• Show
Clear All

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Thanks, Randy

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Hi Joe. This is a book I have used for some plaque gifts in the past. There is a Noah's ark I did for made grandson when he was little, there is a light house one I did for a friend. I have combinde peaces from different ones in the book to make others. it is a good how to book.If your looking for one. You can see some of the projects if you look at the book on amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...r=494083b2-82d

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Thanks for the help, got me going in the right direction, Toke Eddy's suggestion, and started googling, ran some ideas across the QC dept (Pam). Watching her eyes, I could tell which one she thought was right. Again thanks for the kick in the pants

Leave a comment:

• sappy
    replied
    I was thinking a rose with a bow for the baby, and maybe a horse with a setting sun behind it for the thank you. What ever you decide to do, it will be awesome, this is a tattoo I found. rose.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied
    One of my favorite tricks when I'm trying to come up with an idea is to just Google a subject. If I'm looking for something unique to say I look for the written description and if I'm trying to come up with an idea for a carving I go to images.

Leave a comment:

• wasserretter
    replied
    As a symbol for a baby, the first thing I saw in my mind was the little oak sapling growing out of the acorn.

And for a "thank you" I see a Pair of open Hands with some fruit (or flowers) laying in the palms of the hands.

And your plan is a very nice gesture.

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    I can see the horse. Possibly several suns in a sunrise for a new birth but it's fuzzy.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    started a topic Need some help from WCI Book of Knowledge

Need some help from WCI Book of Knowledge

I need to do three plaques---A wedding, a birth, and a thank you.

The wedding plaque, I know pretty much what I want to do.

For the baby, it is going to be a great-granddaughter, Ramilee Marie.

There is a couple who live in our little community of ±400 families & they are always doing things for the older people.in our community & the wild horse that we are blessed with within our community. They've done Pam & I several favors & will never take any compensation. I figure if I carve a plaque for them, hopefully, they would accept it.

But I'm not picturing anything in my mind's eye to carve for either the baby & the thanks you plaques. any suggestion would be helpful.

Many thanks in advance
Working...
X