
              I noticed the hurricanes in the mainland do drop a lot of tornados, not much of a worry here, tornados are super rare here...not sure why ...perhaps it's the mountain. One thing that we do not have to worry about here much. We had Lane CAT 5 sit out in the ocean for four days....she did not hit us, but Kauai got 52 inches and scared the pee out of everyone waited and waited and waited for it to hit....the direction and point of impact were changed often on the news, one of those hurricanes that do not listen to the news....then she took off the western ocean. Here they are very unpredictable....and hard to forecast....although I noticed lately advance warning is coming is pretty right on. We get lots of trees down with heavy rain, amazing how the super huge exotic trees pull out of the ground like a big weed ...roots and all. We have one tree that grows super fast, produces heavy and it is huge but it can not take any kind of wind and it breaks, they been talking about killing all of them do to the damage caused, but so far it is just talk.

              Comment


              • #8
                They are guessing 92 L will bring 5 to 8+ inches for central Gulf this coming weekend.
                We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
                https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Looks like it is getting developed today ...and ready to head straight toward you as of now, looks like it will be rain-wrapped when it gets out in the gulf hitting perhaps Saturday?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Great... I'm driving to Florida on Saturday...

                    Claude
                    My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                    My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                    My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                    My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yes. It look like it will come in between Mississippi and the Florida panhadle. Which puts us in the middle. Our forecast t this time is for 8 to 10+ inches for the weekend. That would gives about 42+ inches of rain for the first 6 month of the year and more to come the first of the week. Hope I get an umbrella for father's day
                      Last edited by Randy; 06-16-2021, 10:55 PM.
                      We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
                      https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Claude View Post
                        Great... I'm driving to Florida on Saturday...

                        Claude
                        It will be a wet drive Claude.
                        We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
                        https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          [QUOTE=Randy; SNIP Hope I get an umbrella for father's day:

                          Randy, a scuba outfit might be more appropriate.
                          Arthur

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Claude View Post
                            Great... I'm driving to Florida on Saturday...

                            Claude
                            Do not know about you but these days driving in heavy rain and road flooding is not fun, and very hard on the nerves. Anytime I hear a prediction like this I am not going anywhere...perhaps you go now, or wait until the front passes? One thing about news predictions they can be a lot worst than what they are talking about at least that is true for here. Anyway, you know your weather and what can happen, be safe on the journey and have a plan B if it turns bad.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hurricane center is starting to add on rain amounts to possibly 12 inches in localized areas.....something to watch the next few days... The most likely location for any eventual storm landfall would be between the Texas-Louisiana border and New Orleans as of the latest reports...

                              The biggest impacts will come near and east of the center, however. That is where the heaviest rain will fall. Heavy downpours training, or repeatedly moving over the same areas, will bring a widespread 4 to 8 inches with localized 12-inch amounts.
                              ..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X