They do not forget,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They do not forget,

No matter the name they gave the war or the years that have passed since the Veterans stood on the field of battle their memory is fresh. They have not forgotten the exhilaration and the simultaneous wave of fear that rolls though their soul in that first engagement. They have not forgotten the first time they heard the bullet as it struck the man that had been standing next to them. They have not forgotten the way the ground quivered as artillery fell peppering the area around them or the ringing in their ears as the sound surrounded them. They have not forgotten sound of men dying or the stench from days of death. They have not forgotten the hollow look in the eyes of those still standing as the smoke cleared or the over whelming relief it had all stopped, if only for the moment. No matter if this was felt once or a hundred times they have not forgotten. Because of this they should never be forgotten. The men and women that believed we as a country were worth the sacrifice that comes from those haunting memories that they carry for their lifetime, along with whatever physical sacrifices they may have made. Too often when the parades are over, and flags have stopped waving the Veteran becomes a passing thought that’s brought out each November 11th. And yet many would answer the call when it comes again. They have not forgotten why they were there. In the years to come add those Veteran’s to that daily prayer. They have earned it.
    A USMC Sergeant
    Sempr Fi
    Last edited by Randy; 11-11-2021, 10:21 AM.
    We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
    https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

I posted this on my Facebook page yesterday. I thought that it is worth repeating here!

"During my 76-years of life I’ve worked in a lot of jobs; an automobile wrecking yard, a grocery clerk for a couple of chain stores, an A/C Mechanic, an Engineering Technician/draftsman/construction manager, and I taught karate and worked as an office manager in the karate school. However, I’m no longer any of those. Each is becoming just a distant memory. But what I am, and will never lose sight of, is a military veteran. Today I had to run a couple of errands and at each stop I ran across other veterans, old men whose only clue to their sacrifice and service was what was printed on their caps or worn on their T-shirts. In each case we stopped, thanked each other for their service or simply mouthed two very important words….. “Welcome Home!” At no point in my life have I ever felt camaraderie like that with other veterans. It might be difficult for civilians to understand the bond that is experienced among those that have served. But it is a bond that stays fast for a veteran’s entire life. A bond that is treasured and that only two percent of Americans will ever have the honor and pleasure of sharing."

Happy Veterans Day!

Comment

I was never called on to bare the task
      Never needed to walk in the boots
      Didn’t have to experience or see the sites they endured

Thank you to those who did

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy-Smiles View Post
        I posted this on my Facebook page yesterday. I thought that it is worth repeating here!

"During my 76-years of life I’ve worked in a lot of jobs; an automobile wrecking yard, a grocery clerk for a couple of chain stores, an A/C Mechanic, an Engineering Technician/draftsman/construction manager, and I taught karate and worked as an office manager in the karate school. However, I’m no longer any of those. Each is becoming just a distant memory. But what I am, and will never lose sight of, is a military veteran. Today I had to run a couple of errands and at each stop I ran across other veterans, old men whose only clue to their sacrifice and service was what was printed on their caps or worn on their T-shirts. In each case we stopped, thanked each other for their service or simply mouthed two very important words….. “Welcome Home!” At no point in my life have I ever felt camaraderie like that with other veterans. It might be difficult for civilians to understand the bond that is experienced among those that have served. But it is a bond that stays fast for a veteran’s entire life. A bond that is treasured and that only two percent of Americans will ever have the honor and pleasure of sharing."

Happy Veterans Day!
        Amen brother Veteran!

Happy Veterans Day to all my fellow Veterans!

Rob Robison (1972 to 1976 Veteran)

Comment

What-Is-A-Veteran-Poster_-Veteran-Poster_-Soldier-Poster_-Wall-Decor_-Home-Decor_-Veteran-Art-Print_54038260.jpg
          May we always remember those who walk in these shoes.
          Attached Files
          . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

All of these post are heartfelt and very well stated. Thank you to each of you who have served. Those who serve should always be remembered and honored for their time served. God bless each of you.

Jim

Comment

I am late to the party, here, but I agree with everything. My dad was a D-day guy, landing on Utah Beach, and eventually getting hurt during the breakout in the Battle of St. Lo. Spent 6 months in a hospital until he was released in January of '45, came home, married my mom on February 25th, 1945, then shipped out to a VA hospital in Modesto, CA for another 6 months of surgery and inpatient care.

He died young, at 56, in 1977. NEVER talked about what he went through. My wife and I visited Normandy in 2015, re-traced his steps, and brought back some sand from Utah Beach for my 93 year old mother...we should never forget any veteran's sacrifice...

Comment

Thank you, Randy!

Claude
                USN vet 1966-1976
                My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Working...
                X