• Show
Clear All

• Decorated for Easter

We are all ready for the Easter holiday, Lilies and rabbits
    Have a nice Easter everyone
    IMG_2320.jpg
    Herb

Same to you Herb!

P.S. Three month cancer check-up yesterday. All good. Two years clean means I graduate to six month instead of three month check-ups. It will be a great Easter.

Comment

Well done, Herb!

Congratulations, Eddy!

Claude
      My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
      My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
      My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
      My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Thank you Herb & Phillis right back to you and all fellow members.

Eddy~~~~whohoo. always great to hear good news
        Last edited by joepaulbutler; 04-16-2022, 05:04 PM.
        . . .JoeB

Comment

Some graciously great news for a change!
          Thanks and Have a good Holiday, AND NO Chocchocolate ,, Haaaa.bout choked on that one.
          Cheers
          Chuck
          Chuck
          Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

Bunnies look great Herb. Easter blessings to you and your and to all of the Forum.
            We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
            https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Hope everyone is having a nice holiday.

I am stuck at home this holiday. NOAA blasting flash flood watch this weekend...so going nowhere. Looks like the Easter bunny is going to need a boat. Plus they said the island is surging again with the pandemic.

Yesterday I hit the road in search of a tree to buy, not for carving this time. I went and got myself some edible trees called the Moringa....which has been a major thought of mine. Although, I may regret it as they grow fast and are hard to kill. By the end of a year, they will be 20 feet tall, but again inflation at the grocery store is getting worst by the week. I need greens and drought tolerate plants... you can eat the leaves that make a great papaya soup, seeds, and beans it produces, plus the flowers, bark, and roots are all a tasty edible. One of those things you say yea do it, and the next minute no you will regret it, but if things get worst which I do not see...then I will be more than ok.
              . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Originally posted by DiLeon View Post
                Hope everyone is having a nice holiday.

I am stuck at home this holiday. NOAA blasting flash flood watch this weekend...so going nowhere. Looks like the Easter bunny is going to need a boat. Plus they said the island is surging again with the pandemic.

Yesterday I hit the road in search of a tree to buy, not for carving this time. I went and got myself some edible trees called the Moringa....which has been a major thought of mine. Although, I may regret it as they grow fast and are hard to kill. By the end of a year, they will be 20 feet tall, but again inflation at the grocery store is getting worst by the week. I need greens and drought tolerate plants... you can eat the leaves that make a great papaya soup, seeds, and beans it produces, plus the flowers, bark, and roots are all a tasty edible. One of those things you say yea do it, and the next minute no you will regret it, but if things get worst which I do not see...then I will be more than ok.
                NOW waita minute, eat a tree? Do you or you do remember old Ule(sp) Gibbons the vegan of years back ? It seems he ate every thing, Then this brings to mind , when I was in the servise, one of my buddies wife got a book on eddibles of Oregon just before we went camping up in the brush,. They were from Ohio, and wanted to learn every thing, well by thetime we got setteled in the tents for the night,,

They were packing up and headed back to town she was sicker than all get out. Two days in the hosp. Poor gal and OF course it spread all ove rthe Air Base what she did, NO not me Her hubby did it, then her nick name was Miss Mossy.

But I am off the track and very courious. And am going to look that one up.
                Cheers young lady and great idea on the Tree, but is that one of the invasivie ones?.
                Take care
                C
                Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by NoDNA View Post

NOW waita minute, eat a tree?

But I am off the track and very curious. And am going to look that one up.
                  Cheers young lady and great idea on the Tree, but is that one of the invasive ones?.
                  Take care
                  C
                  Moringa is often known as the “miracle tree,” but do you know why that is? Mainly, it is because every part of the Moringa tree is beneficial for humans and animals. The leaves, roots, bark, seeds, and seed cake can be used for a variety of things, including food, medicine, and water purification. They sell the leaves at the farmers markets here. I know people who grow the tree and eat it. Most Filipinos have a tree in their yard,... neighbors make soup and give it me over the years. It is an amazing tree around the world. . It grows super fast so you need to either eat it or keep it trimmed twice a year. Some people cut it down once a year to a large stump and in nine months it grows back. I know they sell the seeds and powder on Amazon as a health food source. On another search, they are talking about using it for world hunger in hot areas.

