X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big week for doctors

Today we go to Douglas to get Phyllis and EKG
    Tomorrow we head out to Cheyenne where Phyllis will have a root canal
    Wednesday we head the other direction to Casper to meet with the vascular surgeon and do some pre op stuff for Phyllis.
    Thursday she will have surgery to clean out an artery. This is surgery not a roto root so she will be hospitalized or 3 or 4 days recovering. Friday is Phyllis birthday so I will have to sneak a cake and candles into recovery.
    The good news is only one artery is blocked (70%) so only one surgery.
    Lots of driving this week plus we have to get the stock water and fences ready for the cows coming to summer pasture and help my sister brand on Saturday.
    Good thing we rested all winter
    Herb

HI, Herb, Thoughts and Prayers are with you and Phyllis this Week. Hope things go well . Merle

Comment

Originally posted by uvawyo View Post
      Today we go to Douglas to get Phyllis and EKG
      Tomorrow we head out to Cheyenne where Phyllis will have a root canal
      Wednesday we head the other direction to Casper to meet with the vascular surgeon and do some pre op stuff for Phyllis.
      Thursday she will have surgery to clean out an artery. This is surgery not a roto root so she will be hospitalized or 3 or 4 days recovering. Friday is Phyllis birthday so I will have to sneak a cake and candles into recovery.
      The good news is only one artery is blocked (70%) so only one surgery.
      Lots of driving this week plus we have to get the stock water and fences ready for the cows coming to summer pasture and help my sister brand on Saturday.
      Good thing we rested all winter
      Herb before you go for the dental thing...make sure your surgeon knows and gives the OK. I had major surgery canceled due to the fact I was getting dental work, root canals and et. The surgeons would not touch me for the whole ten months with a broken femur head... due to the fact dental work is bad for infections and they did want the risk of it spreading to the surgery site.
      . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Originally posted by DiLeon View Post

Herb before you go for the dental thing...make sure your surgeon knows and gives the OK. I had major surgery canceled due to the fact I was getting dental work, root canals and et. The surgeons would not touch me for the whole ten months with a broken femur head... due to the fact dental work is bad for infections and they did want the risk of it spreading to the surgery site.
        The vascular surgeon has oked the root canal in fact he sort of recommended she do the root canal before the artery thing
        Herb

Comment

Holy moly, Can't they think up a couple of medical things to do to a charming wife, WOW? I know I speak for all of the members in saying I hope all the procedures go well. Happy Birthday, Phyllis, hope Herb is able to get the cake and candles to you.

Herb, you must lease for pasture out in the summer. Hope you don't get any rouge critters that like to roam.
          . . .JoeB

Comment

Your dance card reads kind of full! I won't ask you to replace the culvert.

The really big deal is that I hope that Phyllis comes out of this much more comfortable.
            Brian T

Comment

Dang, Herb, ya'll have your hands full! Please give Phyllis my best wishes for a speedy recovery.
              Arthur

Comment

You're my hero Herb! I know that all of us "old timers" have our hands full with Dr's and medical procedures but the fact that you're still ranching and branding cows completely blows my mind. I don't know where you find the energy. I get up in the morning, make the beds, do up the dirty dishes and put away the clean ones and no matter what time it is, it's always breaktime! I just can't picture myself wrestlin' with some big old steer!

Comment

Herb, you and Phyllis are in my prayers. You are an awesome team in the carving community !
                  https://www.facebook.com/baggerleather/

Comment

Sure hope everything went well for you two yesterday and today!

Claude
                    My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                    My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                    My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                    My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy-Smiles View Post
                      You're my hero Herb! I know that all of us "old timers" have our hands full with Dr's and medical procedures but the fact that you're still ranching and branding cows completely blows my mind. I don't know where you find the energy. I get up in the morning, make the beds, do up the dirty dishes and put away the clean ones and no matter what time it is, it's always breaktime! I just can't picture myself wrestlin' with some big old steer!
                      Eddy at last years branding I was the oldest worker there at age 77 I branded about 100 calves in about 2 hours and was plumb worn out worn out when my niece relieved me I hope to do it again Saturday
                      Herb

Comment

Herb, please give Phyliss our best and our prayers go out to your family, wow branding cattle, didn't know they even did that anymore, sounds like fun unless your one of the calves.
                        Mark N. Akers
                        My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Hope all goes well for Phyllis, this is a week that she will be glad when it’s over! Wouldn’t hurt my feelings a bit if you put a picture or two of the action you’ll be doing Saturday at the branding. I would really enjoy being there, but I would be like the announcer at the Sheridan rodeo warned at the wild horse race, all you Sears Roebuck cowboys better get on the fence now! That’d be me, big grin! I have helped with cattle in Wyoming before, but you genuine cowboys are TOUGH, Earl

Comment

We Thank You all for the kind thoughts for Phyllis, We got the root canal done yesterday and are off to Casper this morning
                            Herb

Comment

Originally posted by uvawyo View Post

Eddy at last years branding I was the oldest worker there at age 77 I branded about 100 calves in about 2 hours and was plumb worn out worn out when my niece relieved me I hope to do it again Saturday
                              WOW! You rock my friend!

Comment

Working...
                              X