Bad weather, Derecho?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad weather, Derecho?

The weather this year is hot and heavy. If you are not in the middle of a drought and heat, then you may have other major issues. Outrageous storms seem to be in the picture this year as extreme heat mix in with moisture. Right now...Severe weather charging across North Central states toward Midwest. Here in the pacific, we have our first major hurricane although it seems not to be at risk, we will have to watch it anyway. Weather is very unpredictable and if you watch the storm chasers you know anything can happen. So listen to top radio meteorologists or NOAA radio and stay off the news channels. More so be prepared. If you have not seen what a Derecho watch the Youtube video of 2020 it looks like a hurricane on land.
    Intense thunderstorms could elevate the risk of power outages for millions across the central U.S. through midweek, including the potential for a particularly dangerous complex of storms known as a derecho. Stay wise and stay safe.

PS I think the FBI shut down the fireworks it was dead quiet last night for the first time in forty years. The cats and I are happy campers.
    Last edited by DiLeon; 07-05-2022, 03:10 PM.
    . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Our NOAA radio stays on at all times. We just had a tornado warning the week before last. When ever an alert comes through I switch on the TV to check the radar to determine exactly what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy-Smiles View Post
      Our NOAA radio stays on at all times. We just had a tornado warning the week before last. When ever an alert comes through I switch on the TV to check the radar to determine exactly what's going on.
      Eddie this guy and the whole meteorology staff and storm chasers are live right now on these storms across the state...on You Tube so check him out and see if you like his reporting? He is also on other various formats like twitter and etc. Right now he is one of the best in the states as he often beats the NOAA radio. Not only their radar is top of the line plus they teach you how to read it. If were you, I would check him out before running to local tv. Wish we had top-of-the-line warning system like this in the islands.
      Last edited by DiLeon; 07-05-2022, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Climate Change to me just means more extremes. I've lived here for just 22 years or so, this is the coldest spring anybody can remember. Everything, including my grapes, is 2 weeks behind. Often, gardeners here are seeding before the end of May, they all got frosted off and had to start all over.
        Lots of new green houses going up around the village this year. People just gave up! Even without any extra heat, the green houses give maybe 3-4 weeks more at each end of the summer.

Even July now = the alpine melting and potential flooding should be happening. Just a trickle.
        The snow pack was 260% of normal, lots of panic and rivers all came up but nothing to worry about.
        Depressing to listen to my central heating furnace coming on, same exact thermostat setting as I was using at 20 below in mid-winter.
        Brian T

Comment

We had a Derecho come screaming through Central Kansas with 100 mph hour winds on December 15th last year. Had a fire that burned over 400,000 acres through 4 counties here in the North Central area.

Comment

Originally posted by DiLeon View Post

Eddie this guy and the whole meteorology staff and storm chasers are live right now on these storms across the state...on You Tube so check him out and see if you like his reporting? He is also on other various formats like twitter and etc. Right now he is one of the best in the states as he often beats the NOAA radio. Not only their radar is top of the line plus they teach you how to read it. If were you, I would check him out before running to local tv. Wish we had top-of-the-line warning system like this in the islands.
            Good to know!

Comment

Mother Nature will have her way! Heavy weather is a on going regality on the Gulf. Our hurricane weather is just warming up. All we can do is be prepared and stay tuned to to weather reports.
              We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
              https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                Mother Nature will have her way! Heavy weather is a on going regality on the Gulf. Our hurricane weather is just warming up. All we can do is be prepared and stay tuned to to weather reports.
                We got hurricane cat 3 Bonnie in the pacific heading our way. Global computer forecast models suggest the storm will eventually head west towards Hawaii and weaken. However, lingering moisture from Bonnie could travel over Hawaii, bringing very heavy rain to the island chain state on/around July 15. While a sudden surge of moisture could bring flash flooding and mud/rock slides to Hawaii, There is a new possible hurricane forming farther out in the ocean right behind it headed straight for the islands also. Although ten-day predictions can go anywhere? Way too soon to even consider it, but getting ready. I think the train of hurricanes is already starting to form early this year... no thanks to this hot weather. As the storms are all from near Mexico. They all seem mostly run-down hurricane alley to our direction one after another some years. Like everyone keeps saying we are long overdue for a direct hit.
                Last edited by DiLeon; 07-06-2022, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Hawaii-style evacuation plan? but where is the question?

2586029883ef6a858274cbe51a8a3d0c--hurricane-party-the-hurricane.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by tbox61 View Post
                    We had a Derecho come screaming through Central Kansas with 100 mph hour winds on December 15th last year. Had a fire that burned over 400,000 acres through 4 counties here in the North Central area.
                    been watching videos of them and their black sky looks like a cross of a sand storm in the middle east and a hurricane/tornado all mixed into one pot. And the wild color sky in some of them are amazing. Like tornados, I hate them because no time getting ready. Hurricanes we know six days out when they are most likely to come and hit, lots of time to get ready. Those Derechos appear to have a very short time between taking shelter and hiding. Yikes!!!

Comment

new warning by todays media.....only in Hawaii!!!DMP09iFW0AEs8_l.jpg

Comment

From Louisiana to Florida it looks like a wet week ahead on the gulf. The system may turn tropical.
                        We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
                        https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Working...
                        X