Like to Think of Myself as Merle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like to Think of Myself as Merle

Well first of all, we're both much older than many of you. In some respects we're "wearing out."
    A week ago I underwent a Watchman Procedure. It's a catheter-implanted device that closes off the left atrial appendage, a corner of the heart where blood clots form. It's a big step toward reducing stroke risk and stopping the use of blood thinners. I have to take it easy for a while, but I'm back to most of my (non-strenuous) activities.

Phil, good to learn the procedure went well. Take care of yourself, as we youngsters (I'm just 80) look to you elders for guidance!
    Arthur

Comment

As a just turned 78 I have to ditto Arthur's comment take it easy Pallin.
      Herb

Comment

Phil - when I was a young buck, I couldn't wait til I turned the big Five OH. . . . and now, 23.5 years later, I wish I had slowed down - way down, and smelled more roses in my journey.
        you are Blessed with awesome skills and good health - I wish you many more healthy and happy tomorrows.
        Retired Dimensional Graphics Artist (a/k/a Sign Carver)

Comment

Wow, get better soon! And yes, take it easy.

Comment

Those of us who were born in the first half of the last century our warranty has expired and things just do not work as well as they did. But medical science seems to keep many of us functioning. With steel hips, plastic teeth, glass lens in my eyes and a cpap I just keep carving.
            We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
            https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

You are doing really good for that procedure, my friend took a super long time to get out of the recliner. l believe those years and lessons in mountain climbing is good for the soul and willpower, it helps major in going around issues in our life.

Comment

Feeling like a young puppy still in my early sixties.
                Ed
                https://www.ebay.com/sch/bmart50/m.h...1&_ipg=&_from=
                Local club
                https://www.facebook.com/CentralNebraskaWoodCarvers

Comment

He** Ed, my son is as old as you, . Phil, I know you have me by a couple of years, and I hope all means well, But this sort of thing is another reason that I like this site. A little visiting, some carving, all good things to keep us going forward, be strong my friend
                  . . .JoeB

Comment

Feel better Phil

BobL

Comment

Best wishes Pallin! I hear you loud and clear and echo Randy's thoughts!

Comment

Heal fast Phil. Take it slow.
                        Carve On,
                        Kadiddle

Comment

Just seeing this now, Phil. Hope you are on the mend and can get back to your normal activities very soon.
                          My Website: www.carvingjunkies.com
                          Instagram
                          : https://www.instagram.com/carvingjunkies/
                          Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carvingjunkies/

Comment

Hi Phil,
                            Was flicking through some of your posts to see how your carving was coming along and only then found this post.

Just want to wish you all the very best and hope you make a full recovery so you can enjoy life to the max and continue to enthrall us all with the wonderful projects you undertake. Your use of contrast inspires me to try and create pieces with that aspect as a big part of the overall look of the piece.

Strokes are to be avoided at all costs. I had 2 transient ischemic attacks with the second one being a king hit. I was paralysed from the neck down and I couldn't focus that well as My cell phone was sitting in my hand but I couldn't feel it or see the numbers on it. Wanted to call my wife to say goodby as I didn't think I was going to make it. But you don't ever give in. Not ever. The doctors said it was a huge event as it affected both sides of my brain.

I held it together until they got me to the hospital just concentrating on breathing. As they took me out of the ambulance the stretcher collapsed and i went down that hard I bounced up in the air and back onto it again. The shock must have shaken something loose as I could feel everything coming back like a wave of feeling flowing through my body. If I attempted to move anything initially it either wouldn't move or went into what I could only describe as an epilleptic fit. But that came right within minutes of the big bounce.

Initial tests were not looking too good. "BUT" I came away from latest tests with the verdict that I had the heart of a 40 year old. So miracles do happen.

God worked his miracle for me that day as 5 hours later I was in the cafe having lunch and a coffee with my wife just prior to going home. I have been just 100% fine these last 16 years. I was 51 when this happened.

I hope god works his miracle for you as well and we have your company for many years to come. As Joe says "Be Strong"

Kindest regards and prayers

Glenn
                            Last edited by Glenn Jennings; 11-28-2021, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Dang! I'm only 35 and I was thinking the little details were getting hard to see. I sure hope I have another 50 years of carving in these hands and eyes!

Comment

Working...
                              X