Thank You For The Prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You For The Prayers

I wanted to take just a moment to Thank all of those who messaged me and those who didnt who told me they were praying for my sister ..

I had mentioned in a thread earlier that my sister had been diagnosised with a a very deadly form of ovarian cancer and most of the doctors didnt have much hope for her recovery .. It had already spread to the fatty tissue and just above her colon ..

But not to loose hope , we kept our faith up and she went to the M.D. Anderson Cancer in Houston Texas .. Their prognosis wasnt the best .. but they said .. lets wait and see ..

Well after three chemo treatments and her surgery the other day .. The doctors were elated .. It seems when the doctors went in to remove the tumors .. the tumors had shrung so much that they told us they had trouble finding them in surgery .. The medicine had worked for her !... They were like little kids in a toy store talking about how happy they were in seeing this ..

She was scheduled to stay in the hospital 7 days and they let her go in four becuse she was recovering so well .. They said that probably with 3 more treatments as a preventive method .. They have hope that she will be in total remission ..

Now that is blessed news .. Thank our Lord ..

I remember sitting with her one night while she recovered and slept and I found a small block of wood in my whittling box and I sat whittling a little 2 inch hobo while counting our blessings ...

I think Iam going to put the date on him and when and where I carved him .. and use him to remind me of a special time of blessing in my famlies life ..

Thank you all so much for your prayers and thought's .. God Bless all of you ..

Gene

Re: Thank You For The Prayers

Wonderful news about your sister, Gene. Your little hobo has much meaning for you and your sister for years to come. Best wishes for a continuing recovery and God does listen to our prayers.
    Best,
    Kathy

Comment

Wonderful news, Gene. More praise for Christ. Let's remember to thank Him too. Many thanks to you for keeping us updated.

Comment

Great news Gene! for your sister and you. Perhaps you'll keep the little hobo in your pocket as a reminder of the power of faith. Kinda like a lucky coin or token. Course after a while it would not be a flat plane carving, but a smoothie stylized one.

Tom H
        http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Gene

Great News! I pray it all works out. And Indeed a very special piece !

Garry

Comment

Prayers do work don't they Gene. So glad to here your sister is recovering. That will make for a special Thanksgiving this year. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Merle

Comment

gene,

glad to hear your sister is doing well,we will continue to pray for her.

bart

Comment

Gene,
                missed the post on your sister........but so very glad to hear of her survival...Never underestimate the power of prayer. Gods blessing on you both.
                John.
                p.s. Thanks for your P.M.

Comment

I hope things continue to improve for her Gene. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.
                  Ron

Comment

Thats terrific....The Lord comes through again!
                    "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Gene, faith and prayer will always work.

Arnold

Comment

Wonderful news, Gene! Let's all keep up the prayers for speedy recovery and continued improvement!

Claude
                        My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                        My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                        My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                        My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Glad to hear the great news! We'll keep on praying!

Comment

Gene,
                            Glad to hear the great news. Will keep you and your sister in my prayers.
                            Mary

Comment

Gene I am so happy for your family. We serve a God that is able. In his wisdom he decides how to respond to our prayers. I thank God that he was gracious to your sister.

Great carving too

Greg

Comment

Working...
                              X