Heads Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads Up!

Just a heads up to all. I am now 55-hours on the backside of my 4th COVID shot (second Booster) and if you've read where it will have no more side effects than the first shot, you might want to disregard that information. Now, I'm fully aware that everyone is different but I can tell you from my wife and my personal experience that the 4th shot gives quite a kick. I have a 3-month cancer check up tomorrow and I'm so glad that I allowed three days between the shot and the check-up. My advice is that if you still work to get the shot after you get off work on Friday and have a couple of days to rest-up. If you're retired like we are you might want to think about not planning anything else for the rest of the week. COVID entertained us with fatigue, headache, muscle and joint pain, chills, fever, sweating, nausea, dizziness, and decreased appetite. If COVID was an entertainment park it would have a 5-Star review! If the side effects from the COVID Vax are just a sample of what a full blown COVID case brings, we'll be first in line when it comes time to receive a 5th booster.

I had no problems first shot but very bad side effects from the second shot and did not get a booster for that reason as my problems lasted six months. Medicine thinks my body's immune system attacked the vaccine. My sister got a booster although, both her and her husband where bad sick for four days both of them were respiratory therapists who worked pandemics MERS and SARS in hospital, now retired but.... They were major upset about the side effects.
    . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

I will get the 4th one I think. But I have been reading different reports on it and to say it is a confusing pile of paper is an understatement. If I understand , 4 months after the 3rd booster the protection from has fallen. The 4th shot bumps it back to levels lost. But it only stays there for about 4 weeks then it begins to lose its protection rather quickly. I hope they can get the shots down to once a year like the flue shot, sooner rather than later.
      We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
      https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

My wife and I had zero side effects from the three vaxs we've gotten so far, except for my wife having a sore arm for one of them. We did end up catching Covid anyway eventually, but it was as mild as a common cold. I was fatigued for a day and slept a lot, but that was it. We will definitely get the second booster.
        Arthur

Comment

Those of you that had mild reations to the shots are real lucky. The 3rd booster shot just about hopitalised me. Lost all leg and arm muscle control to the point where I could barely walk and getting up off the toilet was close to impossible. Had actually made up my mind to call the ambulance but decided to have a rest first. Started to come right after the rest at least well enough to take 100mm steps so stayed home. Unwell for 3 months doc put me on Prednison to suppress the immune system and have come right. Almost back to normal at last. Now have to slowly drop the drug dose weekly to come off the stuff.

Jury is well and truly out on getting another shot. Will wait to see what the effects on others is first I think. Don't want to go through all that again in a hurry. Not a happy event.

Comment

My wife and I had only mild reaction to the initial shots and first booster. My brother and his wife both got Covid-19 in spite of shots and boosters, were hospitalized, and recovered. They were exposed to family members who didn't bother to get shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
              I will get the 4th one I think. But I have been reading different reports on it and to say it is a confusing pile of paper is an understatement. If I understand , 4 months after the 3rd booster the protection from has fallen. The 4th shot bumps it back to levels lost. But it only stays there for about 4 weeks then it begins to lose its protection rather quickly. I hope they can get the shots down to once a year like the flue shot, sooner rather than later.
              Randy and Dileon.... Every piece of information that has been published about COVID over the past three years seems to be subject to change even before the print is even dry. It's my personal opinion that when making decisions about getting the vaccine it's really a matter of deciding which holds the greater risk..... not getting the vaccine or boosters or receiving the partial or full series. My wife and I had made up our minds in the beginning that we go with the full vaccination series and deal with any side effects later. This belief was only made stronger after our youngest daughter nearly died from the dam disease. So far our side effects have been limited to immediate reactions within a 48-60 hour period. I agree that if the side effects were any more intense and lasted longer than 3-days that we might have to re-evaluate at our decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Jennings View Post
                Those of you that had mild reations to the shots are real lucky. The 3rd booster shot just about hopitalised me. Lost all leg and arm muscle control to the point where I could barely walk and getting up off the toilet was close to impossible. Had actually made up my mind to call the ambulance but decided to have a rest first. Started to come right after the rest at least well enough to take 100mm steps so stayed home. Unwell for 3 months doc put me on Prednison to suppress the immune system and have come right. Almost back to normal at last. Now have to slowly drop the drug dose weekly to come off the stuff.

Jury is well and truly out on getting another shot. Will wait to see what the effects on others is first I think. Don't want to go through all that again in a hurry. Not a happy event.
                Glenn.... According to the literature (CDC, NIH and so forth) that I've read to this point, when the symptoms become greater or different than those publicized it's time to consult your physician. I too would be very hesitant of receiving any further boosters given your experience.

Comment

I am so glad that all of you have had these shots. I have had 3 with no feelings at all and have no thoughts of more shots. IMHO I believe there is too many sayings on what's to do about this. And how can they KEEP coming up with these "new" ones any way.

I mean what is the matter with the country that cannot control the health of the lives of it's citizens and that will let this run rampant through out the our world and the other countries are like sheep following right along the Chinese? After all they are the ones that let it loose and we let it go on and on here in the states?

Now am I to far off .? And the DRUG companies are sucking the $$$$$$ out, like diamonds out of Africa .. Comment to me, I would like to know.
                  Guys and Gals do take care ,
                  Thanks for letting me rant. I have to cut up something..
                  Chuck
                  Chuck
                  Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur C.
                    Having several folks we personally knew or were related to die from Covid, it was a no brainer for my wife and I to get the series of shots. Not all of our family did so, however, which I must admit I think is irresponsible.
                    Yes , not to get the shots is irresponsible for darn sure, I know of several that are still trying to beat the Devil to his end of the game. And I also know some that DID NOT. also in the grave. Sad they were good people but not bright.
                    Have a great day my friend and get back to work ).
                    C
                    Chuck
                    Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

Just something to think about is this: This virus has mutated so many times that the ability of medical research to come up with a booster to help protect against the latest and more virulent ones is seriously hindered. Is some protection better than none? I feel it is. I have several close family members with severe health issues. For them to get Covid would be a pretty certain death sentence. For that reason, we have all gotten the latest booster. Fortunately, no issues other than sore arms and tiredness for a day or so. I simply hope everyone stays healthy and stays safe! And please consult your doctor if you have concerns about how you may react to future boosters.
                      Last edited by llc1952; 04-23-2022, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X