WOW, December 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW, December 1

And a beautiful day in lower Alabama! I sitting on the porch with a hot cup of coffee watching my dog playing like she can get to those squirrels that are sitting in the tree laughing at her and a free day to spend in the shop. Who could want more? Hope you all have a great day!
    We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
    https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Same to you Randy!

Comment

Hi Randy, glad your having a Good Day and mine is starting off nice also . 45 Degs. now and maybe hitting 50 Degs . Might even try to take a Small Walk later . Merle

Comment

One of the finer parts of the day is coffee and the view in the sunrise on the porch...snuggled up with the five outdoor cats who have their own patio chairs.... It is has been raining like predicted this year. In fact, we have been seeing some really dark days last few weeks. Thunderstorms and flash flood warnings blasting on the phone right now. And it going to last for over a week and a half. As all kinds of fronts hit us, winter storms can be really bad here. So for a moment a bit of color and sunshine and peaceful gratitude. Warm fuzzy moments count....hope your day is full of them. sunrise-view-from-the.jpg
        . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Hi Di, Love the Smell of Coffee but never got the in the Habit of Drinking it , even my time in the Navy . Sounds Calming and Peaceful . Have a Good one . Merle

Comment

Originally posted by DiLeon View Post

One of the finer parts of the day is coffee and the view in the sunrise on the porch...snuggled up with the five outdoor cats who have their own patio chairs.... It is has been raining like predicted this year. In fact, we have been seeing some really dark days last few weeks. Thunderstorms and flash flood warnings blasting on the phone right now. And it going to last for over a week and a half. As all kinds of fronts hit us, winter storms can be really bad here. So for a moment a bit of color and sunshine and peaceful gratitude. Warm fuzzy moments count....hope your day is full of them. sunrise-view-from-the.jpg
            Now that’s a view!!

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
              Hi Di, Love the Smell of Coffee but never got the in the Habit of Drinking it , even my time in the Navy . Sounds Calming and Peaceful . Have a Good one . Merle
              I hated coffee when I was younger. But working double shifts or more, at times it was the only thing that kept me awake at night...today I am addicted to it.

Comment

Beautiful day here in Louisiana...75 degrees, sunny with some puffy white clouds in a brilliant blue sky...just finished my afternoon cup of coffee and chicory. Took my dog Charlie for an extra stroll through the boulevard of oak trees by our house (he asked me to), just too pretty to stay inside. Like Randy's pooch, Charlie went nuts after the squirrels chasing through the trees...hope springs eternal in his breast. What a fine day to be alive!
                Arthur

Comment

Right now 60° here in Sparks, NV. Got a good night's rest, got the mark-up back from my some Jeff. He brought some bark from the cabin site at Helen, MT. I think it's going a bit different from the CW bark that I'm used to carving. What I'm going to try and design is a three-part sign for the cabin wall.
                  I'll separate the bark into its ribs, then in one rib, I'll put "Brown's" the name of Tammie folks. In the other, I put "B&B Log Cabin". In the third piece which I'm going to use a bark on a basswood slab, I'm going to try and put an image of the picture Jeff had sent of the cabin.

The words I'm going to try and fill will acrylic pours of silver/white & blue.

This should keep busy for a while. Sorry for the rambling, helped get the plan straight in my head.

. . .JoeB

Comment

We are six hours in time difference from eastern time. NOAA radio blasting disaster messages of landslides and flash flooding and a blizzard warning 100 mph winds and up to 12 inch of snow... for the big island volcano which is making national news today. Yes we have snow in the summits. And we are going to have a week of this weather. So it is early AM and it is pouring outside the interesting part is we have fronts hitting from different directions,....one hour ago it was coming from the south....now it coming in from the north and a few hours another front from the west will hit. So I am chasing windows open and shut. Good day for coffee it is 73 degrees. Hope you having a good day....post photos I love seeing them. Mahalo
                    Last edited by DiLeon; 12-03-2021, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Hi Randy
                      Those days when they come and all is right with the world are a slice of heaven to be enjoyed to the max and coffee!!! well that's the icing on the cake!!. hehehehe Enjoy buddy!!

Today is the 4th dec and in Auckland NZ we have a lightly overcast day warm with relatively high humidity and a 5 knot breeze so not all bad.

Hi Dileon
                      Be safe with all that going on!!!! Hope you get through it without any disasters coming your way.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Jennings View Post
                        Hi Randy
                        Those days when they come and all is right with the world are a slice of heaven to be enjoyed to the max and coffee!!! well that's the icing on the cake!!. hehehehe Enjoy buddy!!

Today is the 4th dec and in Auckland NZ we have a lightly overcast day warm with relatively high humidity and a 5 knot breeze so not all bad.

