• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Tom Ellis
    chipchaptom. Washington

• Tom Ellis
    replied
    Best wishes Phil, It is amazing how the doctors can keep us ticking. Hope you have a healthy holiday season.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Phil, didn't see this till today and sure glad you came thru your Ordeal feeling better . I just came from the VA. and should get a Truck load of Meds. tomorrow for Prep. H. Problems . Results from Bladder Operation , everything is OK and go back in January to Flush it out . Got you about 6 Months , you Young Bucks are still going strong . Enjoy your Trip with your Wife and Heal Quick . Merle

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Jennings

• Glenn Jennings
    replied
    Hi Pallin
    So glad to hear you are feeling good and are on the mend!!!! Have a great time on your trip. ENJOY!!!

Leave a comment:

• pallin
    Senior Member - Ventura

• pallin
    replied
    Thanks Glenn and all my friends on this site. It's a month (as of Tuesday) since the procedure and I'm feeling quite good. In mid-December they'll perform a TEE (Trans-Esophageal-Echocardiogram) to check if everything is the way it should be at 45 days. Then Mimi and I are taking the AMTRAK to Florida for several weeks, then back. All's well that ends well.

Leave a comment:

• Newsome Road

• Newsome Road
    replied
    Dang! I'm only 35 and I was thinking the little details were getting hard to see. I sure hope I have another 50 years of carving in these hands and eyes!

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Jennings

• Glenn Jennings
    replied
    Hi Phil,
    Was flicking through some of your posts to see how your carving was coming along and only then found this post.

Just want to wish you all the very best and hope you make a full recovery so you can enjoy life to the max and continue to enthrall us all with the wonderful projects you undertake. Your use of contrast inspires me to try and create pieces with that aspect as a big part of the overall look of the piece.

Strokes are to be avoided at all costs. I had 2 transient ischemic attacks with the second one being a king hit. I was paralysed from the neck down and I couldn't focus that well as My cell phone was sitting in my hand but I couldn't feel it or see the numbers on it. Wanted to call my wife to say goodby as I didn't think I was going to make it. But you don't ever give in. Not ever. The doctors said it was a huge event as it affected both sides of my brain.

I held it together until they got me to the hospital just concentrating on breathing. As they took me out of the ambulance the stretcher collapsed and i went down that hard I bounced up in the air and back onto it again. The shock must have shaken something loose as I could feel everything coming back like a wave of feeling flowing through my body. If I attempted to move anything initially it either wouldn't move or went into what I could only describe as an epilleptic fit. But that came right within minutes of the big bounce.

Initial tests were not looking too good. "BUT" I came away from latest tests with the verdict that I had the heart of a 40 year old. So miracles do happen.

God worked his miracle for me that day as 5 hours later I was in the cafe having lunch and a coffee with my wife just prior to going home. I have been just 100% fine these last 16 years. I was 51 when this happened.

I hope god works his miracle for you as well and we have your company for many years to come. As Joe says "Be Strong"

Kindest regards and prayers

Glenn
    Glenn Jennings
    Last edited by Glenn Jennings; 11-28-2021, 05:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JerseyGirl
    Love to carve

• JerseyGirl
    replied
    Just seeing this now, Phil. Hope you are on the mend and can get back to your normal activities very soon.

Leave a comment:

• Kadiddle
    Senior Member N.Y.

• Kadiddle
    replied
    Heal fast Phil. Take it slow.
    Carve On,
    Kadiddle

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    Super Moderator

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied
    Best wishes Pallin! I hear you loud and clear and echo Randy's thoughts!

Leave a comment:

• Just Carving
    WhittleBear Carver

• Just Carving
    replied
    Feel better Phil

BobL

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    He** Ed, my son is as old as you, . Phil, I know you have me by a couple of years, and I hope all means well, But this sort of thing is another reason that I like this site. A little visiting, some carving, all good things to keep us going forward, be strong my friend

Leave a comment:

• Nebraska
    AKA Ed

• Nebraska
    replied
    Feeling like a young puppy still in my early sixties.

Leave a comment:

• DiLeon
    Senior Member Hawaii

• DiLeon
    replied
    You are doing really good for that procedure, my friend took a super long time to get out of the recliner. l believe those years and lessons in mountain climbing is good for the soul and willpower, it helps major in going around issues in our life.

Leave a comment:

• Randy

• Randy
    replied
    Those of us who were born in the first half of the last century our warranty has expired and things just do not work as well as they did. But medical science seems to keep many of us functioning. With steel hips, plastic teeth, glass lens in my eyes and a cpap I just keep carving.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Lightning
    Steven

• Dark Lightning
    replied
    Wow, get better soon! And yes, take it easy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X