Grim reaper laughing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grim reaper laughing

Do you ever feel like the grim reaper is standing on top of your house laughing at you at times? Got in the car to do monthly shopping and errands. The car battery was dead....time for a new battery its old...unpacked the coolers for the frozen stuff, etc back into the house. Called a friend who is running into the big city will stop to get a new battery for me tomorrow. Let's see this month I have a proxxon angle grinder that caught on fire, The DVD in the woodshop kicked the bucket...lucky that I got an extra one, another tooth fell out, and my favorite shoes also decided to kick the bucket. The state of Hawaii is going to make you get a booster and I can not get one due to the bad reaction that I had, ....is my hair falling out yet??? The fact money does not grow on trees...got me mumbling again. Poop happening too much this month. Scared to go into the woodshop owl might crack in half....joking but it feels that way.
    . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Ah crap, and I was just thinking the same thing about some other items. Not to note. But am sorry you are going through that . You have a lot of support here, wish there was something we all could do.
    Grim Reaper, no but that car You can call it Carrie.
    Cheer up, I hope.
    Chuck
    Last edited by NoDNA; 01-26-2022, 04:12 PM.
    Chuck
    Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

I don't know about the Grim Reaper but Murphy sure has showed up a lot lately!

Comment

I understand Di. I have had a year of that. I told my wife I was ready for few weeks of calm. That was the day before the refrigerator became insulated storage cabnet.
        We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
        https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Is there not some addendum to Murphy's Law of Dumb Things that fits in here?

I wear flannel cloth-lined denim blue jeans in the winters here. Nearly wind proof and keep my legs warm in the house. Put on a fresh pair and POP! the metal waist band button decides to come apart in 2 pieces. Reassembly impossible. Discarded coat button?
          OK, the other pair, can't do up the waist band button. Turns out that the button hole is worn out 5X bigger than new. Leather and pop rivets?

Without that button, the zipper opens by itself and if it weren't for the belt, my pants would be down around my knees. Little bit too chilly for our climate just now.
          Supper time and I'm still in my PJ's.
          Brian T

Comment

I'm laughing my butt off, not at you with you. Is more happening to us or is it just our disposition reacting differently than it use to??????, I know the blue smoke rolls out my studio in a steady haze anymore
            . . .JoeB

Comment

I had a friend who said " Cheer up,... it could be worse,..... so I cheered up and sure enough, things got worse "...

I know times are rough, but we are ( carvers) the lucky ones. We've got our hobby to keep our minds occupied and off current issues,........ Everyone go to your happy place and make the chips fly.....
              Wayne
              If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Di,

Sometimes it does feel like life is piling on. Hope things start going your way.

Comment

Yep, know the feeling...for past 30 days, had foot surgery, microwave died, then coffee maker died, frostless freezer is freezing up, had a wreck on my ebike, dog had $500+ dental bill, wife and I came down with covid.

But as the old saying goes, "I was sad that I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet." Feeling grateful for the many blessings that we have!
                  Arthur

Comment

Hi Everyone , Beautiful day here in Maryland but COLD. Looks like a Beautiful Summer Day , Blue Skys, nice White Clouds 20 Degs.now, was 0 Degs. this Mourning. Might try to get in the Shop later and do some Carving. Finally getting the Best of this Flu. Thought I'de add some Positive Thoughts and maybe Inspire and Entice Someone to get back to Carving and start feeling Better .

Comment

Di just think this artic blast is not going to hit, you are not shoveling snow or worried about heat going out in a power outage due to ice breaking limbs. It's easy to say look at the bright side but not always easy to do it. Murphy was an optimist.

Comment

Originally posted by BobW View Post
                        Di just think this artic blast is not going to hit, you are not shoveling snow or worried about heat going out in a power outage due to ice breaking limbs. It's easy to say look at the bright side but not always easy to do it. Murphy was an optimist.
                        Nope, no snow....just an earthquake that woke me up two nights ago, tsunami alarms this month from Tonga, and a bad winter storm this time we did not lose electricity...but it will happen in the future and our worst pandemic surge ever now figures there is no place totally safe from various elements. but....I remember well that weather in fact the month I left the mainland it was 20 below zero for the whole month of January. I was cutting wood daily for the wood stove for my studio. I remember as a child we got caught on the school bus a major blizzard in which the school bus got stuck, later in the dark we all held hands could not see the person in front of us the snow was blowing so bad and walked to a farmhouse, and stayed a whole week with a farmer and his wife before we could leave. I love it when the black ice got on the country roads so we could go ice skating. I never minded the cold then but living here I can not stand anything below 70 anymore will see me running around with a big sweater on and wool knit hat, the body does not remember how to heat itself. The car is fixed, monthly shopping is done... A neighbor orders my new shoes in trade for a small carving. Owl DYI materials for making your own glass-looking eyes came in the mail....so I and the cats are mellow out again. Tomorrow finally back to carving.
                        . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Hi, Di, you are one Tough Lady, but still a Peach, stay Safe . Merle

Comment

Hang in there, Di - We had several nights in the past fortnight that were below 32°F - My blood thinned enough that I don't like the cold anymore either. I run around the house with a down vest on much of the time in the winter. I know I could turn up the heat more, but it feels better to complain and wear the vest!
                            My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                            My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                            My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                            My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Originally posted by DiLeon View Post
                              Do you ever feel like the grim reaper is standing on top of your house laughing at you at times? Got in the car to do monthly shopping and errands. The car battery was dead....time for a new battery its old...unpacked the coolers for the frozen stuff, etc back into the house. Called a friend who is running into the big city will stop to get a new battery for me tomorrow. Let's see this month I have a proxxon angle grinder that caught on fire, The DVD in the woodshop kicked the bucket...lucky that I got an extra one, another tooth fell out, and my favorite shoes also decided to kick the bucket. The state of Hawaii is going to make you get a booster and I can not get one due to the bad reaction that I had, ....is my hair falling out yet??? The fact money does not grow on trees...got me mumbling again. Poop happening too much this month. Scared to go into the woodshop owl might crack in half....joking but it feels that way.
                              Know how you feel.
                              One day I was washing my truck and the wife came running out of the garage surrounded by a swarm of termites. Called the exterminator. A few days later the the washing machine was leaking. Thought that was due to the water pressure regulator coming into the house had gone or was going out. We had suddenly got GREAT water pressure. Called the plumber. Washer still leaking. Washer repair person said they could fix the leak but my washer's transmission was leaking oil. New washer time. Then we had a circuit go out in the kitchen. Called the electrician.

Tried to stay away from power tools and traffic for a few weeks.
                              Last edited by PHolder; 01-28-2022, 04:00 PM.
                              https://www.triadwoodcarvers.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X