Prayers & Best Wishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers & Best Wishes

Prayers and best wishes for all those in the path of the sworm of tornados that hit last night in middle south. Hope everyone including any of our fellow carvers are getting any help they my require. I was in Lubbock Texas in 1970 a few days after a F5 took out a large area. The damage was unbelievable. On the Gulf Coast we get some warning with hurricans. You are lucky to get 15 min of warning with tornados.
    Last edited by Claude; 12-11-2021, 07:42 PM.
    We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
    https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

I associate myself with your words

Comment

We were very lucky in Murfreesboro, Tn. Just north and west a little got slamed. Kingston Spring got smashed. As well Bowling Green Ky got hit hard also. It hit here around 3 to 4. 70 degrees at 2 and 3 am is really not good in December.
      Prayers for all those hit.

Rob

Comment

I was sitting in a ditch with an umbrella when an F5 hit back in 1974 in Ohio I was walking to school my senior year. The sky was blue and ten minutes it was so black it was like nighttime. I was in the middle of cornfields no place to run. 150 tornados were reported that day across the US and Canada. The F5 tornado missed me, other than getting hit with small hail, I was fine. But that tornado hit the town past me and injured 1500 people and killed 37 in that small town. The worst thing about that time there were no warning systems. I never forget that day that totally black sky above me.

It looked like a huge vacumn cleaner hit that town, with no debris, no houses ..nothing. Like the wizard of oz took those houses and clean blocks and blocks of houses that 100 percent disappeared. Think that is why I have such an interest in Meteorology and disaster issues. I grew up living with the darn things... Tornados hit often. They still are a major force to reckon with. All I got to say is if you live through one, you never forget it, damage is massive and so very fast...almost too fast to run. Prayers out to all who have to deal with it.
        . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

211211-kentucky-tornado-ew-1026a-a28013.jpgIt looks super bad in lots of areas...got to know when trains are flying in the air like in Kentucky you got one powerful storm. It even killed an Amazon plant in IL. Mass deaths in a candle-making plant.
          . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

It is hard to imagine the damage & aftermath that a tornado can, was only close to one once, but it took better than a week for the small farm/ranch community to get "kind of" put back together.
            . . .JoeB

Comment

Yes my sister lived 5 miles from the Amazon Bldg. in Illinois that went down.Yes our prayers are for the Family and Emergency Responders.
              Mark N. Akers
              My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

It is hard to understand the reality of what it is really like If you have not been there. When a whole neighborhood or town is just not there anymore it is a loss that pulls at your whole being. Whether fire, tornato, hurricanes or what ever. Adding loss of a love one is soul wrenching. They will need all the support and prayers they can get.
                We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
                https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

I woke up from the wind this morning – which hasn’t happened in Chattanooga, TN since I’ve been here (8 mo from NY). My girlfriend had been woken up a few hours earlier from calls from both of our parents asking what our emergency plan was. Luckily Chattanooga is in a 'bowl' surrounded by pseudo-mountains. Pain inflicted from weather is a tragedy. I think Randy's last message put it best.

Comment

I have a granddaughter in Paducah, Kentucky...a little town twenty minutes away from her looks like it was carpet bombed. The power of tornados is unbelievable. Needless to say, there were many killed and injured. I'll take our hurricanes any day, at least we know they're coming and can prepare or leave.
                    Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur C. View Post
                      I have a granddaughter in Paducah, Kentucky...a little town twenty minutes away from her looks like it was carpet bombed. The power of tornados is unbelievable. Needless to say, there were many killed and injured. I'll take our hurricanes any day, at least we know they're coming and can prepare or leave.
                      Arthur...That's the first thing that I thought of. The video that I was looking at last night looked like the remnants of an Arc-Light Strike.

Comment

Working...
                      X