Hi Dileon
                        Be safe with all that going on!!!! Hope you get through it without any disasters coming your way.
                        You know what the latest worry today is....the Pearl Harbor Navy and Amy base has petroleum in the water enough of it to smell and see it, and shut down water for 93000 people ...lots of sick people, sick dogs, and cats .....and it seems to be going into other areas??. Now people are screaming what about the rest of the island? So the big question how in the heck did petroleum get into the water and is it the underground water going to affect the rest of us. Good thing I live on the rainy side of the island I may have to hook in a water catchment system if this gets worst,.... but I do not think we are hooked into Honolulu underground water system? But the whole thing sure sounds fishy to me. and latest our water supply are shutting down another 80,000 in urban Honolulu and going to try to pump from other resources.
                        Last edited by DiLeon; 12-03-2021, 07:06 PM.

Comment

You know what the latest worry today is....the Pearl Harbor Navy and Amy base has petroleum in the water enough of it to smell and see it, and shut down water for 93000 people ...lots of sick people, sick dogs, and cats .....and it seems to be going into other areas??. Now people are screaming what about the rest of the island? So the big question how in the heck did petroleum get into the water and is it the underground water going to affect the rest of us. Good thing I live on the rainy side of the island I may have to hook in a water catchment system if this gets worst,.... but I do not think we are hooked into Honolulu underground water system? But the whole thing sure sounds fishy to me. and latest our water supply are shutting down another 80,000 in urban Honolulu and going to try to pump from other resources.
                          Petroleum in water supplies is a major issue. It is generally traced back to a leaking petrol tank leaking into an underground catchment or river from which the water is drawn. We had this issue in Christchurch and one underground supply had to be shut down never to be used again. It won't be an easy fix that is for sure.

With underground supplies the water when it gets to the point where it is pumped out can be many years old and 100% bacteria free. The problem is that if the water is 20 years old when you pump it and all of a sudden it is comtaminated The contamination could have occured a long time ago and continued for a long time as it only just got to the exrtraction point.

In the present situation it sounds recent and local and high volume if they can see and smell it which would suggest a high volume leak not far from the water extraction point I would think. Hope they get it sorted quickly . Best of luck to those in this area. Stock up on bottled water if you can.

Comment

They have had large oil and fuel storage tank around Pearl sense the 30’s when the move the fleet there. God only knows how much has leaked into the underground water in that volcanic soil.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Jennings View Post

Petroleum in water supplies is a major issue. It is generally traced back to a leaking petrol tank leaking into an underground catchment or river from which the water is drawn. We had this issue in Christchurch and one underground supply had to be shut down never to be used again. It won't be an easy fix that is for sure.

With underground supplies the water when it gets to the point where it is pumped out can be many years old and 100% bacteria free. The problem is that if the water is 20 years old when you pump it and all of a sudden it is comtaminated The contamination could have occured a long time ago and continued for a long time as it only just got to the exrtraction point.

In the present situation it sounds recent and local and high volume if they can see and smell it which would suggest a high volume leak not far from the water extraction point I would think. Hope they get it sorted quickly. Best of luck to those in this area. Stock up on bottled water if you can.
                              It is bad they showed it on tv...you could see it floating on top of the water...someone took it a lab to sample It is diesel,...(as the Navy got their tail between their legs). The issue is State and Federal in the same area...both pump from the same underground source, and the stateside just shut down pumping from that area. Plus that means the ocean side all the way from base to downtown, to the end of Honolulu Waikiki. Do they have diesel in their water...they are not saying. Looks like the animals on base,.. started getting sick about three weeks ago, this week people. They just started pulling people off base putting them into hotels because you can not wash with it, or anything.
                              Right now the state is yelling at the government and asking them what they are going to do? I do not see this as good. Watching it, another monkey show, and they say little as possible and look their normal stupid self. Our water system is barely functional due to the massive growth of population,....they shut down two areas and try to pump from other places it is not going to work in my book of wisdom. The system is old and breaking all over the darn place the last ten years. I hate the fact we are a tourist economy...and they are not giving out information so everyone is yelling and no one knows much you have to read between the lines here.
                              The government thought that pandemic was destroying our economy....wait and see what it does when you got bad water in your number one tourist area, your only major city, plus two bases.

I store large amounts of water due to hurricanes, plus I live in a rainforest, I can set up a small water catchment have the filters in storage,....I do have a plan for emergency no water, tsunami, earthquake, no electricity, flash flood, hurricane, and no road. My home can go off-grid as I know poop happens in good ole Hawaii, LOL ..., thank goodness I do not live in the people zoo Honolulu... anymore.

I agree it must be leaking a long time ago. Bottle water if people get spooked will not be available, hurricane they clean out the bottled water, things like that come on ships here, with the new shipping issues....does not look good no matter how you cut it. Diesel in your underwater system yikes....worst thing about us...is volcano rock underneath...has tons of caves, tons of porous rock. Seems to me diesel could move from one area to another easily....but will have to see. My water is clean (hopeful) rainforest underground system, but I worry about the state major trying to pump from our area, with an old really bad system...yea right. This monkey show in the future will be interesting to watch the state beat the crap out of the government in their normal blame shame way.

Comment

Working...
                              X