X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy
    replied
    Originally posted by Arthur C. View Post
    I don't know that I'd agree with that, Randy. In my 20s I was working my a** off to support my family, especially after going in the financial hole courtesy of Uncle Sam calling my army reserve unit up for a year (pay for a private then was $99 a month...living off post, with separate rations and housing we pulled in about $200 total, too little to live on much less pay on debts back home.). After release from active duty I was too tired and broke to do much but dig out of that hole and advance my career.

Now (I'll make 80 next month) I at least I have the time to pursue less pedestrian endeavors. Even with the aches and pains of ageing, I wouldn't want to repeat my 20s. Now I can also not worry about the future of my children, all of whom are successful in their own right. And as a bonus, I don't have to worry that I'll die young!
    I was on vacation with the Marines in sunny Vietnam for a few of those years. And worked mine off after that too. But it was the start of the game not the back nine! Miss those challenges.

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied
    I don't know that I'd agree with that, Randy. In my 20s I was working my a** off to support my family, especially after going in the financial hole courtesy of Uncle Sam calling my army reserve unit up for a year (pay for a private then was $99 a month...living off post, with separate rations and housing we pulled in about $200 total, too little to live on much less pay on debts back home.). After release from active duty I was too tired and broke to do much but dig out of that hole and advance my career.

Now (I'll make 80 next month) I at least I have the time to pursue less pedestrian endeavors. Even with the aches and pains of ageing, I wouldn't want to repeat my 20s. Now I can also not worry about the future of my children, all of whom are successful in their own right. And as a bonus, I don't have to worry that I'll die young!

Leave a comment:

• tbox61
    replied
    I was in my teens in the 70's, and now I am in my 60's in the 20's...I will not hit my 70's till the 30's...the way things are now, I would go back to the 70's in a minute!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• sappy
    replied
    20's in the 70's, I never even thought about 70's in the 20's. It just was never going to happen, now I don't remember 20's in the 70's, so not sure that happened either!

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied
    Most definitely but I'm sure that my wife would disagree.

Leave a comment:

• uvawyo
    replied
    I am happier in my 70s than i was in my 20s more laid back and serene i think

Leave a comment:

• Nebraska
    replied
    Don’t want to sound like I’m complaining my life is pretty darn good, but I miss running. It’s like my legs forgot how to move smoothly and my brain can’t make them behave.

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    And the price of birthday candles by the dozen isn't getting any cheaper, either.
    I think I'll go back to the big fat number candles.

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    started a topic I heard it said

I heard it said

It was a lot more fun being in my 20’s in the 70’s than being in my 70’s in the 20’s!! And I agree.
Working...
X