Haven't been just laying back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't been just laying back

I haven't toughed a knife since my son was here on the first of May. He was here for 3 days, so well time spent there. I don't know about the rest of you but as I get older the more into routes I'm into. Sat is spent doing meds and personal correspondence, etc, if any time is left before supper grab a knife. Sun. are spent paying bills and another type of business items this, then like Sat if there is time before supper grab a knife.

My Carving area is 34x 13, which I use about 13"sq for the actual carving area. But that area gets pretty congested when I'm carving, I'm the type that uses something and just lays it down when I get ready for something else, so my 13 sq. in. can get pretty congested.

So before I cranked up with the knives, I thought I would try, notice try, to get things a little better organized. You need a plan to get started. so just draw one up. When I retired in '09 I was considered to be one of the best AutoCAD hands in the Reno/Sparks area, Even had my own "Butler Design & Drafting" I still have my copy of AutoCAD loaded, just draw a location plan.

****, what was the command∙∙∙∙What was that shortcut∙∙∙∙! How much you can forget & with the eyes not as sharp as they once were it was not the speediest set of plans I ever made. There are more knives that I use on one carving, but I've used one of them at least once in the past year. I placed the rack on another small table that I'll be able to pull up along the carving bench

Today about 12 days after I last picked up a knife, I'll be ready to go tomorrow.
    Attached Files
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 6 photos.
    Last edited by joepaulbutler; 05-12-2022, 08:20 PM.
    . . .JoeB

Nice setup Joe. It should serve you well!
    We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
    https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Joe... I've got you beat. My actual carving area is only 4'X4'. Of course the chips fly all over the room so before I can quit my day it's mandatory to do a little vacuuming. It keeps the boss off my back! P.S.... Nice collection of tools!

Comment

Look like you’ve got your ducks in a row. It is good to have tools to hand.
        My tools start out organized but then there is just a pile of sharp tools. I have recently been trying to maintain three separate areas on my bench. Left to right: Sharp Objects, Measuring Devices and Abraders (rasps and sandpaper) witch also act as paper weights on the reference photos.
        Last edited by Nebraska; 05-13-2022, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Hi Joe
          Well there is no shortage of cutting instruments in that set up. Nice one buddy.

I have been taking a bit of a breather to get a wall re-lined and plastered after a leak in the roof skylight. Had to re-do all the flashings which had never been done properly. 100% waterproof now. Got the wallpaper done just need to replace a bit of trim and I'm done. We have a week of bad weather coming up so might get back into it in a day or two.

Glad I can still do this renovating stuff as it costs a small fortune to get someone in for it.

Look forward to seeing your next piece.

Comment

Working...
          X