Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring? Winter? Will Mother Nature Please Make Up Her Mind!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Danibeth
    Hehehehehe Forgive my mirth but we visited cave creek in Arizona on a birding trip and on arrival there was a guy out in the blazing sun swinging a pick axe at rock hard ground like his life depended on it. Late afternoon he planted a whole lot of flowers. when morning came the whole lot had been mowed flat to ground level not so much as a leaf to be seen and there were lots of deer prints all around the place. I felt so sorry for the poor guy.

I didn't have the heart to tell him this is why god let us create crossbows and silencers for small rifles. Nice and quiet and non the wiser for the demise of said meat!!!!

Just had 2 hind quarters made up into sausages. VERY NICE I might add!!!

gas is US $7.21 a us gallon here now was US $7.86 but they cut the tax on it for a while to take the load off. Inflation is going to rocket before too long I think.

Comment

Frontpage news today, climate change for houses and main highway/ only road falling into the ocean. New waves and tides are destroying both, places that had beaches are going and are now filled with water. This highway is the only road between the ocean and the mountain. Either they are going to have to build a new highway on the mountain and the telling people to move their houses off the beach fronts before the ocean eats them. Lots of really angry people are getting upset at the state as it is illegal to build a wall, change the sand, and add rocks to the oceanfront due to the fact it does nothing to fix the problem.

Glenn, we do not have deer on this island, a major issue on Molokai. But the wild pigs and wild chickens do a lot of damage. Pigs can dig up the whole garden in one night.
      . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Used to be a song, " don't worry, be happy, " , and happy music played along with drums and such.

At 80 My stiff upper lip is turning into a quaver and wondering about our great grandkids' future, which is ?? We have lived in the most wonderful times folks and I cannot be too worried any more, about "the now aspect" .

Now this "warming stuff". When I was about 8-9 in Nebraska, around this time of year 4-5 ft snow drifts were common, In July of 58' I was roofing a house in northern Colorado, about noon I looked to the north, I told the rest of the crew I was going home, they asked why, I told them that we were going to get hit with a blizzard. Most did not believe me, before we made it 10 miles there was 10 inches snow on the ground. and blowing towards Denver and 2 days of below freezing weather.

I don't remember my folks too concerned about the weather and it hasn't Just started, this has been coming on for several thousands of years IMHO and with so many people on our planet and keeping up with birthing's?

Who's to know? And once these prices are in place, they will never be back down to the same. My wife calls me a naysayer, my brother calls me too much of a realest in thinking this way.

BUT wait who started this any way?? My Mom always said " Cheer up things could be worse, and they did"..

Have a wonderful week all and please take care , life is good even if we all have our aches, pains, stupid laws and insane governments. And real crappy weather.

I have to be happy all the time or the mirror would throw a rock at me.
        Cheers all.
        Chuck
        Chuck
        Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

Hi Di
          Chickens make a good roast and pigs also make great sausages. !!! Just a thought hehehe Take care, hope you are managing ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Jennings View Post
            Hi Di
            Chickens make a good roast and pigs also make great sausages. !!! Just a thought hehehe Take care, hope you are managing ok.
            The way I see it: I've been in a few disasters and more but there is no panic and fear in these events... either you show up or lay down and die. I believe hard times are coming and I am ahead of game at this point in spite of major health issues. Dad raised us, kids like there was a great depression going on. Mom taught us how to clean animals to cook. You should have seen the chicken lesson, mom cuts the head off, the chick jumps down from the chopping block and now the chicken is running headless in the yard. And you got five children screaming bloody murder from watching the horror show in real life. but...I am grateful today for the training.

