No announcement yet.

Good morning everyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randy, your wife hit the nail on the head...now all we have to do is do it!
    Arthur

Comment

Randy's wife is right! There's no better therapy than carving . It doesn't matter if it's crappy weather or world health issues, I can retreat to my carving room in the basement and get away from it all. I turn on my tablet to an Irish music station ( no commercials, no news or weather, just 100% music) pick up my knife and within minutes I'm in another world. Many a time the wife will have to pound on the floor above me and holler......." Are you coming up to eat , or what?"
      If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

I have also,... not carved in a very long time, nor done most things I normally do. Too busy watch all heck break loose outside my windows, doing scientific research on the virus, watch the governments' war going on, nothing looks good as prices hit the ceiling here, plus health issues and people dying. There is a form of numbness where I do not want to think about any of it. Bad information overload is what I call it. I know also all of it has changed me. Priority of what is important has changed, I know carving relaxes me, and yet like Randy said I wave to the wood carving bench as I pass by. So it got to point to just doing any kind of art, something simple,...something I do have to plan or think too much about. Although there is a mad desire to clean up and downsize and make my life more comfortable in the seat I am sitting in spite of life chaos periods. I know for a fact this is downtime in all ways, woodcarving is ready to go when I am. I listen to music but Audible books one after another are being played as I paint,....mindless, does not mean I am not aware of the issues of the whole world... just a rest time and back into the shop I will go.
        . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Now isn't that something. People from all over the Country and half the World are having Trouble getting Motivated to Carve . I thought it was just me . I was working on a Wolf Head Carving and Broke the Flex Shaft , waiting for the Part so Cleaned my Shop , Part came , fixed the my Carver , and now I just look at it and Relax on the Porch and enjoy the nice Cool Weather . The Carving is at the Fun Part, all Roughed out and ready for final Detailing , my Get Up and Go, Got Up and Went . Must be the Weather . Nice to know it's not just me . Maybe Tomorrow. Merle

Comment

Merle, "Maybe tomorrow" reminded me of the lyrics to an old Peggy Lee song, "Mañana, mañana, mañana is soon enough for me!" lol
            Arthur

Comment

Hope today is a great one for you all. I am off my derriere and headed for the shop. Its time!! And my wife chased me out of the house!!!!!
              We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
              https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Well here it is Tomorrow and I also got into the Shop and did some work on the Wolf . Couple more Days and should be done , maybe .
                Stay with it Randy . Merle

Comment

Hawaii is rated for its coffee drinkers...there are enough coffee drinkers and an attractive java culture here that rank it No. 6 2021’s Best Coffee Cities in America. AM coffee tastes good it is getting cooler and wet outside. I prefer a Kona or a coffee that comes from the UK.

They told us that to watch out for this year's winter La Niña will bring heavy rains, storms, and winds this winter. Which means road closures due to flash floods. Do not mind the major tree trimming time of year, but the clean-up and hauling are time-consuming.

Time to clean out those gutters on the house..YUK! Got into the shop and cleaned it up so I work in it,... yesterday. It was trashed due to a long line of repair jobs over the last months. Owl in the corner waving at me....hopeful chores will move faster today and can get in there for a little while.
                  Last edited by DiLeon; 10-20-2021, 01:03 PM.
                  . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Good coffee slurping morning! I actually have a choice of 2 roasters within 2 hours of my place. One is just a couple of miles away. I like the aroma and taste of dark roasts done in a Lagostina press. It's more of a ritual in the mornings but I don't seem to wake up with an urgent thirst any more.
                    S breeze all night, now +10C/50F and 5/10 clouds. 6-7' of snow up top in places now.
                    Brian T

Comment

Working...
                    X