weather watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weather watch

They are telling storm chasers that the best storm chasing of the decade may start tomorrow. Hypersevere storms coming make sure you note if you are in the areas across the states. I highly recommend you have or later get NOAA alert radio as they will tell if you have tornados, flooding earthquakes and even aliens landing in your area.

Stay safe this weekend...
    Last edited by DiLeon; 04-28-2022, 03:21 PM.
    . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

On another note, the neighbor saw my gate was open to my property, knew it was always locked and locked it. The post office man came had a package and decided to throw it over the gate into the cement driveway. There went all my brand new canning jars into shards of glass which was a major package not to break. Needless to say...Glass jars can not be thrown onto cement no matter what and are expected not to break. I shake my head...and mumble a few choice words and deeply worried about people's minds these days, common sense seems to be a very old art.

Hawaii is sunny and in the seventy today...tomorrow pouring again. Hope these storms miss all of you.

Comment

Di.... We don't have centrally located sirens like they do in the mid-west but between our NOAA Alert Radio, and local city and state alerts that we receive on all three of our telephones, here on the central coast of Florida we're in fairly good shape. Additionally, I keep the TV on and tuned to a weather report when ever an alert is received from any source. Plus I have a small portable digital TV and multiple radios for when there is a power failure. On the downside, in the event of severe straight line winds or a tornado, the only half-way safe place in the house is the bathroom and the fact that it's a block house. However, about thirty years ago our area was hit by a good sized tornado and following the storm we took a ride over to witness the damage for ourselves. Most homes that were hit were minus a roof and in some the entire contents had been sucked out. On some even the block walls had collapsed. That kind of leads me to believe that in the event of a catastrophic storm the results would be more like Dorothy and Toto's flight in "Over The rainbow!"

Comment

I was in sitting in a ditch during an F5 in 1974 darn lucky it did not come over me because it hit the town, it cleaned like a giant vacumn cleaner. I took a job at a hospital in the safety administration, my boss was ex female homicide police officer from Florida, mean little ****.... I was major schooled for a few years on laws, disaster safety, infection safety, and the works for hospital safety and even mass disaster training. I left that job because I was told I had bone cancer, which was later diagnosed as not cancer but very severe arthritis. Nevertheless, my interest in the field continues to look into all areas, one main thing was the why so many people die question. I got a major interest in weather, various mass disasters, and the works which continue in my old age could say it is a major hobby of mine. Today I will get on the internet and join the storm chasers. Today, the chasers giving on-ground news often can give as much as 15-minute warning ahead of NOAA. You can tell now ...if your watching if you are going to get hit. People die to the fact they were not paying attention often or who to listen too. Just my opinion people get killed because the news is not reported right or you got a bad meteorologist. Here on the islands, there is nowhere to run, so you need to know the basics of how to survive. All I can say is get that darn bike helmet as most people die from a head injury, and NOAA radio, it can save your life in today's world. Tornados and even the big boy hurricanes and major drought weather in the west are very bad news lately. So no matter where you live, there are elements of safety you will need to learn to take action if it happens. Watching tornados over the years they are all so different in how they act and what they do. I saw one touch down, go back up, touch down again, go back up ...up and down. Unbelievable how everything plays together in the elements.

Ed do not know where you are in Nebraska but be safe today. Perfect storm weather is there right now.

Major growing popular news of storms in the matter of who to listen too... I highly recommend live RYAN HALL (Y’ALL) on YOUTUBE AND WEATHER ANALYST . He has all the top chasers on his channel and he is ahead of the news major in meteorology he tells people when to go into their shelter, when to put on that helmet and where the storm is. IMG_1742.jpg

The “Storm Seeking Situation Room” beats out local news channels as people report to him also on live chat and photos, videos on the ground storms. They are hooked into NOAA weather and other weather reports.
        He has over 510,000 subscribers on his YouTube channel where he creates a huge variety of meteorological content. Also, on TikTok he boasts a massive 1 million+ engaged followers! From in-depth forecast analysis to storm chasing in a monster truck, Ryan right now is the best in the field!

Comment

Storm chaser Reed got one of the best videos yesterday. Lots of house gone but no deaths these people where ready. This is a tornado. Storm continues across the central USA today ....

Comment

Thanks, Di - sure hope I never have to experience one of those...

Claude
            My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
            My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
            My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
            My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Originally posted by DiLeon View Post
              Storm chaser Reed got one of the best videos yesterday. Lots of house gone but no deaths these people where ready. This is a tornado. Storm continues across the central USA today ....
              That was about 20 miles from me.

Comment

In 1964 I was working on a highway crew in Wichita Fall Texas. A F5 ripped though the north side of town about 3miles north of where we were. It took every thing in its path to the ground. On Dec 12 th and the 25th of 2012 we had two, a EF1 then a EF2 hit almost the same area in mid town Mobile. The EF2 did a lot of damage to homes and a high school but by the grace no one was hurt. In Alabama we have them in some form every year. From thunder storms and or they come in with a hurricane. just part of life down here.
                We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
                https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Originally posted by JBright11 View Post

That was about 20 miles from me.
                  You had tons of storm chasers in your area filming these supercells. One guy I think it was Vince lost all his windows due to hail. More storms are coming so heads up for the next few days. The weather has been perfect for these storms.

Comment

I've experienced a few tornado's in my life. I live in Kansas, it's just a fact of life here.
                    All of our local news stations have at least a couple of storm chasers on the payroll with mobile weather labs and all that jazz.

Comment

I've experienced a few tornado's in my life. I live in Kansas, it's just a fact of life here.
                      All of our local news stations have at least a couple of storm chasers on the payroll with mobile weather labs and all that jazz.
                      You are lucky to live in such an area, still today many areas are not proactive. Here in Hawaii, we live in a denial world ... do not want to spend money on being safe in these areas. We do not even have hurricane shelters fitted for hurricanes and yet they tell people if they are not safe go to a shelter.

Today's news weather is going to be bad again today...NOAA radio woke me up three times last night. But worst news, The United States military is tracking a Russian vessel near Hawaii’s waters, according to the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command. The way I see it, that is worst than a tornado in the world today.
                      Last edited by DiLeon; 05-02-2022, 10:35 AM.

Comment

In my neck of the woods almost all houses have basements.
                        If there is no basement, such as in older rural farmhouses and such, underground root cellars are the alternative.
                        Mobile home parks and apartments are all required to have community shelters.

Comment

Mr. Bright...I am in Central Kansas in Great Bend...we had 90 mph straight line winds on Friday evening with a dust storm that lasted for about 30 minutes. Saturday, my wife and I were out and about and saw several of the road ditches drifted over with top soil.

Andover must be a tornado magnet...I remember the one that destroyed a part of that town in 1991...

We have had more wind here in the last 5 months that I can remember in my 60 years of life.

Got more chances of nasty weather through today and tomorrow.

Comment

https://www.ipl.org/essay/Dust-Storm...30-PCDYB8BZDAM

Here is a history note.. And as always they can blame todays on yesterday.
                            Chuck
                            Chuck
                            Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                              In 1964 I was working on a highway crew in Wichita Fall Texas. A F5 ripped though the north side of town about 3miles north of where we were. It took every thing in its path to the ground. On Dec 12 th and the 25th of 2012 we had two, a EF1 then a EF2 hit almost the same area in mid town Mobile. The EF2 did a lot of damage to homes and a high school but by the grace no one was hurt. In Alabama we have them in some form every year. From thunder storms and or they come in with a hurricane. just part of life down here.
                              And only 30 some years earlier In KS, Ok.

Chuck
                              Chuck
                              Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

Working...
                              X