Have a great day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a great day

Good morning fellow carvers! Nice day on the Gulf. Raining and 75. So much better than the 100 + of last week. Hope
    were ever you are it is a day you can enjoy!!
    We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
    https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Thank you, Randy! Pretty pleasant here in Idaho, not having the wind at the moment we have been having.

Comment

Hi, Randy, 8o Degs. Sunny , nice Blue Sky , got a Hair Cut This Morning , my day is Complete . Might spend some time in the Shop till the Heat hits if I can find some Ambition . If not , Nap time this afternoon is looking good . Have a Good day. Merle

Comment

Same on my side of the Gulf although it's very steamy out!

Comment

The weather is in low 80s but the humidity is so thick you can taste it.

We have hit an inflation mark 60 percent higher than the mainland USA and that means food also...., we used to be neck in neck with Alaska in cost of living. But we left Alaska's cost of living in the dirt lately. Things are bad, I am in the gardens big time as I will have to rely on the food coming out of it. Think I am going to watch this state get destroyed in all ways....have to be a darn fool to live here right now. But I am planted for the long haul. No time to do anything other than getting ready for the hard times ahead. If God decides to straighten up this country's mistakes for the last twenty years....then I will scream praise...but do not see anything that is good right now. As all four military bases are buzzing like major bee hives on the pacific rim these days.

Hope for getting major hard work finished up and done and time to breathe as there is no time for art. I have had a horrible feeling something really bad is going to happen for the last few days. I have had a few job offers in the art dept. , but the economy is so unstable. That, I decide to beef up my gardens and fruit trees and the whole works at home first. Been watching Lake Mead dry up, shake my head some places are worst off than living here. I do have plans although to make a dragon and put it on my gated trellis outside.

The only blessing today, people can not afford to buy bomb fireworks this year. Some of these new fireworks have blown holes in the road and killed off cars last year. But today... The cats and I are happy and dancing this year ... the house is not rocking and rolling for the last two weeks from the horror bomb firework. This year a major smile on my face. I would not complain one bit if there was no fireworks this year...as the illegal fireworks have become a nightmare here. Anyway, enjoy your 4th of July while you can still afford the cheap food costs and gas costs you are paying now.
          . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Hi, Di, If your Garden is a Success , and I think it will, you might need to a Guard on it to keep out uninvited Shoppers . Merle

Comment

We hit 99°, had hit of 90° since, wind and not rain
              . . .JoeB

Comment

This time of year on the Gulf it is always “air you can wear”. Every ones yard is their own personal spa’s!

Comment

Humidity is high all day, and most of the rain for the past week has gone around us on both sides. Because of the temps, I'm having to water the potted plants and flowers every other day, and the berries twice per week - this is the time they are going new canes that will have berries next year. Blackberries were a disappointment this year; had about 1/4 of the crop of last year - a storm came through when they were all in blossom and wiped out most of this years crop. Last year, when H. Ida came through and we lost power, I had to throw away 3 full gallon ziplock bags of frozen blackberries - neighbors couldn't take them because of power loss, so they went into the trash... Oh, well, maybe next year...

Claude

​​​​​​​
                  My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                  My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                  My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                  My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Zilcho humidity here in California. We need water, badly. Yet there is new construction all around here. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
                      Hi, Di, If your Garden is a Success , and I think it will, you might need to a Guard on it to keep out uninvited Shoppers . Merle
                      That is an issue people coming in and stealing food here, as food is getting unaffordable. But I have the big sticker bush plan on the fence line which today is major.... I have gates to the gates, I am making a double fence that people can not climb over and I have blocking view trees and bush which you can not see my property now. Thinking about making red glowing paint traps that swing out the tree and nail you a good one ...since I was told I can not make booby traps by the police dept. LOL The photo is the thorn bush tons worst than having barb wire fence, its on the fence line and on the roof of the carport so people can not climb in. Those thorns will go throw the soles of your shoes. bougainvillea_barbara_karst_4__38796.1439403476.400.400.jpg
                      Last edited by DiLeon; 07-01-2022, 02:52 PM.
                      . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Hi, Di, It sounds like you are prepared and Thinking Ahead . You will be Fine, your a Survivor . Merle

Comment

Originally posted by DiLeon View Post
                          That is an issue people coming in and stealing food here, as food is getting unaffordable. But I have the big sticker bush plan on the fence line which today is major.... I have gates to the gates, I am making a double fence that people can not climb over and I have blocking view trees and bush which you can not see my property now. Thinking about making red glowing paint traps that swing out the tree and nail you a good one ...since I was told I can not make booby traps by the police dept. LOL The photo is the thorn bush tons worst than having barb wire fence, its on the fence line and on the roof of the carport so people can not climb in. Those thorns will go throw the soles of your shoes. bougainvillea_barbara_karst_4__38796.1439403476.400.400.jpg
                          Heart braking that America is becoming a place we’re people have to protect themselves from their neighbors.

Comment

Working...
                          X