Moringa oleifera - Also known as "The Miracle Tree", " Horseradish tree" or the "Tree of Life". The Moringa oleifera cultivar, a subspecies of the Moringaceae family is native to the Himalayas in Northwestern India. It has been widely cultivated in tropical & subtropical areas. Edible raw or cooked, it is one of the most nutritious terrestrial plants in the world! Nutrition values - 26% protein by weight, 17 times the calcium of milk, 4 times vitamins of carrots, 15 times the potassium of bananas, 25 times the Iron of spinach, 7 times the vitamin C of oranges,.... 92 nutrients 46 natural antioxidants.

I spend a great deal of time cutting down and trimming trees...my only thing is I have one more thing to maintain. When they say easy to grow and super fast ...that made me stop and think hard...as I know what that means...fast as Jack in the Beanstalk fast.

I got interested in Purdue university famine foods a while back although this is not one of them. One thing about eating plants and trees... you need more than a book as too many plants look alike ...you have to know your botany or have an instructor teach about survival plants in my opinion. I got my trees at a top botanical nursery garden.
                  Last edited by DiLeon; 04-16-2022, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Interesting Easter. NOAA is screaming Get those weekend boats out of the water now!!! Seems like we got water spouts mixed in thunderstorms on the ocean. I wonder a lot about people today winning the idiot of the year award. It seems be getting worst in the last few years. A snow warning on the volcano. images (5).jpg
                    Attached Files

Comment

Happy Easter. Cute carvings!
                      My Website: www.carvingjunkies.com
                      Instagram
                      : https://www.instagram.com/carvingjunkies/
                      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carvingjunkies/

Comment

Originally posted by DiLeon View Post
                        Moringa is often known as the “miracle tree,” but do you know why that is? Mainly, it is because every part of the Moringa tree is beneficial for humans and animals. The leaves, roots, bark, seeds, and seed cake can be used for a variety of things, including food, medicine, and water purification. They sell the leaves at the farmers markets here. I know people who grow the tree and eat it. Most Filipinos have a tree in their yard,... neighbors make soup and give it me over the years. It is an amazing tree around the world. . It grows super fast so you need to either eat it or keep it trimmed twice a year. Some people cut it down once a year to a large stump and in nine months it grows back. I know they sell the seeds and powder on Amazon as a health food source. On another search, they are talking about using it for world hunger in hot areas.

Moringa oleifera - Also known as "The Miracle Tree", " Horseradish tree" or the "Tree of Life". The Moringa oleifera cultivar, a subspecies of the Moringaceae family is native to the Himalayas in Northwestern India. It has been widely cultivated in tropical & subtropical areas. Edible raw or cooked, it is one of the most nutritious terrestrial plants in the world! Nutrition values - 26% protein by weight, 17 times the calcium of milk, 4 times vitamins of carrots, 15 times the potassium of bananas, 25 times the Iron of spinach, 7 times the vitamin C of oranges,.... 92 nutrients 46 natural antioxidants.

I spend a great deal of time cutting down and trimming trees...my only thing is I have one more thing to maintain. When they say easy to grow and super fast ...that made me stop and think hard...as I know what that means...fast as Jack in the Beanstalk fast.

I got interested in Purdue university famine foods a while back although this is not one of them. One thing about eating plants and trees... you need more than a book as too many plants look alike ...you have to know your botany or have an instructor teach about survival plants in my opinion. I got my trees at a top botanical nursery garden.
                        SO DANG INTERESTING!!
                        Thanks , and take care.
                        C
                        Chuck

Comment

Working...
                        X