Di is vegan due to chronic pain issues (yes it major helps), and cats do not eat pork but wild meat makes great barter items. The way I see it is things are not good around the world right now and there is no crystal ball predicting our future, a war with a guy threaten to use his nukes, a pandemic that can turn bad any time is still out there killing off people, crime is beginning to look like the wild, wild west here... and this year's major inflation. I had to laugh when the government said inflation this year was 8.5 percent, any darn fool can see the cost of survival has doubled almost and they are saying you have seen nothing this is just beginning. Our government both sides believes people are stupid and treat them like such. Right now the only ones awake are people who major read and farmers as their costs of farming have doubled also. The farmers that I know, are very concerned. Not me, I trudge down the road of destiny, fall on my face on occasion, get back up and keep going. I am one person who knows five ways to cook without fuel, how to get water when there is zero including getting the salt out of saltwater to drink, how to survive when there is no help and how to build a home if one falls down.

Chuck is singing don't worry, be happy song. I am singing this is my fight song.
            . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Originally posted by DiLeon View Post

Mom taught us how to clean animals to cook. You should have seen the chicken lesson, mom cuts the head off, the chick jumps down from the chopping block and now the chicken is running headless in the yard. And you got five children screaming bloody murder from watching the horror show in real life. but...I am grateful today for the training.
              Di...that brings back memories! Only we would butcher 30-40 fryers at a time...our backyard looked like a battlefield from 'Braveheart'! Headless chickens jumping around the yard...

I can close my eyes and still smell the wet feathers as they were dunked in the scalding water to be picked clean! On the flip side, one has not lived until you have tasted fried chicken from a bird that was alive in the morning and on your plate in the evening!...
              Last edited by tbox61; 04-13-2022, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DiLeon View Post

The way I see it: I've been in a few disasters and more but there is no panic and fear in these events... either you show up or lay down and die. I believe hard times are coming and I am ahead of game at this point in spite of major health issues. Dad raised us, kids like there was a great depression going on. Mom taught us how to clean animals to cook. You should have seen the chicken lesson, mom cuts the head off, the chick jumps down from the chopping block and now the chicken is running headless in the yard. And you got five children screaming bloody murder from watching the horror show in real life. but...I am grateful today for the training.

Di is vegan due to chronic pain issues (yes it major helps), and cats do not eat pork but wild meat makes great barter items. The way I see it is things are not good around the world right now and there is no crystal ball predicting our future, a war with a guy threaten to use his nukes, a pandemic that can turn bad any time is still out there killing off people, crime is beginning to look like the wild, wild west here... and this year's major inflation. I had to laugh when the government said inflation this year was 8.5 percent, any darn fool can see the cost of survival has doubled almost and they are saying you have seen nothing this is just beginning. Our government both sides believes people are stupid and treat them like such. Right now the only ones awake are people who major read and farmers as their costs of farming have doubled also. The farmers that I know, are very concerned. Not me, I trudge down the road of destiny, fall on my face on occasion, get back up and keep going. I am one person who knows five ways to cook without fuel, how to get water when there is zero including getting the salt out of saltwater to drink, how to survive when there is no help and how to build a home if one falls down.

Chuck is singing don't worry, be happy song. I am singing this is my fight song.
                Di, am sorry I wish I could understand her words, I am hard of hearing and no close captioning on the words. With all the bad out there we have to make what we can with what we have. At my age, I wish there were things I could change, but the water is under the bridge.
                Do take care.
                C
                Chuck
                Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy-Smiles View Post
                  Anyone that denies climate change has been smoking too much wacky weed! What a crazy winter/spring. 86 degrees one day, 69 degrees the next. Now these temps might not be bad north of the Mason Dixon but they're crazy for us southern boys and girls. Last night the temperature dropped down to the point where even my hot blooded wife had to get up in the middle of the night and turn the heat on. And I think it was only the second night since last November that I crawled underneath the blankets instead of sleeping on top. Our heat of the summer hades will soon be upon us and these days of crazy highs and lows will soon be fond memories but it still makes one wonder what is Mother Nature thinking?....

Yup, specially with this snow storm that hit midwest US and Canada.... I heard in the news that Winnipeg was bracing first for the snow storm that is historic (last one this bad was in the 90's) and then for floods because it's not winter and the snow will melt faster now in spring.... yeah.. it sounds crazy but then again that's climate change for us

Comment

Working...
                  X