No announcement yet.

Shopped for a car lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At $5 a gallon for premium here in California, when I go camping (towing a 6k pound trailer) it costs $265 to fill the tanks on my truck. And it gets 7 MPG. I've made some changes; might get it up to 8 MPG.

Comment

We made plans to move to Texas from Oregon 6 months ago, Randy. Prices of everything have gone up from food to tires, to rental trucks, etc. A friend moved from Oregon to another part of Texas and he paid $8,000 for a 26 ft. U-haul truck, one way.

We have a 1997 F-250 with a Power Stroke 7.3 liter diesel. We saw diesel prices fluctuate, but once in Texas they declined rapidly. Still higher than pre-COVID though.

Weather here is a lot better than the Oregon...for us.
      Bill
      Living among knives and fire.

Comment

Originally posted by woodburner807 View Post
        We made plans to move to Texas from Oregon 6 months ago, Randy. Prices of everything have gone up from food to tires, to rental trucks, etc. A friend moved from Oregon to another part of Texas and he paid $8,000 for a 26 ft. U-haul truck, one way.

We have a 1997 F-250 with a Power Stroke 7.3 liter diesel. We saw diesel prices fluctuate, but once in Texas they declined rapidly. Still higher than pre-COVID though.

Weather here is a lot better than the Oregon...for us.
        Bill I am a Texan in Alabama. When you get settled look into the Texas wood carvers guild. There are groups all over the state. Hopefully you will be in driving distance of one. I would love to move back to the Hill Country some were between San Antonio and Austin. It is really pretty.
        We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
        https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Thanks, Randy. As you know moving and settling in doesn't go as fast as we want. I will check them out.
          Bill
          Living among knives and fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

Bill I am a Texan in Alabama. When you get settled look into the Texas wood carvers guild. There are groups all over the state. Hopefully you will be in driving distance of one. I would love to move back to the Hill Country some were between San Antonio and Austin. It is really pretty.
            I lived in San Antonio and one of my brothers lived in Austin, so we went through the Hill Country often. Pretty country; I especially liked the area around New Braunfels.
            Arthur

Comment

Working...
            X